It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Africa’s untold truths about Post-Apartheid.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

Didn't call you a Nazi I was referring to the Elephant who thinks folks of African ancestry are genetically and culturally predisposed to behave in a certain manner.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: rom12345

What will be, will be. Believe me we will continue as true Caucasoid Africans.

What does that even mean.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879
I'm more African than most stemming from the bantu migration / Imperialism
Wars were fought, we won. Shame for you though.No guilt in my sentiment as you imply no regard for my grievances.
edit on 16-2-2015 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

ah i see. well you should watch that video i linked above. has nothing to do with race.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: rom12345
Wars were fought, we won. Shame for you though.No guilt in my sentiment as you imply no regard for my grievances.

Sorry to go there, uncalled for. But give some thought to the response.
edit on 16-2-2015 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Didn't call you a Nazi I was referring to the Elephant who thinks folks of African ancestry are genetically and culturally predisposed to behave in a certain manner.

Each and every one of us is predisposed to certain forms/levels of behavior due to our genetics. Some parts of that can be modified through environment, some not. Hard to teach a pit-bull to point quail, or a Pekinese to herd cattle, but quite another matter with a pointer or a collie. You'll get used to the idea if you think about it long enough.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

So basically what you're saying is , no matter where you go or what the situation is -it's all the white man's fault, Got it.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: IndependentOpinion

I know that white people were better of than black people, but compared to what black people have in SA today, they were better of in some aspects such as living conditions, clean water, and healthcare.

Are you sure about that? Can you link a decent piece of evidence to support your argument?

You're in a great position here to spread some facts and information about South Africa to a membership that's mainly North American.

90% of SA is black, so how can we (white people) still be calling the shots, and be responsible for the poverty and suffering of black people?

My first post wasn't laying blame at white feet. It was just a counter-argument against your point that black South Africans had an equal education to white South Africans - they didn't.

A poorly-educated society, with limited resources, will have to try very hard to raise standards.

I know it happens, but how many white people are born in a shack, with no running water, or food or electricity, compared to black people? About a 70% higher amount in blacks, because they dominate they population.

What? Que? Eh?! Babies are born into the environments of their parents. You make it sound like black South African babies choose to be born in shacks with 'with no running water, or food or electricity.'

With ~half your population being under 24, your younger generation are a product of the inequalities of the Apartheid system.

We can lay blame all day long. Starting right now, what do you think needs to happen next? What will raise SA from where it is to where it should be?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tusks

Each and every one of us is predisposed to certain forms/levels of behavior due to our genetics. Some parts of that can be modified through environment, some not. Hard to teach a pit-bull to point quail, or a Pekinese to herd cattle, but quite another matter with a pointer or a collie. You'll get used to the idea if you think about it long enough.

Using the tired old behavioural genetics argument while equating humans with dogs says it all, really.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Can you link a decent piece of evidence to support your argument?

You're in a great position here to spread some facts and information about South Africa to a membership that's mainly North American.

News articles or studies? No sorry, really wish I had. I get my information from talking to many people, conducting my own 'polls'. I observe the state of the average black person, talk to them, listen at what other people have to say.

But I may be able to get you some kind of data supporting my claims. It may take some time, but if I find something I will let you know!

What? Que? Eh?! Babies are born into the environments of their parents. You make it sound like black South African babies choose to be born in shacks with 'with no running water, or food or electricity.'

That is my point. They got into that positions, and if they do not get out of them BEFORE conceiving children, it will become even harder to get out of that situations. This is another point. I know not a lot of people are like me, but many has made the decision to make sure you have a good income, a place to stay, and with the minimal amount of worries before starting a family.

To raise a child in SA will cost you about R90 000 per year.
www.calorababy.co.za...

We can lay blame all day long. Starting right now, what do you think needs to happen next? What will raise SA from where it is to where it should be?

My opinion is that both sides should swallow their pride. Back people should stop being full of pride and acknowledge that sometimes the only option is to turn to white men for help. They should stop their racism towards white people.
The most wealthy people in SA is still white people, not because they are white, but because they know what they do. So black people should stop resenting those white men, but instead go and learn from them.

But the white people also has a duty. They should stop thinking that they did not make any mistakes, because they did. They should try and help black people to rise up out of their situations.

Also, the ANC should be voted out of power. They are a big problem in this country. The people should stop voting for those who promise the most, but vote for those who can actually deliver. People with criminal reccords should not be allowed to join the police, or any government entity.

Just my take
edit on 16-2-2015 by IndependentOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: IndependentOpinion
a reply to: Kandinsky

That is my point. They got into that positions, and if they do not get out of them BEFORE conceiving children, it will become even harder to get out of that situations. This is another point. I know not a lot of people are like me, but many has made the decision to make sure you have a good income, a place to stay, and with the minimal amount of worries before starting a family.

My WHITE Afrikaner grandmother gave birth to her eldest daughter in a donkey car, because they were dirtpoor itinerant workers. Right now, there are millions of people around the world, living on the streets, or in subway tunnels or in tent settlements in first world countries through circumstances not of their own making. In many first world cities, it is virtually impossible to afford housing on a minimum wage. I have a friend who worked 6 days a week at one of Cape Town's most prestigious malls and couldn't afford anything better than a room she shared with three other people. The wage gap in South Africa is h-u-g-e, but it is not necessarily white/black gap. To imply that South Africa's blacks are in a situation of their own making seems a horribly misguided generalization.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: meridie

The low wage earners around the world are facing the same problem. They can not afford basic living needs anymore. This is by far the biggest social issue facing the world today. So you are 100% correct race does not dictate living class.

That being said culture can dictate living class. Look at places like Detroit here in the US. The black culture is bringing this upon themselves with a lazy give me a handout mindset. This has nothing to do with color of skin but buying into the progressive ideals and lies.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

That being said culture can dictate living class. Look at places like Detroit here in the US. The black culture is bringing this upon themselves with a lazy give me a handout mindset. This has nothing to do with color of skin but buying into the progressive ideals and lies.

So let me get this straight: you say it isn't to do with colour of skin, yet you use colour of skin in your argument?

Which 'black culture', by the way? Nigerian? Botswanan? Gambian? African American (and I'm sure you can break that down into subsets as well)?

I particularly like the 'buying into progressive ideals and lies" comment. That's highly informed.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

So basically what you're saying is , no matter where you go or what the situation is -it's all the white man's fault, Got it.

Errrr not all the time, but hey white folks did conquered and colonized the world leaving a mess a in their wake, btw the above map did not include North and South America and the Isles of the Caribbean.
Unlike marauders of the past, who just took stuff because they could, these guys felt the need to lie not only to others about the reasons they do what they did, they lied to themselves.
White man's Burden
Manifest Destiny.
Bringing God to the Godless
Fact is the world existed for thousands of yrs without your god, and version of civilization and for the most part did well for themselves. along came you guys broke much of it then throw your hands in the air and go..it wasn't me! the world and Africans could live with that, but nooo you still had interfere after you pulled out from points on that map.
edit on 16-2-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Yeah it's hard not to be a Nazi to the core it's in your genes.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
But there is only one answer.

If you were black and in South Africa during Apartheid, were you oppressed? Did you have the same freedoms and rights as white people?

If black people in South Africa were not oppressed, had the same freedoms and rights then Apartheid was absolutely great. But if they did not, then it had to end. There can be no oppression of any peoples in the world by another peoples.

That's the way it has to be. There is nothing in life more important than freedom. Are you free...at least free enough, like I am in the USA. I feel like I'm free enough, and there's nothing I can't accomplish if I work hard and smart enough. Every human should have that feeling.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

No no skip Joburg, you must do the Natal midlands and mountains, just got back. By the look of your name you may find what you're hunting too

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Yeah it's hard not to be a Nazi to the core it's in your genes.

It must be much harder for you, at least at some point, psychologically, to have to be a constant proponent of Political Correctness, since PC essentially always means promoting a view that flies in the face of easily observable real-world observations/alternatives.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: rom12345

I am not gonna ask if you share any recent genetic connection with any African, or if you are culturally African and the culture and language you subscribed to as a first language is not from out side the continent, still how the heck are you more African than a Bantu, by virtue of the fact that you and your ancestors fought them and what does winning mean, if the Bantus decide not to play nice, and kick you off lands you currently have in your possession isn't that them winning??..you know the right of conquest thingy.

You said you are More African than Bantus,yet only a generation ago that sign
said different,it said Europeans Only! but maybe I am mistaken maybe they meant tourist from Europe.
As I said before if you guys want to have a fresh start then join with your neighbors, and stop holding on to dreams of the good ol days when the world revolved around you only.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join