It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Africa’s untold truths about Post-Apartheid.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

My agenda?

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: IndependentOpinion

My agenda?

I think he was referring to the Maori's comments/agenda to your post.
edit on 10/06/2013 by Tusks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tusks

My agenda?

I'm a Pakeha.
Tangata Tiriti, ko Ngati Pakeha te Iwi.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: aorAki

My agenda?

I'm a Pakeha.
Tangata Tiriti, ko Ngati Pakeha te Iwi.

Thought you might be just a pretender.
For the others, Pakeha in Maori is similar to Hawaiian "Haole"--words of disrespect for white folks, although a few PC folks will argue that that is not the case.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Tusks

Wow!

Just Wow!

You really do have a chip on both of your shoulders.

I'm proud to embrace biculturalism in my country.

There have been several dubious interpretations given to the word Pākehā by people aiming to discredit it as a term. One claims that it derives from poaka the Māori word for (pig), and keha, one of the Māori words for (flea), and therefore expresses derogatory implications. There is no etymological or linguistic support for this notion — like all Polynesian languages, Māori is generally very conservative in terms of vowels; it would be extremely unusual for 'pā-' to derive from 'poaka'. The more common Māori word for flea is puruhi. It is also sometimes claimed that 'Pakeha' means white pig or unwelcome white stranger. However, no part of the word signifies "pig", "white", "unwelcome", or "stranger"

Wiki

The term ‘Pakeha’ is sometimes understood to mean ‘long pig’ and ‘white pig’. However this is not the case. Many early missionaries and government officials spoke Maori reasonably well using ‘Pakeha’ to describe themselves. Given the politics of the 1860s it is unlikely that such Pakeha would have used the word themselves in a derogatory sense (George, 1999).

It has also been argued that the term ‘Pakeha’ is derived from ‘Pa –Kea’, a long nosed bird that was often found in the pa. If this is compounded from indigenous Maori words then any attempt to analyse it must take into account Maori grammar and phonology. Pa-Kea fails on both criteria. Pa-Kea, pronounced Paa-Kea, has only one of the long vowels found in Pakeha, pronounced Paakehaa. (Biggs, 1988).

Source
edit on 18-2-2015 by aorAki because: Shortened quote

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: aorAki

I would think that means you likely live on the South Island, where the Maori population is quite low as a percentage. Also, you may be older than 30. It didn't use to be used derogatorily.

The Maoris of the North Island do often use the term as an insult. Polls have been taken to see if people "believe" it to be an insult (and many good people are not insulted at all) and the biggest percentage (70%) of young white people believed it to be insulting. When white "people of the Treaty" use the term to describe themselves, it is not an insult.

Maori art historian Jonathan Mane-Wheoki described Pākehā as "...the people who define themselves by what they are not. Who want to forget their origins, their history, their cultural inheritance — who want Maori, likewise, to deny their origins so that we can all start off afresh". I think that is a very good description---it could be argued as desirable--or insulting.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

"Wow!

Just Wow!

You really do have a chip on both of your shoulders.

I'm proud to embrace biculturalism in my country. "

Don't really have any chips on my shoulder--but the Elitist emphasis on the desirability of multi-culturalism (except in their own case) is a direct attack on the superior culture--ie, the mixing of a superior culture with a more primitive or less desirable culture-- and is a direct attack on White European Christianity (the superior culture of the world at present)--done intentionally.

Multi-culturalism (or in your case bi-culturalism) doesn't seem like a bad idea to some folks--but only insofar as they are allowed to live in the zone where the superior culture is in control. Once that person is forced to live in, with, and under the control of persons of a more primitive and less-tolerant culture, their opinion usually changes rapidly as they themselves are quickly made into objects of hate and spite, just because they are from a superior culture.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Back to the topic of South Africa---Bishop Desmond Tutu said 4 years ago that then Gov't (which is even worse now) was worse than Apartheid! He was furious over the ANC not allowing the Dalai Lama to obtain a visa.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Tha main question is, how do we remove the corrupt gov? The logical answer would be "don't vote for them", but the ANC is threatening voters, and bribing them to vote for the ANC.

Speaking with Black people, which is 89% of voters, one thing is clear. They don't want to vote ANC, because they are corrupt. But they don't want to vote DA because they don't want to vote white people in again, and they are scared of not voting ANC because the feat they will be killed for not voting for them.

So at the end of the day, the ANC gets the majority of votes, year after year.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Don't really have any chips on my shoulder--but the Elitist emphasis on the desirability of multi-culturalism (except in their own case) is a direct attack on the superior culture--ie, the mixing of a superior culture with a more primitive or less desirable culture-- and is a direct attack on White European Christianity (the superior culture of the world at present)--done intentionally.

Such BS..what makes the white Christian culture superior to others?

Is it the raping of the land, the destruction of other cultures or how about creating a life where everyone has little to no social contact with one another?

As far I have seen..this superior culture has done nothing for mankind. It is a culture full of greed and destruction.

I am glad not all people think this way and that they actually are asking for change to this "better" world.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

Is it the raping of the land,

I cannot speak on the rest of the world, but regarding SA, where did you get you fiction?

Then the white people were dominant in SA, white owned land (mostly referring to farms) was used to provide food for the majority of SA, and still is in certain parts of SA. Today, black owned land is only for black people, and where there was white farms back then, there is privately owned black property, which only produce for that owners.

the destruction of other cultures

What are you talking about? Back then, each culture was free to do as they wanted (if it was not against the law), but now, well the president wants to remove all Christian holidays, and said that there is no place for any Christians in his country.

or how about creating a life where everyone has little to no social contact with one another?

Back then there was a great social environment among white people, and also towards blacks. White people knew the families of their workers, and was even invited to funerals of their workers, of family of their workers. (I know that this was not the majority of cases, but it happened a lot). These days, it is basically every man for himself, among both white and black, most mostly among black people. There is more social activities among whites then there are among blacks living in the same area.

It weird to see, but the vast majority of 1st world countries was founded on Christianity, or Christian rights.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996

I have never been to SA, I do have a few pals from there and I have been to
Ghana back in the day, I am not a rascist , but I do not close my eyes to reality
either, my outsiders point of vieuw is that Africa needs help, black poeple for tribal traditional reasons seem stuck in a rut politically as well as socially,
South africa was populated by whites initially not blacks and it worked for a good while because of the work ethic that the settlers brought with them
from europe, africans never developed anything like it because their life style
did not make the same demands on them, so they do not have the organisational
ability that europeans are born with and forced to learn from toddler age onward.., I believe Africans have to come to the realisation that they cannot
do it without participation of the old colonial powers, pride and prejudice
prevent this and only when Africans can accept that and invite europeans to participate in developing the continent as a whole and also grant europeans the same right of heritage in Africa so they will come to settle, then things will start to change. That's my humble opinion, I am not a white supremascist and I love Africa and its poeple from the heart.

Such BS..what makes the white Christian culture superior to others?

Is it the raping of the land, the destruction of other cultures or how about creating a life where everyone has little to no social contact with one another?

As far I have seen..this superior culture has done nothing for mankind. It is a culture full of greed and destruction.

I am glad not all people think this way and that they actually are asking for change to this "better" world.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Tha main question is, how do we remove the corrupt gov? The logical answer would be "don't vote for them", but the ANC is threatening voters, and bribing them to vote for the ANC.

Speaking with Black people, which is 89% of voters, one thing is clear. They don't want to vote ANC, because they are corrupt. But they don't want to vote DA because they don't want to vote white people in again, and they are scared of not voting ANC because the feat they will be killed for not voting for them.

So at the end of the day, the ANC gets the majority of votes, year after year.

Yes, the crooks are in control, and they are supported by the elitist owners of the world. I do not have an answer to your question. The situation will continue like this--as long as the owners of the diamonds and minerals are still getting their product. I do not think it will get as bad as Zimbabwe, except for the white farmers, who will all be forced to leave or be killed.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

except for the white farmers, who will all be forced to leave or be killed.

I have seen many police photos that has been covered up by the police of white farmers being killed. Its the most gruesome things I have ever seen before. It don't even think you can put an age restriction on it, because it is just truly gruesome!! White Farmers are being killed all the time! The police (or as some says, the "Gang in Blue") is covering it all up. It is so bad that London and Stockholm had to organize a protest against the SA farmer murders being covered up by the SA government!!

NSM Britannia protests the Boer Genocide in London to remember Eugene Terre'Blanche and the Boer Folk that have been murdered under black rule in South Africa.

The areas we hit included Parliament Square, Trafalgar Square Northumberland Avenue and the Embankment.

We arrived in London Victoria got on the London Underground (Metro to our American Cousins) to Westminster then we went to the Nelson Mandela Statue, then we got the tube to Embankment and walked up to Trafalgar Square then to South Africa House where he held a silent picket.

We handed out leaflets and flyers to passers by, and talked to the people, many of whom had a very positive reaction to our efforts.

www.nsm88.org...

The protest march by the Swedish Resistance Movement, under the slogan Stop the Boer Genocide!, took place in Stockholm on Saturday 17th of April, without any major disturbances. Following here is a brief report on the event.

I wish I saved the full article I had on both of them.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
South Africa has one of the highest murder rates in the world, as high as 50/100,000/yr in Capetown---yet the murder rate of white farmers is more than 300/100,000. It's insanity, and the world press intentionally ignores it. The following link has very graphic photos:
www.genocidewatch.org...

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I dont even have to open the link, I know its content.

I truly wonder why they are keeping this out of the world's eye? Is it that people can stay ignorant on "Post-Apartheid is so much better for everyone"?

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Their intent is the destruction or control of every white Christian government (and they're nearly there), and the deaths of as many Christians as possible. Blacks, and to a lesser extent, Moslems, are their useful tools. They don't have to hide it very well, since they also control the media, Hollywood, and the educational systems of the West.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I thought 'they' hate the black people?

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I am a White "Afrikaner" South African male. Just putting it out there, even though it will be used to invalidate my opinion lol.
(ironically just like being in S.A)

Even though I don't agree with HOW the OP has made his points/statements, I do agree WITH his points.
I fully agree that apartheid was an evil ideology and would never wish for it to return.
The leaders of that time might have been wrong in the racial segregation and policies of apartheid, but that does not mean that they were not good at their job .... running a country.

We had armed forces we could be proud of, the best road network in Africa (one of the best in the World), good healthcare and education. an Electricity company who could actually deliver electricity (a rarity these day), the list goes on etc etc. Contrary to what some might think the Bantu education system was not of bad quality (a lot of todays affluent black businessmen/women came through this system).

Whether it was available to all does not make it less impressive or true.
When the new regime took over they inherited all of the above facillities in good working order, AND they knew full well (or should have realised) that there will be a greater need for all of these products as things became more equal between the races and more houses/school/shops etc were going to be built.
Knowing this there should have been a plan put in place to ensure the infrastuctures were developed in time instead of neglecting it and its maintenance to a point where it is collapsing.

When the change happened there was a mass "out with the old, in with the new" way of thinking, which resulted in the loss of expertise, people with built-up knowledge of running a country was shown the door, basically for being white, and people with no skill / experience was ushered into these positions. There was no "training period" for the new regime to learn the ropes. they just took over wholesale.
Imagine giving your car keys to someone who has never driven? What do you think would happen...a massive crash in all likelihood, exactly what is happening in my country now.

Anyway, I am glad apartheid is over, BUT I am tired of always hearing how all the crap is apartheids (essentially the white "afrikaner man's") fault.
Its time our leaders start waking up, stepping up, and take some responsibillity for the crap that they (the current) regime is doing to our beautifull country.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

They are even worse off than us.

Their go-to excuse....Colonialism.
President Mugabe blames Britian for the problems there,but seems to have forgotten that his policies of taking away the farms (by force) resluted in a massive food shortage and eventual collapse of their economy. They are using the US dollar as currency due to theirs basically having zero value.

The irony is that he always spews hate towards the west, but sees no problem with using their currency
Ahhh Africa.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join