It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Africa’s untold truths about Post-Apartheid.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Some may have seen the threads I did in the recent days about the total chaos and some good things, like the solar power plants, in South Africa. Here are those links if you have not seen them. (Because of my time zone, many people miss these threads)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But today I decided to tell the stories that have not made such big stories in local news. I am going to show that SA has gone backward since the end of Apartheid. I am not going on a racial attack here, I am only reporting on the facts of this country.

Before the end of Apartheid, our military was one of the best. The fact is that many countries had their soldiers trained in SA. In fact, Hitler sent his troops to train here, and also recruited many SA soldiers to fight in his war. We had great standards and great soldiers in those days.

But let us look at the state of our military post 1994. His actually happened.
As the newly enrolled soldiers of the SA Army were sent out for some running, one soldier disobeyed a direct order by stopping dead in his tracks. His commander came up to him to demand an explanation as to why he had stopped. The soldier pointed to the ground without saying a word.

The commander looked down and saw a live RPG round in the sand, in the middle of the path thousands of soldiers has already been ordered to run. The entire field was evacuated, and the Bomb-Squad was sent in for a Controlled-Detonation.
This was just one fact of our military training, but ATS does not have enough server space for all the stories just like this. Another fact is that many of the top new soldiers are refused further training because of their skill being white. I know that this is not an absolute, but it happens.

I should state that our army is still top in other aspects, but not as it use to be.

Let us now look at the state of our medical knowledge. SA made international news when Christiaan Barnard, a Cardiac Surgeon, performed the world’s first successful human-to-human heart transplant. Our medical system was near flawless.
Where has it gone after the end of Apartheid?

Many people die in hospitals because of sanitation problems. The beds are not changed after patients. One person went to the hospital with a gunshot wound, and died 3 hours later because no one had attended to his wounds. Many people have been refused entry to hospitals, and were forced to give birth on the side-walk. Even more people die because of starvation and even rat bites. I have seen photos of doctors hosing out the ER with a hosepipe, and just hosing the blood into the street and down the storm-water-drains.
Again, this is just the tip of the iceberg.

But what about education? South Africa’s maths and science education was ranked last out of 148 countries! But his is not the worst part.

A few years back, schools only received their textbooks in July! Thousands of learners does not have desks, or even classrooms. They are forces to sit under a tree. And the teachers does not even have a high-school education. The minister of Education was ‘shocked’ to learn many schools that has more than a thousand student have only one toilet!
This is really just some of the problems we face in South Africa, but I am afraid it I continue typing, I may start thinking about suicide…(just a joke, but his is really depressing)

After all of this, I think it is fair to ask this question. Was ending Apartheid worth all of this?

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
South Africa will get worse and worse. The older Blacks who remember how much better it was with the Whites in control (excepting the 1% -2% now milking all the taxes and feeding off the remains of what had been built) are in the process of dying off. TPTB intended this as part of the plan to eliminate White Christian culture, and it is going predictably to chaos. Their coming new order will exclude many of these useless eaters. There is no answer.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: IndependentOpinion

But, I have to say that we also fought against the Nazis. Had an uncle who fought against the Nazis.

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Tusks

Black South Africans fought for freedom, and the right to vote, but what did they get? Freedom to die without food, work, education, competent police, broken healthcare systems, houses, clean water, but has the right to vote for the next dictator. They actually voted in a HUGE Concentration Camp.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Sounds really bad..

Something went wrong, you say it went wrong after Apartheid but if you think out of the box, what SA did for the population during Apartheid ? Things that could have be done better.
How well did SA eduacated their WHOLE population not only whites back then? Perhaps they did a better work than they are doing now BUT As you sow, so shall you reap. Bantu Education Act made sure that blacks will stay as a working class when over 96% of certificated teachers was teaching only whites, rest of them was teaching asians and blacks ( in this order ). Where did it lead ? Now you have to deal with people in power who have no Know-How or good eduacation and huge corruption. Nice work guys !

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Why hasn't South Africa been more successful since ending Apartheid? That's a tough and interesting topic to consider. From and outsider's perspective, one might argue it's the corruption and general incompetence of the ANC. Neither Mbeki nor Zuma have any business running a garage sale, let alone one of the largest economies in Africa.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: FatherStacks

During Apartheis, the white man was running the show, but after the end of it, the black men wanted nothing to do with whites. The farms was a great income for SA, but now the farms are given to black people that has no knowledge of farming. 30 years down the line and they are still blaiming Apartheid for all of this.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

The black people of those days got the same level of education from the farmers.

We had a black man that babysat us. He was super smart, helped with homework, made food and everything. There was nothing he could not answer.

Black people back then had everything us whites had, eccept the right to vote.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: IndependentOpinion

Before the end of Apartheid, our military was one of the best. The fact is that many countries had their soldiers trained in SA. In fact, Hitler sent his troops to train here, and also recruited many SA soldiers to fight in his war. We had great standards and great soldiers in those days.

Yep, sounds like absolutely fabulous standards.... :/

originally posted by: Tusks
South Africa will get worse and worse. The older Blacks who remember how much better it was with the Whites in control (excepting the 1% -2% now milking all the taxes and feeding off the remains of what had been built) are in the process of dying off. TPTB intended this as part of the plan to eliminate White Christian culture, and it is going predictably to chaos.

Yep, so much better for the Blacks. They had so many opportunities available to them and were essentially equal to the Whites, and especially the Afrikaners. :/

The Afrikaners had a mad conception of scientific racism, combined with the dangerously maladjusted concept of Christianity:

The ideological foundation of apartheid was that the different races in South Africa needed to be separated for their own mutual benefit. The bulk of apartheid thinking was based firmly on the philosophy of "scientific racism". Afrikaners held that it was impossible, impracticable and ungodly for the different races and cultures to live as one. Subsequently a policy of separate development would be pursued by the white government. This insistence on racial apartness became the political and legal doctrine of apartheid

Source

One of the proudest days of my life was my decision to give up a promising rugby career and take part in the protests against the 1981 Springbok tour of New Zealand. I marched again in 1986 against the Cavalier tour to South Africa.

It was a brutal state founded on bloodshed, racial intolerance, discrimination and intolerance. It has a long way to go still, and will take some time, but the old days of White is Right are thankfully being dismantled.

More: History

We had a black man that babysat us. He was super smart, helped with homework, made food and everything. There was nothing he could not answer.

Essentially a slave...

originally posted by: IndependentOpinionBlack people back then had everything us whites had, eccept the right to vote.

Wow. I'll just let that sink in....
edit on 15-2-2015 by aorAki because: extra

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

From the farmers? and the farmers were certificated for teaching ? And farmer eduacated "students" were able to seek higher level of eduacation in such a universities that they could apply for jobs in governmental level or even next better ?
Good for you to have a such a babysitter who could answer in all your questions. How old were you ( not that i really need to know ) ?
So farmer eduacated black population was good for you..
edit on 15-2-2015 by dollukka because: typo

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Dollukka may be correct that what is happening now is a byproduct of Apartheid, yet you are right too in that Apartheid should no longer be used as an excuse. The black leaders had an opportunity to do something special 20 years ago, but they squandered that. There's plenty of blame to go around on all sides, yet there needs to be a point where everyone one comes together, agrees to put it behind them and move on for the betterment of everyone. I hope my own country will get to that point one day also.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
A formerly separated society where the majority who called it home for eons were seen and treated as inferior by genetics, not actions, and denied the standards of living and education afforded the minority, invading masters ... is now a mess?

Who could've possibly foreseen this? The only real surprise is the basic decency shown in that even more bloodshed hasn't taken place.

The obvious answer is better, wider education and tolerance over time... so that unqualified, corrupt folks become the minority in positions of power... and all people are judged by their actions, not misguided suppositions and elitist, egocentric fantasies.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Black people back then had everything us whites had, eccept the right to vote.

You are delusional.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

The farmers paid for the education of their workers.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: aorAki

Essentially a slave...

He was part of the family. There was no slavery here even close to the levels of slavery in America.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

Did you live in that time, here in South Africa?

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

The main problem is that people who do not live in SA, or lived in that time, can not make any statements in my view. The books are written by the winning side, in this instance, the black people. Only the old black people can tell you the truth about how they enjoyed life in apartheid. The younger generations do not have a clue, because they learn only the ugly side of the coin, to ensure anger towards whites.

If you look at what is being said about apartheid in the classrooms, you will know that they are hiding the truth form the young generations. Why? Because if you teach them what they are missing out on, they will start asking the question of why is everything going downhill.

Many people have the view of SA Apartheid the same as they have the view of US Apartheid, where black people was put on auction, placed in cages, killed for sports. The truth is that in the years of Slave-Trade, South-African black people was NOT on the market.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Apartheid demographics
70% of population in SA was Bantu
19% of population was WHITE
rest were Coloured and Asian

96% certified teachers teaching in White schools serving 19% of population in SA

Over 50% of the black population was illiterate, compared to a 99% rate of white literacy. This not only relegated them permanently to doing cheap manual labor but prohibited them from using educational resources and tools to manage their lands better.

American.edu

Well i guess farmers were not really intrested for their schooling after all !

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Sure a police state that keeps the vast majority of the population suppressed will have one of the best military. Funny how you take 'pride' in SA soldiers going to fight WITH Hitler.

Another fact is that many of the top new soldiers are refused further training because of their skill being white. I know that this is not an absolute, but it happens.

You understand that to correct Apartheid that you need to enforce racial balance in society right? If you just stock the military leaders all up with white people you go down the road to Apartheid again.

Many people die in hospitals because of sanitation problems. The beds are not changed after patients. One person went to the hospital with a gunshot wound, and died 3 hours later because no one had attended to his wounds.

What does a clear lack of funding for health care have to do with Apartheid??? Governments all over the world are having trouble finding money as people live longer and require more health care. I don't see your alleged link between dirty hospitals and Black people being treated as equals.

But what about education? South Africa’s maths and science education was ranked last out of 148 countries!

Again, what does a lack of funding in education have to do with Blacks being treated equally???

Are you arguing that the SA government, filled with Blacks now, has run the country into the ground since they were given the vote? This seems to be your argument...however you have provided no sources whatsoever to support your 'stories'.

Let's look at some other reports for some opinions on how SA is doing since Apartheid ended!

www.brookings.edu...

In that link SA is applauded for it progressive welfare system to help poor people.

www.voanews.com...

In this link the government says it has added 3.5 million jobs over the past 20 years and increased the overall economy by over 80%. HIV has been brought under control and education has been expanded to include millions that never got a formal education before...oddly Farmers teaching isn't considered very good like you think.

www.economist.com...

This link describes the corruption going on in the SA government, which isn't a surprise given the incredible poverty Blacks suffered prior to be thrown into power. Needs to be fixed of course.

Ultimately your anecdotal stories blaming everything on the ending of Apartheid insults people. You see the world moved on much earlier than SA from the delusion that one human was better than another because of their color. We know that having a ruling class and a class of servants isn't morally right.

It's disappointing to see some in SA still cling to old notions like Apartheid. Not surprising, just disappointing.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

The main problem is that people who do not live in SA, or lived in that time, can not make any statements in my view.

So nobody else in the world can form an opinion on Apartheid???

Well....isn't that convenient for your argument!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join