It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama adviser John Podesta's biggest regret: Keeping America in dark about UFOs.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
a reply to: Tangerine

Again you say you believe something that can't be proven.

Clearly, you are unable to distinguish between a belief and a claim of fact. Perhaps you could copy and paste the post in which I made a claim that God doesn't exist. Beliefs, stated as such, don't need to be proven.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
But you know what...you have no idea if that's true either. I'm not a big believer but I won't go so far as to say there is not a single chance it's true. reply to: Tangerine

link   
OOPS. Tablet keeps double posting. Sorry...

edit on 2162015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

link   

Again you say you believe something that can't be proven.

Believing is different than asserting.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

And another county reports in...

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Oh so aliens do exist... Wait I'll be fair and ask directly do you think aliens exist and visit earth?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

And God.. does God exist?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Oh so aliens do exist... Wait I'll be fair and ask directly do you think aliens exist and visit earth?

I see no reason to believe that aliens (by which I imagine you mean extraterrestrials) exist, visit earth and abduct people. After almost 70 years of people devoted to researching this topic, not an iota of testable evidence has been produced proving these claims.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jaxsmash
I can tell you if the government came out with it, I would be terrified and would pull my kids from school, they would never leave my side. I would freak out, it would change the way I live my life.

a reply to: PrivilegedPeasant

That's the exact reason they gave for not disclosing information to the public. Would it truly be so terrifying?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

And God.. does God exist?

If by God you mean the Abrahamic deity, I see no reason to believe that he exists. Several thousand years of people claiming that he does exist without an iota of testable evidence to prove it gives me no incentive to believe it. Do you claim that God exists?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

God created aliens which are really Gods that created themselves to be God. Can you prove that isn't true? No? So what do you believe in God? Aliens? Do they exist? God doesn't exist? so can you prove that? No? What? Why?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I'm not making any claims. I'm just trying to understand what that other guy is saying.

a reply to: ZetaRediculian

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Geez fella that was a yes or no question.
. a reply to: Tangerine

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
What I'm saying is this. If someone says God or aliens don't exist that is their belief.
Yet if someone says prove it they will invariably say you can't prove a negative which is basically saying they believe something that cannot be proven. Simple.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

What I'm saying is this. If someone says God or aliens don't exist that is their belief.
Yet if someone says prove it they will invariably say you can't prove a negative which is basically saying they believe something that cannot be proven. Simple.

Before dinosaurs were discovered, there were people that believed that giant lizards never roamed the earth. They couldn't prove it but they certainly could believe that. The only thing that could be proved was that they did exist. If, however, they asserted as fact that it was impossible for dinosaurs to have existed, they would have been wrong since that would be a statement of fact without any way to back it up.

Most people here will not say "it is impossible for aliens to exist" for that very reason. They can only say that there is no evidence that positively proves existence or simply that they don't know. People can believe whatever they want.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

No, if someone says aliens exist or aliens do not exist, that is a claim of fact. Fact is based on testable evidence only and the onus is on the person making the claim of fact to cite the testable evidence making their claim fact.

If someone says they believe aliens exist or believe aliens do not exist, that is a statement of belief. Belief is based on faith in the absence of testable evidence so there is no need to cite testable evidence.

Do you understand the difference?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

Raise whatever you have resembling or functioning as a hand if you are an ATS extraterrestrial alien.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
A must read: The Secret Space Age by Olav Phillips.

I couldn't put it down.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight
A must read: The Secret Space Age by Olav Phillips.

I couldn't put it down.

Perhaps you could summarize it and explain why you couldn't put it down.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Yeah, Podesta wasn't really associated with the LGM side of things. I recall he and company were into weirder stuff... That being said it's rare to hear about Avarians these days.

(paging The GUT)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join