It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama adviser John Podesta's biggest regret: Keeping America in dark about UFOs.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Obviously you're not familiar with Mr. Pedestos' views on the subject. The face value of this tweet should be weighed against other statements and actions of the past.

www.paradigmresearchgroup.org...

The company he keeps says his beliefs are in the visitation camp. This tweet cannot be taken out of context of what he's said in the past or in actions he has taken towards a specific end.
to: Skyhigh00

edit on 2142015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
OOPS...
edit on 2142015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkuzzleButt
Contact with aliens, which is inevitable one day.

To the people who will freak out, i am sorry to say that is evidence of a low IQ

Well you know what they say about opinions...

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

That's only true in the vaguest of senses and only if you isolate this as a singular statement. He's been at this for decades and its apparent he is not seeking disclosure of secret government technology but in the existence of aliens.
Logic alone says he's not looking to the government to reveal tactics and armaments of war. Only the truly stupid would get on a soapbox for such a cause. He wants disclosure of other worldly technology. Let's stop playing coy.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

Antigrav tech - sounds possible to me as well.
No SR-71 official replacement since the early 80's ...
The 3 H. W. Wallace patents ...
Now, keeping a technology secret as part of a defence program may sound legit, you have the consider the sheer size of the embarassement linked with its disclosure when you learn that :

- It's available at least since the 80's.
- It could have helped the entire scientific community to have a better understanding of some 'fringe' phenomenons and thus, avoid unecessary expensive research programs.
- It could have lead to greener energy source before we poluted earth to a point of non-return.
- You wouldn't have needed to kill all these astronauts in fuel-powered rockets.

If only ... maybe later. When another country achieves similar results on the topic.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skyhigh00

originally posted by: Jaxsmash
I can tell you if the government came out with it, I would be terrified and would pull my kids from school, they would never leave my side. I would freak out, it would change the way I live my life.

a reply to: PrivilegedPeasant

I'm sorry but did anybody who's posted above me including the OP read the actual tweet or just this reactionary title?
All this man is saying is that he wished he had pushed the current administration into releasing aka "disclosing" of all the current UFO files held by the U.S. Not just the Air Force Bluebook stuff. That is all.
Just like the British and other governments have in past years.
That's it.
He is not saying aliens exist. He is not saying there is some kind of conspiracy to hide the fact that they exist. He is not saying anything at all other than the fact that he wishes he had used his power to get these files out to the public.
I created this account just to post this after reading the comments above me. Not trying to be rude but it honestly seems like nobody actually read the tweet.
I never said that he said aliens exist. I only posted it because people who want disclosure will see this as relevant news.

Also he says something in the Yahoo article which to me implies he believes we know something more then we are saying...... “It’s time to find out what the truth really is that’s out there,” he said. “We ought to do it, really, because it’s right. We ought to do it, quite frankly, because the American people can handle the truth. And we ought to do it because it’s the law.”

If there is nothing in the documents then why would he say.. "The American people can handle the truth"
The truth that there is evidence that something other than human technology that has entered & exited our planet?
Or the truth that nothing has ever happened to make the government believe other intelligence have visited the planet? either drones, or perhaps piloted vehicles. At least that's what i take from it.
edit on -06:00Sat, 14 Feb 2015 14:36:05 -060036v36SaturdayAmerica/Chicago2America/Chicago14 by PrivilegedPeasant because: grammar issues

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Funny how the MIB youtube video gets posted but not a video of John Podesta...haha

He only mentions UFO's but his comment, "the American people can handle the truth"...you could make a stretch to connect that to ET's, as in the Government won't disclose due to fear, religious backlash, chaos, etc...and John Podesta says the American people are ready, as in ready to know we are not alone and we are regularly visited. I know it's a stretch, but that's about all you can do with his statement.

But again as many skeptics have pointed out, nothing really on the table, same old vague statements.

Is this the only clip or evidence of John Podesta addressing the phenomenon? Anything else on the web?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
To me this is equal to disclosure, because if there wasn't anything interesting to say about UFO's he wouldn't have regrets.
Anyhow I have come to the conclusion that if they disclose in full they would have to explain to the world what schizophrenics have known for a long time and they would also have to explain why these entities piss about with the mentally ill causing their illnesses, why they abduct people, why they experiment on people, why they gang stalk, why they rape and why science is completely wrong about most things.
Would you be brave enough to disclose?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
a reply to: Tangerine

Podesta is under the illusion that he knows something when he's really in the camp of Steven Greer and others who merely believe something. Because he's in government I'm assuming a degree of illusions of grandeur too!

I agree. He may also be part of a black op to convince people that extraterrestrials exist, visit earth and abduct people. As we all know, it doesn't take much to convince a certain contingent of people.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
Obviously you're not familiar with Mr. Pedestos' views on the subject. The face value of this tweet should be weighed against other statements and actions of the past.

www.paradigmresearchgroup.org...

The company he keeps says his beliefs are in the visitation camp. This tweet cannot be taken out of context of what he's said in the past or in actions he has taken towards a specific end.
to: Skyhigh00

It doesn't matter what his personal beliefs are. Nothing in his tweet suggested (not that it would matter) that the government has evidence that confirms his beliefs. When are people going to get sick of having their chains jerked?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Probably the day before everyone else admits the believers were right all along and the unending waves of hyper critical skeptics polluting these threads heads explode.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood

Probably the day before everyone else admits the believers were right all along and the unending waves of hyper critical skeptics polluting these threads heads explode.

Yes, whatever else happens, those who think critically must be exterminated! That will leave only the parishoners of the Church of ET who don't think at all: paradise.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Lol hardly, unfortunately the critical thinking you so value is is diminished by your obvious bias. If you were looking at this from a purely logical perspective then you wouldn't have such an obvious fervor for detracting from any such discussions.

In other words you are not all that different from the zealots you so despise. You just cling to a sense of superiority fostered by CURRENT scientific evidence and not the whole evidence being presented.

Its cool tho, rookie mistake.
edit on 14-2-2015 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood

Lol hardly, unfortunately the critical thinking you so value is is diminished by your obvious bias. If you were looking at this from a purely logical perspective then you wouldn't have such an obvious fervor for detracting from any such discussions.

In other words you are not all that different from the zealots you so despise. You just cling to a sense of superiority fostered by CURRENT scientific evidence and not the whole evidence being presented.

Its cool tho, rookie mistake.

For your information, I have been reading about this topic for decades and even met J. Allen Hynek. I have seen unidentified flying objects. But in almost 70 years of obsessive research, no one has produced an iota of testable evidence proving that extraterrestrials exist, visit earth and abduct people. I am a fortean and open to the possibility of anything. If you think you have testable evidence proving that extraterrestrials exist, visit earth and abduct people, put it on the table for examination.

Present your hypothesis, cite your "whole evidence" and explain how it proves your hypothesis. That is if you're making claims of fact. If you're just complaining about someone else, oh well.
edit on 14-2-2015 by Tangerine because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-2-2015 by Tangerine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightFlight

originally posted by: Jaxsmash

I can tell you if the government came out with it, I would be terrified and would pull my kids from school, they would never leave my side. I would freak out, it would change the way I live my life.

a reply to: PrivilegedPeasant

Gosh, how would you react to talking to aliens on this website?

I would react the same way i always do when talking to them on here.

A better question is how would their posting style change if exposure happened?
edit on 14-2-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Jaxsmash

Damn thats extreme.

I will just deal with it since 5 seconds before it was said I was doing Ok and if I stick to that I should be Ok.

You may not represent most people.
edit on 2 14 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
In October of 1938 after the Orson Wells "War of the Worlds" radio broadcast the New York Daily News headline was, "Fake Radio 'War' Stirs Terror thru US". I think there were stories of people committing suicide rather than face the aliens if memory serves correctly. (that may be urban legend, but the headline was real)

In light of that reaction to a low budget radio production imagine the impact news of this nature would have if broadcast on a global scale. Even in a somewhat more sophisticated society there are still very solid foundations in religion and a dependence on continuity that many people cling to that would be damaged or shaken by news of this nature. Some would openly embrace it, but others may not be able to process the implications of intelligent life on other planets. Especially if that life was technologically superior and malevolent in nature.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
You'll notice he never says it's little space buddies, though. He says you can handle the truth about UFOs.

Personally, I doubt it. I think it would just cause problems, short and long term.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE
The interesting part is where Podesta mentions somewhere that letting the public in on UFO data is the Law.

That's because a big chunk of your tax dollars are going there, and you don't know about it. People like him think it should be a budget line item. Ha! I say.

Thanks, by the way.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Let's say hypothetically they're here...

I think it is too late to do some big public announcement, too many peasants would not take it lightly, many would be more upset for it being kept secret for so long. It should be slowly disclosed, only those who need to know are care to find out first and eventually the masses will catch on, or not.

Perhaps the simple peasants will be too distracted by their iphones to open their eyes see how itself is riding on the subways.

I do want to believe, but still have not seen any proof that we are being visited.

a reply to: Bedlam

I think full disclosure would also end the ponzi scheme of an economy the US is current running. Many will argue this is one reason why ET/UFO disclosure has not happened and why there is great resistance to such disclosure.
edit on 15-2-2015 by jrod because: add reply

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join