It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama adviser John Podesta's biggest regret: Keeping America in dark about UFOs.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jaxsmash
I can tell you if the government came out with it, I would be terrified and would pull my kids from school, they would never leave my side. I would freak out, it would change the way I live my life.

a reply to: PrivilegedPeasant

I'm sorry but did anybody who's posted above me including the OP read the actual tweet or just this reactionary title?
All this man is saying is that he wished he had pushed the current administration into releasing aka "disclosing" of all the current UFO files held by the U.S. Not just the Air Force Bluebook stuff. That is all.
Just like the British and other governments have in past years.
That's it.
He is not saying aliens exist. He is not saying there is some kind of conspiracy to hide the fact that they exist. He is not saying anything at all other than the fact that he wishes he had used his power to get these files out to the public.
I created this account just to post this after reading the comments above me. Not trying to be rude but it honestly seems like nobody actually read the tweet.

edit on 14-2-2015 by Skyhigh00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Skyhigh00

Some of us did, and think we agree.
Welcome to ATS, everyone needs an introducer, and this is a good one.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Punisher75
Who are the religious nuts and why would they go completely Bonkers?

I used to work with some fundamentalist christians. They said any talk of aliens was really demonic and that, because their interpretation of the bible didn't include aliens, then aliens didn't really exist. If there ever was disclosure, they'd see it as a demonic invasion and not organic creatures visiting or invading. It seems clear to me that there ARE aliens in the bible, (the peasants assumed they were angels), but even if there weren't ... so what? Not everything in the universe is mentioned in the bible.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skyhigh00

I can tell you if the government came out with it, I would be terrified and would pull my kids from school, they would never leave my side. I would freak out, it would change the way I live my life.

I'm sorry but did anybody who's posted above me including the OP read the actual tweet or just this reactionary title?
All this man is saying is that he wished he had pushed the current administration into releasing aka "disclosing" of all the current UFO files held by the U.S. Not just the Air Force Bluebook stuff. That is all.
Just like the British and other governments have in past years.
That's it.
He is not saying aliens exist. He is not saying there is some kind of conspiracy to hide the fact that they exist. He is not saying anything at all other than the fact that he wishes he had used his power to get these files out to the public.
I created this account just to post this after reading the comments above me. Not trying to be rude but it honestly seems like nobody actually read the tweet.

I read it and you're absolutely right. However, it will do no good. The parishoners of the Church of ET will take that which they think he said, rather than that which he actually said, as an earth-shaking revelation.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: dougie6665
a reply to: 111DPKING111
I am with you on this. I watched the video several times and read the comments. I can't tell if he really knows something important or whether he is like the rest of us and just wants to know himself. What I take out of this is that the U.S. government for sure has some interesting information they are not telling us. Two, Podestra knows that if he were to tell what he thinks he knows, he would be disgraced as fast as the rest of the whistle blowers and he isn't willing to do it.

That's what you got out of it? LOL. That's what you want to believe. It's not what he said.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Frith
Can this be considered proof of the U.S. government hiding UFO material in a cover-up conspiracy?

When you have a White House official saying this it has to have some type of weight in that regard.

You have a bizarre notion of proof.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
He never mentioned extraterrestrials, he said UFO. The speculation here implies he said both, but he did not.
It is possible he knows something about secret military aircraft, or a very small part of a huge subject that he would like the American public to know about. It is most likely that the big picture could only be told by multiple people, and no one person really has the kind of content that could produce the level of disclosure that we all desire.

A very good point.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Interesting ' jump-to-conclusion ' mistake being done here.
The truth about UFOs = The truth about aliens.

I saw a UFO when I was younger (black triangle part of the belgian UFO wave). There is nothing to convince me of its extraterestrial origin.
You americans, don't pay taxes to fund ET spaceship but you do pay for black projects ...

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Contact with aliens, which is inevitable one day.

To the people who will freak out, i am sorry to say that is evidence of a low IQ

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
The interesting part is where Podesta mentions somewhere that letting the public in on UFO data is the Law.

Does this mean conversely that suppressing and lying about UFO data is breaking the law? At some time in the future will we see those that have knowingly participated in this cover-up go to jail?

The precedent is certainly there in other cover-ups.

Anyone on here have anything to worry about?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Jaxsmash

But if they've existed all along and have not interfered with you or your children, why would you change anything about how you live your life?
Basically you're claiming that ignorance is bliss which I can totally understand .
Least it be thought otherwise, I can accept the possibility of other life out there based on the existence of amino acids throughout the universe but it's a leap to accepting visitations on this planet.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightFlight

Gosh, how would you react to talking to aliens on this website?

The real issue is not talking to aliens on this website but people claiming to be aliens on this website...

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke
Interesting ' jump-to-conclusion ' mistake being done here.
The truth about UFOs = The truth about aliens.

I saw a UFO when I was younger (black triangle part of the belgian UFO wave). There is nothing to convince me of its extraterestrial origin.
You americans, don't pay taxes to fund ET spaceship but you do pay for black projects ...

You were part of the famous Belgian UFO wave, cool. Another huge story suppressed by the media.

I'm curious about where you thought these mysterious triangles were from, who made them, who operated them and why. I think today the government has some basic anti-gravity tech used in the TR-3B flying triangle, but without the incredible performance of the craft from whence it came, but not 30 years ago when that incident occurred.

If you feel up to an explanation please try to avoid the word "secret", as anything "secret" would not be flown for days and days over relatively dense populations in daylight hours.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

Podesta is under the illusion that he knows something when he's really in the camp of Steven Greer and others who merely believe something. Because he's in government I'm assuming a degree of illusions of grandeur too!

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
On the other side of the coin, if the government cannot define them, or cannot defend against them, their acknowledgement of them would be counterproductive. People would loose faith in their supposed leaders.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
PS Podesta has been carrying this torch since the Clinton administration.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Do you not see that this same argument can be made about anyone on the extreme right and their belief in God or even their belief that this is a Christian nation.
You obviously have an agenda in making that statement because he's a democrat and therefore not in your camp.
That's fine but it doesn't support or disprove the gist of this thread.
However your little red flag has been counted. You can sit down now.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
FFS - can people please actually read what he said ???????????

i will quote it for clarity :

Once again not securing the #disclosure of the UFO files.

i realise that illogical delusion runs rampant here - but the above sentence is only 10 words - and in quite plain english

even if you do read it [ correctly ] its fatally flawed anyway as even that sentence makes an unevidenced assumption

but hey this is ATS

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: anticitizen

The Vatican has already taken a stand on this. Their thoughts are that if they exist it further exemplifies the glory of God not that it detracts from it. That the grand creator created all of this universe not just our little planet.
edit on 2142015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
He never mentioned extraterrestrials, he said UFO. The speculation here implies he said both, but he did not.
It is possible he knows something about secret military aircraft, or a very small part of a huge subject that he would like the American public to know about. It is most likely that the big picture could only be told by multiple people, and no one person really has the kind of content that could produce the level of disclosure that we all desire.

But he has in the past and it is certainly implied by what he says and by the company he keeps.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join