It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama adviser John Podesta's biggest regret: Keeping America in dark about UFOs.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

Easy to say but the sheer intensity of your counter arguments says otherwise and your biases are clear. As such Why would I bother presenting any evidence to someone with your investigative attitude to begin with?

I neither have need for your validation nor would i want it.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I am gonna get into trouble for saying this, but Podesta's proclamation that Americans can handle the truth, I tend to disagree with that , maybe the folks here on ATS can and others can, but that might be the bubble "we" live in, many of us can't even handle the truth about ourselves and our planet, then there is the rest of the world, really?? a hugh disclosure like extraterrestrials visiting the earth and perhaps interacting and meddling in our affairs won't cause many religious conservatives of whatever origins to go off the deep end?? this would not be the equivalent of discovering mold under a Mars rock,this is very very different, frankly I am not so sure that we as in the rest of the planet is ready and can handle it without global disruption, I foresee many who would view this as proof that these are demonic beings and the end draws near.
edit on 15-2-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   
This game is so old already "we can't tell them" "we can never tell them" "we should tell them a little but, leave it open to ridicule through disinformation and denial" "we need to break it to them gently overtime so we can do as much to further ourselves first" "we need to tell them before it's too late"

this crap needs to stop, and I mean it you knuckleheads needs as much help as you can get...

Disclosure NOW!

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
This game is so old already "we can't tell them" "we can never tell them" "we should tell them a little but, leave it open to ridicule through disinformation and denial" "we need to break it to them gently overtime so we can do as much to further ourselves first" "we need to tell them before it's too late"

this crap needs to stop, and I mean it you knuckleheads needs as much help as you can get...

Disclosure NOW!

Are you sure you want to tell your 5yrs old that Santa and the Tooth fairy ain't real!!

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

I myself am not yet 18, so have no children...
If you believe the lie that life off world proves God is unreal then you are a fool...
The entire Universe is his creation and he is master of it all he who hung the stars and called them each by name...
no it would only further prove his magnificence and how wonderful he is...

Traditions and the ways parents lie to protect them from the harsh realities of life is a valid argument to some respect but I'll put the shoe on the other foot and ask you if Isis should be kept a secret until they kick in your door and cut off your child's head?

The need to inform others has been known for all too long and the need to do so is growing very urgent...

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

For your information, I have been reading about this topic for decades and even met J. Allen Hynek. I have seen unidentified flying objects.

Where is your testable "whole evidence" supporting this claim? Do you have any, or do you expect people to take your word for it? If so, why do you not take the word of others instead of demanding the kind of proof you fail to provide?

Your bias is rabid and your unswerving efforts to dismiss theories contradicting your own is your downfall. You will never be taken seriously.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

For your information, I have been reading about this topic for decades and even met J. Allen Hynek. I have seen unidentified flying objects.

Where is your testable "whole evidence" supporting this claim? Do you have any, or do you expect people to take your word for it? If so, why do you not take the word of others instead of demanding the kind of proof you fail to provide?

Your bias is rabid and your unswerving efforts to dismiss theories contradicting your own is your downfall. You will never be taken seriously.

Try to focus on the word unidentified. Surely, even you would not claim that people have not seen unidentified "objects" in the sky.

You seem to not realize that theories are based on testable evidence. The word you're looking for is hypotheses. I dispute claims of fact unsupported by testable evidence. All you have to do is state the testable evidence supporting your claims of fact. You are consistently unable to do so. Of course, it's not too late for you to start now. Let's wipe the slate clean and start with you stating your hypothesis (if you have one) or your claim of fact.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood

Easy to say but the sheer intensity of your counter arguments says otherwise and your biases are clear. As such Why would I bother presenting any evidence to someone with your investigative attitude to begin with?

I neither have need for your validation nor would i want it.

You shouldn't present any testable evidence. You should keep it to yourself.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
a reply to: Spider879

I myself am not yet 18, so have no children...
If you believe the lie that life off world proves God is unreal then you are a fool...
The entire Universe is his creation and he is master of it all he who hung the stars and called them each by name...
no it would only further prove his magnificence and how wonderful he is...

Traditions and the ways parents lie to protect them from the harsh realities of life is a valid argument to some respect but I'll put the shoe on the other foot and ask you if Isis should be kept a secret until they kick in your door and cut off your child's head?

The need to inform others has been known for all too long and the need to do so is growing very urgent...

The entire Universe is God's creation? Really? That's a claim of fact. Cite the testable evidence proving that it's fact. Bet you can't.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

In this forum, in this particular thread, the term UFO would not be taken out of context if assumed to be a reference to some form of spacecraft. That is the subject of the Obama aide's stated regret. But your bias has to interfere and try to obscure what is obvious to everyone else. The aide's statement was referring to keeping the American people in the dark regarding the existence of aliens and UFO's. Are you saying he meant "unidentified" flying objects in the literal sense that had nothing to do with aliens or spacecraft? That is a yes or no question BTW.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I don't think the aliens have created HYBRIDS as of yet
but the GOVERNMENT sure has.
Their called MORONS.
If you look really close they are easy to spot.
That is UNLESS YOUR ONE OF THEM.

LMAO

On topic I don't think the government is totally unaware of alien presence
but they know very little so far.

a reply to: infinityorder

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: Frith

Can this be considered proof of the U.S. government hiding UFO material in a cover-up conspiracy?

Good question. It's more likely to be proof that Podesta believes the U.S. government is 'hiding UFO material in a cover-up conspiracy.'

If he has anything substantive, that isn't already public domain, he isn't saying anything about it. This puts a question mark over his 'disclosure' requests or implies he doesn't know anything more than the rest of us.

It can also go to show that high ranking officials not in the loop are suspicious that we know more than we are telling about UFOs too.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Well, considering the source...

Per wiki...

Podesta became an Honorary Patron of the University Philosophical Society in March 2006. Podesta remains on the Board of Trustees of Knox College.[18] Currently, Podesta is the U.S. representative to the UN High-Level Panel on the Post-2015 Development Agenda.[19]

In 2013, Podesta was paid $87,000 as a "consultant" by Hansjörg Wyss, a Wyoming-based Swiss citizen, reportedly the second-wealthiest man in Switzerland, who lobbies to prevent energy exploration on American land. Podesta has been described as "the driving force inside the White House to block 12 million acres of land in Alaska's Artic National Wildlife Refuge from oil drilling ... [he] emerged as one of the architects of the new White House policy that seeks to end any future drilling for oil on Alaska's coastal plain." Wyss has donated at least $4 million to Podesta's Center for American Progress and holds a seat on its Board. Podesta worked at Wyss's HJW Foundation in 2013 and joined the White House in January 2014. Federal conflict of interest rules overseen by the Office of Government Ethics also instruct political appointees to “not work on any matter” if the work of their previous employer “would raise a question regarding the employee's impartiality”. The law applies to White House officials and it is not known if Podesta ever sought or received a waiver. A 2013 article in The Nation named the group as being “among the most secretive of all think tanks concerning its donors.” 2013 tax documents from the HJW Foundation and the Wyss Foundation show that Wyss contributed $1.5 million to CAP in that year alone.

It doesn't necessarily negate, but we should consider and research further before jumping on any bandwagon.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

It can also go to show that high ranking officials not in the loop are suspicious that we know more than we are telling about UFOs too.

Absolutely. People are people and will always be suspicious of something.

If we compare now to the early years of UFO sightings reports, we might name Lieutenant Colonel Quintanilla (1), Major General Charles P. Cabell (2) , Sir Winston Churchill (3) and Vice-Admiral Hillenkoetter (4).

1 - Headed Blue Book and scoffed at reports being anything more than misperception and hoaxery
2 - Believed sightings were from elsewhere and that a cover-up was in play
3 - Didn't have a clue and asked the US directly link
4 - Thought they were from elsewhere

Different perspectives of powerful men and none of them appeared to know one way or another.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
• He's sure there are secret files SOMEWHERE and he's miffed nobody has shown them to HIM.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg
• He's sure there are secret files SOMEWHERE and he's miffed nobody has shown them to HIM.

Is this all it is? Have you talked to him about it and, if not, could you give him a call and see if there's any more to it.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightFlight

originally posted by: Jaxsmash
I can tell you if the government came out with it, I would be terrified and would pull my kids from school, they would never leave my side. I would freak out, it would change the way I live my life.

a reply to: PrivilegedPeasant

Gosh, how would you react to talking to aliens on this website?

Are you dropping a hint about your background...........You never know. Personally I say bring on the truth I would love to see the born again crowd fall apart at the seams.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

He is a smart honest man and truth be told I like Clinton even more for bringing him into the campaign. It says something about her that she would give this man a very high ranking job.

I am very conservative.........You have my vote Clinton.
edit on 16-2-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

originally posted by: Thorneblood

Probably the day before everyone else admits the believers were right all along and the unending waves of hyper critical skeptics polluting these threads heads explode.

Yes, whatever else happens, those who think critically must be exterminated! That will leave only the parishoners of the Church of ET who don't think at all: paradise.

Why such an insulting statement?. I'm certain that there are plenty of intelligent people that are at least open to the possibility of ET visitation. There certainly is no positive proof that they don't exist ant more than there is that they do.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
While he's compiling that we're leaving some room on the table for your counter claim. Surely you have proof that they don't exist.? reply to: Tangerine

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join