It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama adviser John Podesta's biggest regret: Keeping America in dark about UFOs.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I think the truth is comming out little by little on UFOs and aliens, and I think America isnt in the dark about UFOs they are a well known topic of conversation.

Anyone who wants information on UFOs just needs to google them and tons of information comes up.

Its up to the reader to decide what they want to believe and what they wish to not believe.

As for some they wont believe no matter what, reguardless of the scenario.

I think eventually we will all have some kind mass UFO encounters due to need rather than want.

Eventually we will leave earth and interact with other intelligent life as well, its just a matter of time.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Anyone who wants information on UFOs just needs to google them and tons of information comes up.

Or just watch the History Channel or any channel. Its a good thing the government is to dumb to figure out how keep all this highly classified information from getting out.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: lambs to lions

originally posted by: Tangerine
a reply to: [post=19020884]debonkers[/post

You have completely distorted what I said. But let's pretend you're right. Where is the testable evidence proving that extraterrestrials exist, have visited earth and abducted people. Cite it.

There is plenty if evidence. There have been thousands upon thousands of people who have come forward as witnesses to UFO activity. Probably many more kept their sighting to themselves. Let's throw out several thousand as mistaken identity. Throw out a thousand liars....etc. There are still many, many credible witnesses left! What's more scientifically likely? That 100% of people are lying, hallucinating, or have poor vision??? Or, that out of thousands of cases, there are handfuls that defy explanation? All it takes is one. Mathematically, the odds are in favor of...not against.

Claims are not evidence. Personal experiences are not evidence. Evidence must be testable. Where is the testable evidence?

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   

You have completely distorted what I said. But let's pretend you're right. Where is the testable evidence proving that extraterrestrials exist, have visited earth and abducted people. Cite it.

There is plenty if evidence. There have been thousands upon thousands of people who have come forward as witnesses to UFO activity. Probably many more kept their sighting to themselves. Let's throw out several thousand as mistaken identity. Throw out a thousand liars....etc. There are still many, many credible witnesses left! What's more scientifically likely? That 100% of people are lying, hallucinating, or have poor vision??? Or, that out of thousands of cases, there are handfuls that defy explanation? All it takes is one. Mathematically, the odds are in favor of...not against.

Claims are not evidence. Personal experiences are not evidence. Evidence must be testable. Where is the testable evidence?

Okay, you clearly have given this much thought, and I want to learn more about what you mean when you insist upon "testable evidence". It is clearly very important to you, you have requested "testable evidence" many, many times, in scores of posts, perhaps as many as one-hundred times, so let's have the discussion.

What exactly is the "testable evidence" you have requested so many times? Cite it. Please be very specific, and provide us with a list of examples of what you will accept as "testable evidence".

After you cite it, please indicate exactly what tests you would like it to be subjected to, using what instruments or equipment, and how these tests will establish the specific evidence you cite to be extraterrestrial in origin?

I'm especially interested in knowing what "testable evidence" you have in mind that will establish alien abductions, as you request.

And lastly, please tell us where and with what specific people or organizations you will arrange for the testing to be done? Will you need to provide funding, or will these people perform these tests without cost? And how do you know for certain that their findings will be legitimate and conclusive?

Take your time with this, please, I'm eager to learn. Thank you in advance for letting us know exactly what you mean when you say "testable evidence".

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian

Or just watch the History Channel or any channel. Its a good thing the government is to dumb to figure out how keep all this highly classified information from getting out.

Ironically, don't you mean "too dumb"?

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: debonkers

Okay, you clearly have given this much thought, and I want to learn more about what you mean when you insist upon "testable evidence". It is clearly very important to you, you have requested "testable evidence" many, many times, in scores of posts, perhaps as many as one-hundred times, so let's have the discussion.

What exactly is the "testable evidence" you have requested so many times? Cite it. Please be very specific, and provide us with a list of examples of what you will accept as "testable evidence".

After you cite it, please indicate exactly what tests you would like it to be subjected to, using what instruments or equipment, and how these tests will establish the specific evidence you cite to be extraterrestrial in origin?

I'm especially interested in knowing what "testable evidence" you have in mind that will establish alien abductions, as you request.

And lastly, please tell us where and with what specific people or organizations you will arrange for the testing to be done? Will you need to provide funding, or will these people perform these tests without cost? And how do you know for certain that their findings will be legitimate and conclusive?

Take your time with this, please, I'm eager to learn. Thank you in advance for letting us know exactly what you mean when you say "testable evidence".

Obviously, testable evidence is evidence that can be tested using the scientific method. If one establishes the hypothesis that extraterrestrials exist, visit earth and abduct people, the obvious answer would be that an extraterrestrial would have to be produced. A good basis for comparison would be proving the existence of Bigfoot. Lacking an entire extraterrestrial (or Bigfoot), one could provide a DNA sample. Strictly speaking, in the case of extraterrestrial DNA, the tests would eliminate matches to all known terrestrial DNA. In the case of a body, or part of a body, other tests would determine the existence of physiology that matches no terrestrial species. The fact that the extraterrestrial was here on earth to be tested would serve as proof that extraterrestrials (at least one) have visited earth.

A spacecraft would provide opportunity for additional scientific testing as would any accompanying instruments, articles, and paraphernalia. Testing would eliminate matches to terrestrial craft (which, admittedly would not rule out unknown terrestrial craft). Evidence that the craft was made of non-terrestrial materials and contained technology far beyond terrestrial capabilities would strongly suggest that it was extraterrestrial. An actual human or DNA or fingerprints of a human found on the craft would be evidence suggestive of abduction. A human not on the craft but possessing trace evidence of having been on the craft or in contact with the instruments on the craft or the DNA of the extraterrestrial would be strongly suggestive that the human had had contact with an extraterrestrial.

In all cases, the evidence would have to be made available for testing by additional independent, qualified scientists using strict scientific protocols and the results would have to confirm the original findings. Qualified scientists in appropriate fields would have to be given access to the raw data, methodologies, and results for scrutiny.

If you think there will be a shortage of qualified scientists and top-ranking institutions eager to examine the body of an extraterrestrial or extraterrestrial spacecraft, I don't know how I can convince you.

None of this is impossible. I would never claim as fact that extraterrestrials do not exist, visit earth and abduct people. But after close to 70 years of thousands of reports and obsessive research by numerous people, not an iota of testable evidence has turned up: not a body, not a hair (if they have hair), not a skin cell, not a fragment of clothing, not a craft, not a piece of a craft, nothing that has passed the test of science.

Every claim that has been made (bodies and pieces of craft at Roswell, spacecraft stored on military bases, alien "food", gunk that dropped off spacecrafts, indentations on the ground from landings, ET-created crop circles, and implants) has failed to pass scientific scrutiny. The bodies and craft never materialize for independent scientific examination. The pieces of craft that get tested turn out to be common materials like aluminum. Alien "food" turns out to be buckwheat pancakes. Gunk dropped off spacecrafts turns out to be common materials. Indentations on the ground from landings yield no evidence of non-terrestrial materials (although some certainly remain a mystery). Crop circles yield no evidence of non-terrestrial materials (although some certainly remain a mystery). Implants are never subjected to real scientific scrutiny.

The claims about crashed "saucers" always seem to involve the government showing up immediately and spiriting away the craft and alien bodies. Yet many, maybe most, reported sightings of UFOs are by people at home or out driving, often in remote locations. Why doesn't a craft ever crash in someone's backyard or where someone who is out driving or hiking finds it and gathers evidence? There are people who spend thousands of dollars a years joining UFO organizations and attending UFO conferences and buying books and videotapes and traveling to remote locations to look for UFOs. Do you really think someone who has a good cell phone photo of a crashed saucer and a ET corpse in his freezer can't get enough donations together to get testing done? Do you think he couldn't get a reporter from the local paper to show up at his house (if only for a human interest story about a nut who thinks he has an alien in his freezer)?

UFOs, that is unidentified flying objects, are certainly seen. About that there can be no argument. The nature of a small but still significant percentage can not be explained. But unidentified means not identified. It does not mean extraterrestrial. Sure, that's a possibility but there are other possibilities, too. After having spent seven decades pursuing the extraterrestrial hypothesis and coming up empty-handed, it's time to cast the net wider and explore other options.
edit on 19-2-2015 by Tangerine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: debonkers

Ironically, don't you mean "too dumb"?

I have to ask. Are you Scfda? Your posts seem to be identical in just about every way. He stopped posting after a series of his posts got removed then you appeared. Sorry to bother you if you aren't. anyway, good one!

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Your obsession with science and testable evidence says that you have a very strong and misplaced faith in science, and a very shallow understanding of the UFO phenomenon. It's disgusting.

The UFO phenomenon is much, much older than the space-age and much more mystical than science can handle. You would know that if your thinking weren't so one-sided, imbalanced, biased. Science can only get you half-way. You also need the Humanities. You need religious studies, comparative mythology, comparative mysticism. You need to understand how the UFO phenomenon manifested in antiquity, how it fit into world religion and myth. Including space-age myth.

Understanding the UFO phenomenon requires a multi-disciplinary approach, not your one-sided approach. The goal is understanding, not the validation of a post-Enlightenment, Johnny-come-lately, imbalanced paradigm.

I've seen no indication that you understand such things. On the contrary, I've seen indications that you have the same level of religious/mystical/parapsychological ignorance as the man-on-the-street. Needless to say, that level of understanding is pathetic.

You are a scientism zealot using science as a crutch, as a defense. Why? Are you ashamed of your youthful gullibility? Are you compensating for something?

👣

edit on 690ThursdayuAmerica/ChicagoFebuThursdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

I am pretty sure that we are talking about UFOs as a purely physical event in which case physical evidence would be required. That doesn't sound like what you are describing. However, there are plenty of people around that believe that UFO phenomena is 100% physical and disregard any other "non physical" views.

In separate postings (if I recall) you and Tangerine have mentioned the same book "The Trickster and the Paranormal" as being an important read regarding this topic. I am thinking that your harsh criticism is grossly misplaced.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

I am pretty sure that we are talking about UFOs as a purely physical event in which case physical evidence would be required. That doesn't sound like what you are describing. However, there are plenty of people around that believe that UFO phenomena is 100% physical and disregard any other "non physical" views.

Who is "we"? Why do one-sided thinkers get to decide what "we" are talking about? The people you describe are holding Ufology back.

In separate postings (if I recall) you and Tangerine have mentioned the same book "The Trickster and the Paranormal" as being an important read regarding this topic. I am thinking that your harsh criticism is grossly misplaced.

I'll need to see proof of that.

👣

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

a reply to: ZetaRediculian

I was unaware of Project Core. Thank you for alerting me. I just finished looking at the data and reading the commentaries which are most interesting, especially the commentary of Jeff Ritzmann who discusses liminality and the work of Jacques Vallee and George P. Hansen. My all-time favorite book is Hansen's The Trickster and the Paranormal. I learned a great deal from the book. I wonder if we might start a discussion about liminality.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Thanks. My position is this. Anyone who can come away from that book sounding like a typical science and 'hard evidence' apologist, which Tangerine certainly does, either didn't really read it, or let it all go in one ear and out the other.

It's a great book, but no single book can balance the thinking of someone who is indoctrinated by the dominant paradigm.

👣

edit on 744Thursday000000America/ChicagoFeb000000ThursdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule

Thanks. My position is this. Anyone who can come away from that book sounding like a typical science and 'hard evidence' apologist, which Tangerine certainly does, either didn't really read it, or let it all go in one ear and out the other.

It's a great book, but no single book can balance the thinking of someone who is indoctrinated by the dominant paradigm.

👣

That's an unfortunate response.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

You're welcome to your opinion. But anyone who preaches about testable evidence doesn't understand the UFO phenomenon. I don't care what he's read.

👣

edit on 750ThursdayuAmerica/ChicagoFebuThursdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Well known topic of conversation??? I read about them and I'm interested in many fringe topics but I can honestly tell you that at no social gathering or party or at work or with my friends or around the thanksgiving table has this ever been a topic of conversation. Never.
Well except the nutty Gulf war vet across the street. But.....

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Funny how testimony holds up in court . Granted mistakes have occurred in eyewitness testimony but it hadn't stopped people from being convicted by it. a reply to: Tangerine

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: debonkers

Oh forget it. There's evidence at crash sights, there's evidence in radar records, there's evidence on film but as to a repeatable scientific experiment it doesn't fit the bill so apparently the baby gets tossed with the bath water once again. I don't want to say anything against Tangerine so I'll leave it at "he's one tough cookie to please" ...

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
a reply to: debonkers

Oh forget it. There's evidence at crash sights, there's evidence in radar records, there's evidence on film but as to a repeatable scientific experiment it doesn't fit the bill so apparently the baby gets tossed with the bath water once again. I don't want to say anything against Tangerine so I'll leave it at "he's one tough cookie to please" ...

I know, right? As if the scope of a science lab is unlimited. Funny how some people move the goalposts outside the field of play. Makes you wonder what they are scared of.

👣

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Frith
Can this be considered proof of the U.S. government hiding UFO material in a cover-up conspiracy?

When you have a White House official saying this it has to have some type of weight in that regard.

There have been a few comments from government officials recently that have some monumental implications.

Anytime a person in a position to know the truth says "the public is being kept in the dark" or "I wish I could expose the truth", it means that there definitely is something very big being hidden and they are basically spilling the beans without saying enough to incur the wrath of whichever group deals with whistle blowers.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

You assume that an off world entity would have DNA that is completely different from anything on earth but everything in the universe is made up of the same stuff. Amino acids make up a life form. Don't you know that the DNA of a mouse and man is over 90% identical? OK we're both from the same planet but water on Europa is the same as water on earth. Amino acids found on meteors is the same building block that formed life on earth. Of course I don't have an alien to prove this but logic says that there would be little DNA difference. A bit of cosmology may help you to see .

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join