It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama adviser John Podesta's biggest regret: Keeping America in dark about UFOs.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Well that only means that people go around saying things they don't quite believe in order to sound authoritative and are in fact insincere. If I say something you can damn well be sure I believe it. That is a fact.
What is yours? A statement of fact or a belief?
And why do you think that beliefs are entirely unsupportable by evidence? And last aren't you just shuffling semantics around to suit your needs in this argument?
a reply to: Tangerine

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

And why do you think that beliefs are entirely unsupportable by evidence?

I don't think he said that. If I say "I believe in aliens" and some asks me why, I only need to say "just because I do". I could also say "I believe in aliens because I saw them and they left footprints." But if someone says "these are alien footprints." That is an assertion. Whether they believe that or not is another issue. Does that make sense?

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Why would these people of olde ever have a thought about giant lizards before any bones were discovered ? Why would there have been any people saying I don't believe giant lizards ever roamed the earth when nobody was saying they did ? That's like me saying I don't believe there are twenty foot tall purple sun flowers. Who says there are?
Oh and for the record people were finding dinosaur bones for centuries before they ever showed up in the British Museum. It's likely what led to a belief in dragons.

reply to: ZetaRediculian

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

Are you going to continue speaking for tangerine? Let the gentleman handle his own end of the conversation. I didn't see where he asked you to speak for him or explain what he means. It seems he does an excellent job of it himself.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

We can talk to aliens on this website really

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
Why would these people of olde ever have a thought about giant lizards before any bones were discovered ? Why would there have been any people saying I don't believe giant lizards ever roamed the earth when nobody was saying they did ? That's like me saying I don't believe there are twenty foot tall purple sun flowers. Who says there are?

You answered your own question.

Oh and for the record people were finding dinosaur bones for centuries before they ever showed up in the British Museum. It's likely what led to a belief in dragons.

But it was really a hypothetical.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Are you going to continue speaking for tangerine?

Im not speaking for him. He can disagree with me. I have no clue. I just pointed out that what he said and what you represented he said didn't match. This is a public forum so I will feel free to comment on whatever I want. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: PrivilegedPeasant
John Podesta reflected on his latest White House stint Friday, listing his favorite moments and biggest regrets from the past year. Chief among them: depriving the American people of the truth about UFOs.

I see most everyone takes the Podesta statement as meaning he regrets not Revealing the factual reality of UFOs... or 'Disclosure'...

I still hold that Podesta might have regrets about keeping the public mis-informed with the false notion of Alien lifeforms interaction with modern governments...

see, only John knows the real meaning of his statement.... maybe he will write a memoir to sell the fickle public

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio

John Podesta reflected on his latest White House stint Friday, listing his favorite moments and biggest regrets from the past year. Chief among them: depriving the American people of the truth about UFOs.

I see most everyone takes the Podesta statement as meaning he regrets not Revealing the factual reality of UFOs... or 'Disclosure'...

I still hold that Podesta might have regrets about keeping the public mis-informed with the false notion of Alien lifeforms interaction with modern governments...

see, only John knows the real meaning of his statement.... maybe he will write a memoir to sell the fickle public

I'm one of the people who believes that the government (or some faction of the government) wants the public to believe that extraterrestrials visit earth and abduct people. Podesta's post falls in line with that: he insinuates without stating definitively. Nothing is released conveniently encouraging the public to believe extraterrestrials exist and abduct people. This is typical of black ops disinformation techniques.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Maybe he has me totally fooled, but I think you are giving Podesta way too much credit. He would be the dull instrument in the shed...

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: 111DPKING111

Maybe he has me totally fooled, but I think you are giving Podesta way too much credit. He would be the dull instrument in the shed...

He probably is one of the lesser tools. LOL

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Lol the basket is empty. I'm out of bread. The empty basket proves it. a reply to: Tangerine

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

What I'm saying is this. If someone says God or aliens don't exist that is their belief.
Yet if someone says prove it they will invariably say you can't prove a negative which is basically saying they believe something that cannot be proven. Simple.

No, if someone says aliens exist or aliens do not exist, that is a claim of fact. Fact is based on testable evidence only and the onus is on the person making the claim of fact to cite the testable evidence making their claim fact.

You've tried to push this load of rubbish quite often, tangerine, but it is not the least bit true. Let's make this clear.

A fact is something that is true. Simple as that.

No one has to prove it to you for it to be a fact. No "testable evidence" must be cited, as you continually bleat.

All your whining demands that you must have proof before it is a fact is petulant nonsense.

Merriam-Webster definition of Fact:

1. The quality of being actual.

2. Something that actually exists.

I don't see any mention of satisfying the subjective evidentiary demands of anonymous internet trolls as a prerequisite.

There is no "onus", and no burden of proof. You know this, or you should know this, because I educated you on this very point last month.

A fact doesn't require universal consensus, or any consensus, for that matter. It simply must be true.

And if a poster says that alien contact is happening and has been happening, that is a fact because it is true.

Your satisfaction is completely irrelevant to alien contact being a matter of fact. Your opinion has no bearing whatsoever. Alien contact is a fact because it is true, some people know that, and some people don't.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Wow, do you also hold that Paul Revere meant that the British were coming to surrender?

That limb you're on doesn't look like it can hold much weight.....better climb on down now.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I'm one of the people who believes that the government (or some faction of the government) wants the public to believe that extraterrestrials visit earth and abduct people. Podesta's post falls in line with that: he insinuates without stating definitively. Nothing is released conveniently encouraging the public to believe extraterrestrials exist and abduct people. This is typical of black ops disinformation techniques.

Actually, the ridiculous theory you just posted is typical of black ops disinformation techniques.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Come to think of it, President Obama is much less engaged and passionate about things (except his family) now, than he was before his first term ended. Knowledge that we're just one of many species in the Galaxy would tend to dampen one's sense of self-importance and make you enjoy each day more...taking everything in stride. I remember during that initial 2011 debate with Mitt Romney, Obama acted like he just didn't give a fork anymore. He probably can't wait for this term to end.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Well that only means that people go around saying things they don't quite believe in order to sound authoritative and are in fact insincere. If I say something you can damn well be sure I believe it. That is a fact.
What is yours? A statement of fact or a belief?
And why do you think that beliefs are entirely unsupportable by evidence? And last aren't you just shuffling semantics around to suit your needs in this argument?

I don't know what more I can do other than repeat it again in hopes that, this time, you'll think carefully about it as you read it. Beliefs are never facts. Beliefs are based on faith in the absence of fact. As soon as testable evidence proves something, it ceases to be a belief and becomes a fact.

It may help you to take a basic course in science where you'll be taught the scientific method. Fact is the purview of science and, using the scientific method, science determines whether something can be called fact. In other words, the standards of science have to be met in order to call something fact.

Briefly, this is how the scientific method works: you form a hypothesis (a claim to be tested). You test your hypothesis in hopes of finding testable evidence to prove it. If you find testable evidence, someone else conducts the same test independently, using the same methodology, to confirm your finding. If your finding of testable evidence is confirmed, your hypothesis becomes fact. If not, your hypothesis failed and does not become fact.

Belief is another matter. You can call anything other than a fact a belief. No testing is required. No testable evidence is required because belief is simply based on faith. I hope this explanation helps.

Is this really so difficult to understand? If so, what part don't you understand?

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: debonkers

Actually, the ridiculous theory you just posted is typical of black ops disinformation techniques.

OK. Where's the testable evidence proving that extraterrestrials exist, visit earth and abduct people? That would certainly disprove my hypothesis (not theory).

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: debonkers

What I'm saying is this. If someone says God or aliens don't exist that is their belief.
Yet if someone says prove it they will invariably say you can't prove a negative which is basically saying they believe something that cannot be proven. Simple.

No, if someone says aliens exist or aliens do not exist, that is a claim of fact. Fact is based on testable evidence only and the onus is on the person making the claim of fact to cite the testable evidence making their claim fact.

You've tried to push this load of rubbish quite often, tangerine, but it is not the least bit true. Let's make this clear.

A fact is something that is true. Simple as that.

No one has to prove it to you for it to be a fact. No "testable evidence" must be cited, as you continually bleat.

All your whining demands that you must have proof before it is a fact is petulant nonsense.

Merriam-Webster definition of Fact:

1. The quality of being actual.

2. Something that actually exists.

I don't see any mention of satisfying the subjective evidentiary demands of anonymous internet trolls as a prerequisite.

There is no "onus", and no burden of proof. You know this, or you should know this, because I educated you on this very point last month.

A fact doesn't require universal consensus, or any consensus, for that matter. It simply must be true.

And if a poster says that alien contact is happening and has been happening, that is a fact because it is true.

Your satisfaction is completely irrelevant to alien contact being a matter of fact. Your opinion has no bearing whatsoever. Alien contact is a fact because it is true, some people know that, and some people don't.

I refer you to a basic course in science. True (ie. truth) is the purview of philosophy not science. Truth is a belief. There are many truths. It is true that Jim thinks the sunset is beautiful. It is true that Sally thinks the sunset is not beautiful. Both are truths.
edit on 18-2-2015 by Tangerine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Are you going to continue speaking for tangerine? Let the gentleman handle his own end of the conversation. I didn't see where he asked you to speak for him or explain what he means. It seems he does an excellent job of it himself.

Zeta is attempting to explain something to you that you clearly do not understand. It might help if you didn't resist trying to understand.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join