It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone believe Bob Lazar is legit?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Well Ole Bob didn't show the press nothing. He showed Jim Lear and that is another 'layer of the onion' you won't want to go into haha.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: 111DPKING111
a reply to: ilian51378

Not sure this link will work, think the website is banned here, but if you google area 51 first discovered you will find the link.

www....(nolink)/area-51/9811

Not widely known, but Lazar was hardly the first to mention the base.

Im not sure the S4 facility has ever been proven to exist however, maybe Im wrong? At least one other guy has tried to piggy back off the the S4 story, but Lazar says he is a fraud.

Im not sure element 115 proves much, we arent able to make stable version of it, we just have to take Lazars word there is a stable isotope of it.

I would like to believe Lazar, but he just doesnt appear to have the proven pedigree to be working on the most advanced tech in the world, assuming it was there..

If it wasnt for Knapp, the story would have no credibility whatsoever

Lots of scientists have theorized about super heavy elements before Lazar came along. They theorized about "Islands of stability" existing in super heavy elements that we hadn't even discovered yet. They spoke about other solar systems where these elements could occur naturally because of a larger star being able to synthesize heavier elements than our own, in uranium.
The only way to synthesize a stable version of say 115 would be to add neutrons the the atoms of 115 and go up the chain of isotopes until it didn't decay. Not something science can even hope for now. Maybe in a thousand years. A better way would be to travel to a solar system with a gigantic star and find some on one of the planets.
This is what I remember reading about a long time ago, back in the early 1990's. If all that is impossible, then so be it. I'm just recanting what I read about back then. I don't believe Lazar is lying about anything in his story, simply because what he said about 115 turned out to be true years later, even though our own Earthly science can't make a stable version of it, or any other unstable element.
Element 118 (ununoctium) is strange, it is expected to be a gas at room temp. A noble gas and non-metal. Where 115 is a solid and a metal. 116 is also a solid metal, or expected to be.

Time will tell if there ever is a way found to manipulate matter and create a hand full of stable 115 and learn what it's properties and characteristics are.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   
His latest interview is pretty intriguing, it's also noteworthy that he never went for the fame, rejected interviews etc.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
In his latest interview he embellishes the story. There are things as an 'observer' of the tech he says he saw in a tour, that he would not know.

Just seeing the tech, and, indeed, being able to determine what the atomic number of the element was (which would take analysis not available on Earth at the time), would not have been known by him. I doubt 'aliens' are going to say 'oh, it's Element 115'. Perhaps 'aliens' would have or would know of a periodic table, but his story requires they tell him a lot of in depth but very narrow intel.

He would not know, even by looking, what the engines did, how they operated, what the theory was. It's pretty clear he's absorbing what John Lear told him and then augmented it with what he knew by studying physics books and crafted this story, which he somehow managed to internalize as though it actually 'happened'.

The biggest 'tell' is that he was able to say what the Element atomic number was. People seem to gloss right over that. Though he claims not to want publicity, why is he getting interviewed and why is he slightly embellishing his story after all this time?

His story is fiction.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: zatara
As I said before... if Bob is not able to produce these items because he says they are stolen from his home isn't adding to his credibillity.

So being burgled makes people a fraud?

I have had some certificates stolen (and I have no idea what anybody could possibly want to do with them) and the school says they can't give me new ones because they only keep records for 10 years.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
It's not as simple as some of you guys make it out to be. It's not is Bob telling the truth or not. It's all the stuff behind the scenes that gets uncovered as you start looking. Stuff such as proof that he was in the directory at Los Alamos, even though the Federal Government denies it. George Knapp seeing lights in the sky the exact same time that Bob said they would be testing stuff. His inside knowledge of the Cafeteria at Area 51 and others. Stuff that just doesn't add up, unless...there is some truth to what he's saying otherwise...why could he know this stuff and why the government coverup. The Government doesn't cover stuff up unless there is something to cover up...some secret they want kept secret.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Saylesie17
A funny thing this is, becouse all these guys making outlandish claims always turn out to be frauds.

Totally agree. So many people making outlandish claims that Bob is a fraud, and most of them themselves turns out to be frauds, making fraudulent claims.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

originally posted by: FeistyFemme
I believe him. To me the biggest reveal was element 115 which wasn't known/"discovered" til some 20 years after he said it! Come on now...

He also claimed that there was 500 pounds of 115. Because he made these claims many years before the element was able to be created, he had no idea that it was an extraordinarily unstable element with a tiny halflife. They were able to produce 4 ATOMS of it, nowhere near stable enough for 5 grams let alone 500 pounds of it.

Most unstable elements have islands of stability, however small.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: rowanflame
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

I read his story several times and watched his videos, the operation of the craft is through element 115. He said aliens gave them a lump of it and precise details of what shape it had to be machined into (a triangular shape to go in the top of the reactor). This stuff is unstable so none of that story could be true. He said he held it in his hands, lucky man really to hold a lump of such a highly radioactive substance and not die from cancer!

So is it really element 115 as he was told, or is it really something else entirely?

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
One of my favorite quotes from Bob, and I'm slightly paraphrasing, is:

"Look, it's an incredible story, and if you don't believe it, good for you. Because quite frankly, if the tables were turned & someone presented my same exact story to me, I couldn't believe it, either."

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
Its generally believed that Bob Lazar is a fraud. What if that belief is wrong?

It is not.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
www.unitednuclear.com...

quick view of his website, no he is not legit.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: moniker
Most unstable elements have islands of stability, however small.

Sure, but does Lazar's description of Element 115 match the real element? No, it doesn't.

Anyone could have said "element 115 exists" prior to it's discovery. There have been placeholders on the periodic table for it (and other yet-undiscovered elements) for decades now. They even have temporary names for these yet-undiscovered elements. It's not like Lazar made some uncannily prophetic statement when he made mention of element 115, or that nobody ever considered element 115 before him.

So is it really element 115 as he was told, or is it really something else entirely?

OK. So now we're back to it being a "mysterious substance X" that science may not know exists.

How does that lend credence to Lazar's story?

edit on 11/3/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

OK. So now we're back to it being a "mysterious substance X" that science may not know exists.

How does that lend credence to Lazar's story?

The amazing properties of chemical X have been known since its discovery by Prof. Utonium back in 1998.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I think the thing to look for with this story is how does it shape up as time goes by? What new things have come to light over time from different, independent sources that significantly bolster his story? I have to say not much, if anything. There have been comments about the various theories and whether they might be correct, but that's not the same as a verification that he saw the actual things he claims he saw.

Okay, so scientists claim to come up with Element 115 in a lab. But has anybody else -- somebody working with it or access to it -- come up with a little chunk of it similar to what Lazar said he carried around with him? Not that I know of. Lazar describes a Sport Model flying saucer, but has anyone ever taken an actual photo of it or claim to have seen it? Nope.

So, over time, the story has essentially languished. And considering we're talking about something that to this day should be the greatest thing ever in the history of mankind, it seems to have gotten stale. Why? Because there is nothing new. No more details to show that it has life. it just gets to a certain level, and then stagnates. This suggests to me that if it wasn't simply all made up by Lazar, then he was jerked around with. It was all just a prank where he was told a crazy story that he ran with and embellished a little himself. Then when he was fired it never went any further because it never had any depth to it to begin with.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: zatara
As I said before... if Bob is not able to produce these items because he says they are stolen from his home isn't adding to his credibillity.

So being burgled makes people a fraud?

I have had some certificates stolen (and I have no idea what anybody could possibly want to do with them) and the school says they can't give me new ones because they only keep records for 10 years.
school or you is lying . . . and unfortunately without the certificate if you tell me you have a degree I won't believe you . . . would you believe me without proof? I have a PhD in surgery. Just going to trust me to do surgery on you then?

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crisis

"Look, it's an incredible story, and if you don't believe it, good for you. Because quite frankly, if the tables were turned & someone presented my same exact story to me, I couldn't believe it, either."
why'd he bother telling the world if he can't blame anyone for not believing? get proof or don't bother. cuz what he did was make all ufologists look bad.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: HorusChrist

originally posted by: Crisis

why'd he bother telling the world if he can't blame anyone for not believing? get proof or don't bother. cuz what he did was make all ufologists look bad.

He went public with his experiences to protect himself; When he began to see portions of his background, his education, things he's done, etc. vanishing, the next thing he thought that was going to vanish was him.

People like you want hard irrefuttable proof, but it's just not physically possible. Bob isn't out here on a crusade trying to convince everybody that aliens exist, like most other Ufologists. Every 5 or so years George Knapp brings him in on a new interview to retell his story & that's it.
edit on 4-11-2015 by Crisis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2
Add one to the current high number and predict it's existence.
Come on now...

I'll do even better. I predict that someday someone will be investigating Beryllium and discover a new type of element with additional electron shells existing at essentially "right angles" to the known shells, stimulating an entire new "gold rush" of discoveries of an entire new classification of elements.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodydagger
You hear stories all the time of Governments hiring some regular Joe citizen out of nowhere that is extraordinary at something to help them.

Such as?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join