It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone believe Bob Lazar is legit?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

OK. So now we're back to it being a "mysterious substance X" that science may not know exists.

How does that lend credence to Lazar's story?

The amazing properties of chemical X have been known since its discovery by Prof. Utonium back in 1998.

Cheers to the Powerpuff Girls reference

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crisis

originally posted by: HorusChrist

One of my favorite quotes from Bob, and I'm slightly paraphrasing, is:

"Look, it's an incredible story, and if you don't believe it, good for you. Because quite frankly, if the tables were turned & someone presented my same exact story to me, I couldn't believe it, either."
why'd he bother telling the world if he can't blame anyone for not believing? get proof or don't bother. cuz what he did was make all ufologists look bad.

He went public with his experiences to protect himself; When he began to see portions of his background, his education, things he's done, etc. vanishing, the next thing he thought that was going to vanish was him.

People like you want hard irrefuttable proof, but it's just not physically possible. Bob isn't out here on a crusade trying to convince everybody that aliens exist, like most other Ufologists. Every 5 or so years George Knapp brings him in on a new interview to retell his story & that's it.
whys that not physically possible?

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
You're already convinced one way or another, so I really don't see no point in trying to debate..

All I'll say is, if you had in your possession a hinge from an alien spaceship & presented it to the public, you can say all you want how it actually came from another world, whereas everyone will just say "all we see is a unique piece of metal & nothing more." Same with "authenticated" paperwork & whatnot. And therein lies the dilemma of providing "proof."
edit on 5-11-2015 by Crisis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Legit....a credible eyewitness...chronicaleer of physical futuristic power drives for space/space-time continuum

NOUN
1.a continuous sequence in which adjacent elements are not perceptibly different from each other, although the extremes are quite distinct:

NOPE

NAW

DEFINITELY NOT

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

All I'll say is, if you had in your possession a hinge from an alien spaceship & presented it to the public, you can say all you want how it actually came from another world, whereas everyone will just say "all we see is a unique piece of metal & nothing more." Same with "authenticated" paperwork & whatnot. And therein lies the dilemma of providing "proof."

Would it be so hard to find a couple of independent labs to help you verfiy an object's alien properties, particularly if you had a clear, unambiguous chain of evidence linking the object with a recorded UFO encounter?

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

Would it be so hard to find a couple of independent labs to help you verfiy an object's alien properties, particularly if you had a clear, unambiguous chain of evidence linking the object with a recorded UFO encounter?

Perhaps, but most answers will probably be "it's different and we don't know where it came from, however that does not automatically make it of extraterrestrial origin." The answer(s) can't be "I don't know what it is, therefore it must be ____." Once you say I don't know, you're done.

Lazar attempted to provide a physical artifact with Element 115, which was conveniently removed from his possession. All we can do is take his word for it, or not. Personally, I do. And I can see why most wouldn't, because as previously stated, it's an incredible story.

However it is interesting how that member from the first few pages seemed to corroborate these claims, with his friend's father having talked about this stuff when he was a child.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Perhaps, but most answers will probably be "it's different and we don't know where it came from, however that does not automatically make it of extraterrestrial origin." The answer(s) can't be "I don't know what it is, therefore it must be ____." Once you say I don't know, you're done.

Lazar attempted to provide a physical artifact with Element 115, which was conveniently removed from his possession. All we can do is take his word for it, or not. Personally, I do. And I can see why most wouldn't, because as previously stated, it's an incredible story.

However it is interesting how that member from the first few pages seemed to corroborate these claims, with his friend's father having talked about this stuff when he was a child.
why would we take his word for it. make sure you have it then go talking about, and don't go saying later oh someone stole it. clear hoax.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

why would we take his word for it. make sure you have it then go talking about, and don't go saying later oh someone stole it. clear hoax.

Hey man, things happen everyday that we can't explain. There are many honest members here that claim to have witnessed things, and most of the time we just have to take their word for it, because we weren't there. It can't all be BS.

I realize extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof, which there is none, however there is a lot of evidence that he was involved in something government-related.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Hey man, things happen everyday that we can't explain. There are many honest members here that claim to have witnessed things, and most of the time we just have to take their word for it, because we weren't there. It can't all be BS.

I realize extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof, which there is none, however there is a lot of evidence that he was involved in something government-related.
just being involved with something govt related is not much. and don't we as conspiracy theorists usually distrust govt agents? But here it is considered a good thing? He is like Mormon Joe Smith. Said he had golden plates from god. Then folks asked to see it. "Oh god took them away. Just trust me" Nope.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
For me, the eventual naming of Element 115 shows Lazar to be genuine.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Salander

Why? In only takes a basic education for someone to know that Element 115 (and other undiscovered elements) were/are thought to exist, and were given placeholder spots on the Periodic Table and placeholder names.

I remember asking my chemistry teachers back in the 1970s and 1980s about the blank elements in the periodic table higher than (at the time) element 108, and my teacher telling me that science thinks they exist, but have yet to be found.

Most elements above Uranium (Element 92) are synthesized in laboratories as the result of particle accelerator/atom smashing experiments or by new methods of closely observing the decay of other radioactive elements. Some of the new elements are temporary states of the decay of another element. Scientists believe that by using better methods, they may be able to find (say, for example) element 120 or 121.

It was the same back in Bob Lazar's time. Science knew that element 115 probably existed, but hadn't yet found it. Lazar knowing this is not evidence of anything, considering a high school chemistry student at the time could know the same thing.

edit on 11/6/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

originally posted by: Salander

Why? In only takes a basic education for someone to know that Element 115 (and other undiscovered elements) were/are thought to exist, and were given placeholder spots on the Periodic Table and placeholder names.

I remember asking my chemistry teachers about the blank elements in the periodic table higher than (at the time) element 108, and my teacher telling me that science thinks they exist, but have yet to be found.

Most elements above Uranium (Element 92) are synthesized in laboratories as the result of particle accelerator/atom smashing experiments or by new methods of closely observing the decay of other radioactive elements. Some of the new elements are temporary states of the decay of another element. Scientists believe that by using better methods, they may be able to find (say, for example) element 120 or 121.

It was the same back in Bob Lazar's time. Science knew that element 115 probably existed, but hadn't yet found it. Lazar knowing this is not evidence of anything, considering a high school chemistry student at the time could know the same thing.

I predict there is an element 500. I had some I got from Area 51 but the govt stole it from me. You all trust me right? Oh yeah and the govt stole my college degrees.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Does anyone believe Bob Lazar is legit?

*Raises hand and runs from room*

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I predict there is an element 500. I had some I got from Area 51 but the govt stole it from me. You all trust me right? Oh yeah and the govt stole my college degrees.

Actually, I think that as we get better at tearing up atoms and subatomic particles in giant accelerators, and possibly detecting them zooming in from deep space, we're going to slowly, over time, redefine the elements to include other properties and relationships that are currently unknown to us. That's going to result in the elements being more accurately represented in a kind of 3-D or 4-D grid that "wraps into itself." It's just a notion I had one day, and I don't have the math skills to adequately explain it. So I don't know if there is going to be an "Element 500" as we know the elements these days. Maybe more like "Rhodium-2-9," or atomic number "45-2-9."
edit on 6-11-2015 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Actually, I think that as we get better at tearing up atoms and subatomic particles in giant accelerators, and possibly detecting them zooming in from deep space, we're going to slowly, over time, redefine the elements to include other properties and relationships that are currently unknown to us. That's going to result in the elements being more accurately represented in a kind of 3-D or 4-D grid that "wraps into itself." It's just a notion I had one day, and I don't have the math skills to adequately explain it. So I don't know if there is going to be an "Element 500" as we know the elements these days. Maybe more like "Rhodium-2-9," or atomic number "45-2-9."
yeah who knows what molecules really look like. is element 115 for example just something with 115 protons stuck together and some other amount of neutrons and some other amount of electrons flying around . . . we don't really know. Quantum Mechanics is basically a copout saying we can't ever know cuz of etc etc etc . . . no if we don't know something the scientists should get back to the drawing board not try to say we can't ever know.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
i will say again, I actually heard Lazar and Knapp, at the UFO international conference, their panel discussion can be bought from the conference organizers.
And my view is that Lazar showed such a grasp of the physics involved and was able to explain his own uncertainties that he is the real deal.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkstar57
i will say again, I actually heard Lazar and Knapp, at the UFO international conference, their panel discussion can be bought from the conference organizers.
And my view is that Lazar showed such a grasp of the physics involved and was able to explain his own uncertainties that he is the real deal.
fact you have to buy it is suspect. stop trying to make money and show facts.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

So maybe Lazar discovered this element the same way those who wrote the Periodic Table did? It's been too many years since college chemistry, but I hated it.

Lazar claimed, as I understand it, that he had been told about 115 by aliens of some sort. When it became reality 20 years later, one must wonder. I suspect he was telling the truth as he knew it.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   
The thing is, theoretically there's an infinite number of elements since element number is only determined by proton count, and I am not aware of an upper cap. The issue is that once you start getting that high everything has an unbelievably short half-life.

As to whether or not I believe Bob Lazar... I'm not sure, really. What I do think is that it is not as simple as one might initially assume.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: moniker

The guy it pals with john lear that says enough.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join