It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone believe Bob Lazar is legit?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

You Sir, hit the nail on the head- GOVT: "We will kill you if you fight our discrediting of you. We will know when you pursue getting your stolen accreditation back. We have insiders."

Maybe?

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Know that when you look through the glass and magnify space as it draws near you did not travel ahead in time,instead the past you have been granted access to!

Well that presents more problems, or is that an answer?

Will you remember me if I travel time for the future of mankind?

If you ever see yourself like a diamond in the sky and the information flows relax and listen because you are talking to yourself as you are fixing things and your attention is required...

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: aynock

his claim was that the gravity field extends outside the size of the 115 . The point I was making was once we have some of this in stable form that theory can be tested. What your saying out of a text book what bob I saying if fiction until we have some of the element to test his claim and let the chips fall where they will.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Maxmars

...and now the facts as we are most assured are true:

a) no one knows who this guy is; b) the school who credentialed him never heard of him...

sadly some totally insane people believe him... must be a social illness....

We must believe that the government security apparatus was entirely incompetent in placing this individual closer to top secret national defense technology... because uh.... who is this guy again?

Let's face it; rather than let private inquiry take it's course (although no journalist of standing would ever be allowed to tackle it at the time), a deliberate PR campaign was waged against Lazar... announcing the discovery that he was a fraud without elaborating how he had befuddled the top background clearance investigation machinery on the planet... all so he could fantasize about UFOs.

i don't think bob got anywhere near top secret defence technology

the pr campaign against bob may be to add some small amount of credibility to his story - if so, it seems to have worked with some people
edit on 12-2-2015 by aynock because: edited out misunderstanding

edit on 12-2-2015 by aynock because: filled out

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maxmars
a reply to: Tangerine

I'm afraid that for you, nothing short of getting a job at Los Alamos via time-travel could satisfy you. But I suspect that this would not be the satisfaction you desire anyway. No ill-meaning in that... just that you reject outright, and seem to protect what you consider physical reality. No one can pierce that save an unlikely miraculous occurrence. May I ask, do you think you would be be inclined to react by explaining why it couldn't be so, or how it could be so? There's no wrong answer really... eventually everyone tends to do both.

What, exactly, have I rejected outright? I'm a fortean. I believe anything is possible. That said, I can distinguish between belief and fact.

Could extraterrestrials exist, have visited earth, anally probed people and put implants in them? Yes. In nearly 70 years of obsessive research, has anyone come up with an iota of testable evidence proving those things? No.

I realize that most "ufologists" believe the government is lying to people to hide extraterrestrial visitation. I believe the opposite. I believe the government has gone to great lengths to convince people that extraterrestrials exist, visit earth and abduct people. Why? I really don't know except that fearful people are much easier to manipulate and control.

If you're familiar with reinforcement techniques, you know that the very best way to reinforce something is via variable interval, variable ratio reinforcement. It seems to me that this is exactly what the government has done when it comes to the ETH.

Has it occurred to you that this has all the makings of a new religion? Religions are used to control the masses. Frightening to contemplate.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: AthlonSavage

ok - thanks for the clarification

i think what he actually said was that the strong nuclear force extends outside the atom and acts as a 'different gravity'

as you say though, if we can produce a stable form this can be tested - and would probably win someone a nobel prize

maybe they'd share it with bob

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: mbkennel
a reply to: aynock

Since so much of it didn't make sense, I wonder if that was the very purpose of the experience! As said "pure theatre". Make people believe, through strange experiences imposed on a technician, there are ET flying saucers. As described, it didn't sound like a serious project the way something of this magnitude would be run by Los Alamos of the Manhattan Project.

What if "pure theatre" was exactly the point?

i think jv's analysis is the most convincing - he's perhaps the only person to ask bob the right questions

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE

Its generally believed that Bob Lazar is a fraud. What if that belief is wrong?

Anybody out there that thinks Bob (the knob) Lazar is legit? If so can you
briefly state why you think so.

It is purported by the MSM that Bob Lazar is a fraud. Whether that is the case is another matter altogether.

The MSM would also have us believe that ongoing ET interaction with Earth is not happening; would it surprise you if I said the MSM cannot be trusted in these types of matters?

If you really care about Bob Lazar, and if you started the thread you must somewhat, take the time to listen to Bob Lazar himself on Coast to Coast AM just a couple of months ago:

Thanks. Will review this tomorrow.

After listening to him on CTC and him speak about the elements and 115 I thing he is legit!

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   

It is purported by the MSM that Bob Lazar is a fraud. Whether that is the case is another matter altogether.

The MSM would also have us believe that ongoing ET interaction with Earth is not happening; would it surprise you if I said the MSM cannot be trusted in these types of matters?

If you really care about Bob Lazar, and if you started the thread you must somewhat, take the time to listen to Bob Lazar himself on Coast to Coast AM just a couple of months ago:

After listening to him on CTC and him speak about the elements and 115 I thing he is legit!

But his original description of element 115 is nothing like the element 115 that was eventually discovered.

It sounds as if he just used the name "element 115" for a fake element that he made up in his head.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

But his original description of element 115 is nothing like the element 115 that was eventually discovered.

It sounds as if he just used the name "element 115" for a fake element that he made up in his head.

Somewhere between "Upsidasium" and "Unobtanium" on the periodic table.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I believe him. Im still laughing at the first two who commented to tell us they don't know who he is, thanks for your input. I was undecided for a while but I believe his story. I went to a university for 3 yesrs, no one would remember me.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

I realize that most "ufologists" believe the government is lying to people to hide extraterrestrial visitation. I believe the opposite. I believe the government has gone to great lengths to convince people that extraterrestrials exist, visit earth and abduct people. Why? I really don't know except that fearful people are much easier to manipulate and control.

Bravo, my thoughts echo yours on the subject. however Government is such a broad term, certain parts of Governments or agencies more fits the bill, intelligence agencies that specialize in information gathering and how to use and what information to create to guide groups of people and their beliefs which in turn affects the way they live their lives and spend their money which in turn effects others around them. Sometimes it could get out of hand because making predictions on peoples probable actions based on how they are manipulated always doesn't go to plan other times it works like a charm and the chess pieces all fall in place.

There is more logic and more believable speculation based on functions of government the world over to your scenario when one sees how humans treat each other which just about every one that debates on the UFO forum does, it just boggle my mind that so many find the ET hypothesis easier to believe.

I believe Lazar is legit in that he believes what he is saying, however how he came to that conclusion could have been a modern day MK ultra project to create people that might have worked on sensitive material in places where much secrecy is held and then discredited to give them so much power over those that already believe based on their own perception and whatever guides their perception to have those AHA moments when seeing the connections of having his record wiped or what not and any other links to a conspiracy to discredit him, all at the same time of bringing in new believers that might be on the fence but when seeing contradicting info about his employment they choose to side with the government covering up any of his work to hide ET instead of covering up his work to create a belief.

I really couldn't care less about all the claims and what not now after about a decade of spending much time reading this and that, finding corroborative and contradicting info on just about everything in UFOlogy, now in the last year on ATS especially there seem to be very few real researchers and skeptics and whole new religion created which gives me a laugh now and then reading some of the debates but really has me worried how easy it is to manipulate people minds.

Gotta say it nice to read some of your material even though your constant asking for verifiable evidence gets annoying even for me as I think that is the same as asking for verifiable evidence of a spiritual nature.

Maybe in time that evidence will be found of one or the other but I agree that nothing that is verifiable is available and claims of it being covered up if true would make people with ideas like you or me prime suspects of such cover ups to those that believe or as they say know ET is real and here, I cant blame them for what they believe, I believe I know that God or some type of spiritual energy is real but I wont push that on others as being real but simply my belief because like I said numerous times in discussions on such matters our beliefs are all we have as individuals, its just a shame that they can be so easily manipulated by others.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Don't allow the 95% UFO BS that's on the internet cloud your vision or judgement. Its just UFO hysteria/mania/paranoia/wish.

Forget the 95% it does not mean anything to the people, only helps TPTB.

5% is more than enough to confirm that something exists!

Also, same applies to what people have experienced or seen. If only 5% is true then again that's more than enough to confirm existence.

Even BL himself states that 90% of UFO material is just rubbish!!

ET is here, get over it and wait for the moment its officially leaked or disclosed.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Who is Bob Lazar ?

Indeed.

😜

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Hello, i have watch all of his stuff online and i would like to believe it. BUT because his story is not perfect and not water tight i am not really sure.
Ps 1st time user.
edit on 12-2-2015 by DonaldC because: to add a bit

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

Somewhere between "Upsidasium" and "Unobtanium" on the periodic table.

Ha ha!. Actually "Unobtanium" is close! Elememt 115 is called "Ununpentium", at least for now. However, most scientists simply call it "Element 115".

I say "at least for now" because "Ununpentium" was just the place-holder name that was given to it even before it was discovered. The name follows the naming convention for naming transuranium (heavier than uranium) elemants as set forth by the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC). However, it is not uncommon for an element to eventually be given another name, sometimes in honor of the person or group who discovered it.

But following that IUPAC convention for temporary names, Element 115' name of Ununpentium is derived as follows:

Un = 1, un = 1, pent = 5, + the suffix "ium"
which when put all together is Un-un-pent-ium.

Other elements yet to be discovered already have similar temporary names that follow this convention.

For example:
Element 125 would be Unbipentium (Un = 1, bi = 2, pent = 5, +ium)
Element 126 would be Unbihexium (Un =1, bi = 2, hex = 6, +ium)

edit on 2/12/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge I saw my name mentioned, so I'll reply, but can't get into a debate. The weight of the material I've seen suggests that Lazar was a fraud. I believe that if you were to find a science major with a con man's heart, he could duplicate (or exceed) Lazar's performance.

As best I can tell, Lazar absorbed Area 51 and UFO lore from John Lear, embroidered it, then fed it back to him. Lazar probably gathered some additional Area 51 genuine details from local low-level sources living in Las Vegas. Most of the Lazar narrative can be traced to earlier UFO stories and the original material is fairly sketchy, S-4 and using an element number that was vacant. I'm not aware of anything in his story that holds water.

Lazar's biggest score might have been getting George Knapp to believe him. A lot of cons work like that, trick an honest guy and then let him do all the work of promoting you.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Thank you for your response. I think it's entirely possible that ufology was created as a government experiment and is guided and adjusted periodically. I use "government' as shorthand for factions within government. Lazar may believe that which he's saying but, other than possibly being an example of how easy it is to manipulate the beliefs of people, it doesn't matter.

It has reached the point where I regard ufology as a sociological and psychological study. Given the history of religion, the religious aspect is frightening.

I do understand that my constant requests for testable evidence are annoying (including for me having to type it), but the lack of education among most people involved in this "field" is shocking. Actually, I think it reflects the poor level of education of people in society.

I think that discussions of UFOs within the theoretical context of metaphysics, paranormal, collective unconscious, temporal lobe epilepsy and the body's production of dimethyltryptamine, hypnosis, or a control mechanism is ultimately going to be more productive than going around in circles on the ETH merry-go-round. Sadly, because this topic has attracted the same literalists who flock to the Abrahamic religions, most people will not be interested. Perhaps we should just ignore the literalists in go off in that direction, anyway.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I used to be one of those who would discount Lazar as a fraud at the outset. Now after doing quite a bit of independent research over time and going on a hunch, I'm really not sure what to believe anymore. Certain parts of his story check out and highly suggest he did work there and was possibly privvy to very sensitive knowledge while there, while other parts of his story simply don't add up. He clearly was not a scientist as he just doesn't have the training or knowledge, but from what I gather he appears to at least be a legit technician.

There's two possibilities: Either Lazar made the whole thing up, or there are kernels of truth to his story but exaggerations and misrepresentations on the part of Lazar make it very difficult to believe. Both possibilities are well motivated and there are good reasons to come to either conclusion.
edit on 12-2-2015 by Diablos because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
His whole story hinges on element 115. When he first came out with his story we didn't know much about element 115 as it had never been made. Now that we have made the stuff ourselves we know it is unstable so his whole story is bunk

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join