It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop having unplanned children

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: th3dudeabides

go to any city in the country and tell me this isn't a major problem.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

What the OP brought up was a simple matter of people actually putting as much thought into having children as they do, say, the avatar and handle they use when posting on ATS.

It's not a big ask.

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: corvuscorrax

Don't have sex if your not prepared to have children.

Yeah it is. It's a huge, unreasonable and unrealistic ask.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

No it's not unreasonable to expect people to make responsible choices.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

What the OP brought up was a simple matter of people actually putting as much thought into having children as they do, say, the avatar and handle they use when posting on ATS.

It's not a big ask.

Why do you think it's unreasonable and unrealistic to plan something so important as having children?

Is this something beyond your personal ability, or are you speculating about everybody else?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Contraception IS a responsible choice!

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Right! Totally agree.

Anything else?

This is mind blowing.
edit on 1/12/2015 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

It's not a big ask.

Why do you think it's unreasonable and unrealistic to plan something so important as having children?

Is this something beyond your personal ability, or are you speculating about everybody else?

It's time to hide under a mountain the people have gotten too stupid.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

It's not a big ask.

Why do you keep ignoring ^^^ this little tid bit in your obtuse, bait and switch replies?

Why do you think employing contraception in order to plan when NOT to have children as well as planning when to stop contraception in order to HAVE children is irresponsible?

With avatars as provocative as the ones you have chosen I would think that recreational sex wouldn't be off your table. So, what exactly are you arguing here? All sex should be for procreation only? Is that your deal?

edit on 12-1-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Excuse me but having an "unplanned" child does not equal being irresponsible. My parents were working with the information they were given by medical professionals and yet here I am. I am not being financed by others. My two were "unplanned" despite the fact that we were acting like responsible adults and things just didn't work as they should have. I never planned to start graduate school six weeks after the birth of a child. But we loved them,raised them, fed them and educated them despite the accidental nature of their conceptions. They are college graduates who are out there producing more college graduates. They are responsible for themselves and their offspring.
I can point to dozens of "unplanned" children who were never anyone's responsibility except the parents who brought them into his world and have made their way in the world quite nicely despite their birth being "unplanned" by their parents.
Perhaps a bit of education in biology and birth control would be fitting for both you and one question to acquire. Painting anyone who has not precisely planned the birth of a child as irresponsible is just arrogant and nonsensical.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

so your telling me that's it's unreasonable to expect people to make responsible choices when taking the risk of having sex?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I'm saying if you want to have a kid HAVE A PLAN

maybe the powers that be are right about our species?

edit on 1/12/2015 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I think it's unreasonable to make abstinence the only responsible choice when someone doesn't want children.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I'm saying if you want to have a kid HAVE A PLAN

Thanks Captain Obvious!

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

This is the modern world we're dealing with there are other options.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Go outside and look around its not that obvious anymore.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Man, Old Empire has some control issues and when you look around at their creation you sure don't see a lot of control...

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Wanting people to have a plan on having or not having children is not asking too much, but it is expecting too much.
My wife works in finance and she deals with people that don't balance their check books. They can't make their car payments but manage to go to the liquor store three times a month.
I coach girls softball and deal with parents that can't manage to drop off or pick up their kids on time.
Thinking that everyone is going to have a long term plan for raising their children is unrealistic. Throw in an unexpected divorce or illness and any plan you did have is likely out of play.
We planned for our daughter. Had a reliable car, a home of our own, insurance the whole package. Six months in to pregnancy and the company I worked for went under along with my insurance. We made it through and are going strong now only because we adapted to the situation. I also have a ton of life insurance for the unexpected. I want my family to be secure if I'm gone.
Good luck getting the majority to do any of that planing.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

It's well worth the effort.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Skid Mark
a reply to: Annee

I know. It kept going crazy when I tried to post it. I think I got it now lol. It's not a documentary but I do see it as a glimpse into a possible future, considering the stupid stuff they have on TV.

Thanks. Yes, I could go crazy on this thread, but I'd get attacked.

Culture is the hardest thing to change. It's not about rich or poor, it's about culture.

Do we take children away from parents of generational cultures that are not healthy, that do not promote "living up to your potential"? Put them in government schools that teach success thinking?

What about religious cultures that deny modern education?

Even wealth culture that try to give children everything money can buy, except what they really need?

Another authoritarian.

Yipee.

Healthy, productive, happy children can be raised by healthy, productive happy adults in an endless array of circumstance. Empowering people with the knowledge and ability to do the best they can will correct most of the 'defects' we all seem to perceive. Telling people how to live their lives and raise their children will create ever more chaos.

Am I anti-government? NO I AM NOT!

I am pro whatever works. If government intervention works --- then I am pro government intervention.

I believe most parents love their children and do what they think is best. But, depending on culture it may not be best for the world those children will be a part of.

I do not even pretend Idealism is the real world.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Yes, he was but a small percentage. Not all smart people are mass murderers. The smart people make sure the Bundy's don't kill again.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join