It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop having unplanned children

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

Why would we want to be accountable that's total insanity.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

So many of your threads end up with you shaking your head at people not understanding what your trying to say. Maybe you should consider that it's you not making sense, and it's you with the problem and not the rest of the world. I would think someone of your self presumed brilliance would have the world by the tail and not feel the need to insult people on a lowly conspiracy website.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

Herpdaderp.

Because planning kids is dumb.
edit on 1/12/2015 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Well your probably right but it's a long way from happening. The new parents of today suck.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71

So many of your threads end up with you shaking your head at people not understanding what your trying to say. Maybe you should consider that it's you not making sense, and it's you with the problem and not the rest of the world. I would think someone of your self presumed brilliance would have the world by the tail and not feel the need to insult people on a lowly conspiracy website.

but that would require a healthy dose of critical thinking

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I was an "unplanned" child because my Mother had been told she couldn't have any more children after she had serious problems when my brother was born.
Both my children were "unplanned" because birth control sometimes fails---just fails.
I have a dear friend who is raising a teenager at age 60 because her tubes "grew back" 20 years after she had them "tied."
"The best laid plans of mice and men...(and women) often go awry."
Who, exactly, are you to be telling others how and when to have children? What are your qualifications for dispensing this advice? Have you conducted extensive studies on "unplanned" children and their outcomes? Have you read such studies conducted by others? Or did you just get up today and decide to tell all of society how to behave? You might as well be telling people to quit having "unplanned" car crashes because those car crashes cost society a lot of money in lost wages and pain and suffering.
Perhaps if you concentrated on taking care of yourself you would fare better than tending to other folks' business. If you don't want to have an "unplanned" child, you have your plan. That's great. However, to expect the entire society to jump onto your bandwagon is a bit grandiose isn't it? Maybe I missed the part about you being the new ruler of our One World Order....

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Thanks for another healthy dose of stupid.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I think I got it!

Unplanned pregnancies are bad
Contraception is bad
Recreational sex is bad

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
I was an "unplanned" child because my Mother had been told she couldn't have any more children after she had serious problems when my brother was born.
Both my children were "unplanned" because birth control sometimes fails---just fails.
I have a dear friend who is raising a teenager at age 60 because her tubes "grew back" 20 years after she had them "tied."
"The best laid plans of mice and men...(and women) often go awry."
Who, exactly, are you to be telling others how and when to have children? What are your qualifications for dispensing this advice? Have you conducted extensive studies on "unplanned" children and their outcomes? Have you read such studies conducted by others? Or did you just get up today and decide to tell all of society how to behave? You might as well be telling people to quit having "unplanned" car crashes because those car crashes cost society a lot of money in lost wages and pain and suffering.
Perhaps if you concentrated on taking care of yourself you would fare better than tending to other folks' business. If you don't want to have an "unplanned" child, you have your plan. That's great. However, to expect the entire society to jump onto your bandwagon is a bit grandiose isn't it? Maybe I missed the part about you being the new ruler of our One World Order....

Grandiose?

No.

Nobody expects the entire society to jump on anybody's bandwagon. At the same time, those who are irresponsible with their lives shouldn't be asking those who are to finance them.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: diggindirt

Thanks for another healthy dose of stupid.

You can call me names all you like even though it's against the rules of the site. How is it stupid to tell you to mind your business and allow others to mind theirs? How is it that you have the authority to tell others when and how to have children?
If you don't want unplanned children you have a plan in place for that strategy. That's good. But to step out of your realm of authority and tell others that they must abort or hand over for adoption any child that isn't "planned" is simply arrogant.
I've watched quite a few of your threads with their whining about this and that---in all those posts I've never seen anything that qualifies you to tell others how to run their reproductive lives.
So, you want to call me stupid, go ahead, it reflects on you, not me because it means you have no ammunition for debate and descend to sandbox tactics like an arrogant child.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I couldn't agree more, however religious fundies are gonna take exception with this completely valid and reasonable opinion. They are so unreasonable about this point mostly because of a fallacious bestseller.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: th3dudeabides

It's completely idiotic to be against planning the birth of your child.

NO ONE runs their business without a plan because of how important it is to make money yet Everyone has kids without any real plan.

What's important here?
edit on 1/12/2015 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

Be better than your parents. If you love humans, be more re-productively responsible.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

This is one of stupidest things i've read on ATS since "who you gonna trust, me or wikipedia?"
\

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
I think I got it!

Contraception is bad
Recreational sex is bad

The OP mentioned nothing about contraception or recreational sex.

What the OP brought up was a simple matter of people actually putting as much thought into having children as they do, say, the avatar and handle they use when posting on ATS.

It's not a big ask.

link   

I'd stop going to Wal-Mart, personally. The Morlocks there are bad for your disposition.

link   
a reply to: th3dudeabides

Clarify.

Is it really that dumb to have to articulate this point out?

Look back at how many people want to disagree with the premise that unplanned children is a bad idea.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

I think I got it!

Contraception is bad
Recreational sex is bad

The OP mentioned nothing about contraception or recreational sex.

What the OP brought up was a simple matter of people actually putting as much thought into having children as they do, say, the avatar and handle they use when posting on ATS.

It's not a big ask.

Exactly thanks Jamie.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Sex is enjoyable, but I think the key point is not shame over the sex act but rather knowing that there contraception options to prevent unwanted pregnancies and deliberately lazily not using them. If you have a child because of laziness, well your an insensate bastard.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I think I got it!

Contraception is bad
Recreational sex is bad

Nah you got it wrong...here let me fix it for you:

Unplanned pregnancies are avoidable for most people
Contraception is awesome
Recreational sex is awesome

There.