It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop having unplanned children

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I know. It kept going crazy when I tried to post it. I think I got it now lol. It's not a documentary but I do see it as a glimpse into a possible future, considering the stupid stuff they have on TV.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
No one is serious about this, because if they were, they would support policies and organizations that help with this very issue.

Sexual Education and Planned Parenthood.

But these things are the devil.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Did you know that the birth rate has been on the decline in the US for the last 6 years?

That doesn't surprise me in the least, considering how expensive it is to raise children now. The cost of a college education is starting to be out of reach for many high school graduates.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheArrow
No one is serious about this, because if they were, they would support policies and organizations that help with this very issue.

They should have called it "unplanned parenthood"
That would have been more accurate.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

I know. It kept going crazy when I tried to post it. I think I got it now lol. It's not a documentary but I do see it as a glimpse into a possible future, considering the stupid stuff they have on TV.

Thanks. Yes, I could go crazy on this thread, but I'd get attacked.

Culture is the hardest thing to change. It's not about rich or poor, it's about culture.

Do we take children away from parents of generational cultures that are not healthy, that do not promote "living up to your potential"? Put them in government schools that teach success thinking?

What about religious cultures that deny modern education?

Even wealth culture that try to give children everything money can buy, except what they really need?

edit on 12-1-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: corvuscorrax

I don't think taking the easiest way out is the answer either I think the answer is creating a culture of accountability.

Don't have sex if your not prepared to have children.

Getting moralistic will never solve anything.

Choosing to abstain because of personal beliefs is fine, but don't insist upon it for others by making contraception and abortion illegal. That is precisely how we got to where we find ourselves.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71

originally posted by: TheArrow

They should have called it "unplanned parenthood"
That would have been more accurate.

Unplanned Parenthood is the alternative to Planned Parenthood.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Planning to have children is the responsible choice.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I could just as easily say planning to NOT have children is the responsible choice.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Does anyone on this website have a critical mind anymore?

Can anyone wrap their head around what I'm trying to say here or can you only pedantically pick apart details of the post itself?

HELLO

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Let me get this strait.

You don't think its a good idea to plan children?

Both of you are behaving childishly.

This was clearly not said nor implied by Annee.

Tu Quoque is a very common fallacy in which one attempts to defend oneself or another from criticism by turning the critique back against the accuser. This is a classic Red Herring since whether the accuser is guilty of the same, or a similar, wrong is irrelevant to the truth of the original charge. However, as a diversionary tactic, Tu Quoque can be very effective, since the accuser is put on the defensive, and frequently feels compelled to defend against the accusation.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Too many kids are having babies today. It's becoming acceptable by society, where in earlier generations it was embarrassing for girls to become pregnant while in high school. Now you see teens walking down high school hallways that are 6 or 7 months pregnant. Most of the time, the parents are stuck raising their children.

Most of these babies grow up on welfare, without a father figure. It's a drain on the welfare system. Many of these kids get in trouble with the law because they're neglected or lack discipline. We all pay for it in the long run. There should be some kind of consequences for teens to make them think twice before having unprotected sex.
edit on 12-1-2015 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

to correct your "moralistic" statement, "planning to have children, is A responsible choice". But you also seem to believe that ones "planning" is only acceptable (to you) if it excludes recreational sex.

Authoritarian, moralistic force causes what you state to be against. But your words and behavior attest to 1) very confused thinking/writing or 2) hidden agenda.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Oh my god there are no critical thinkers left on the planet.

Sorry I can't even talk to you.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Skid Mark

Thanks. Yes, I could go crazy on this thread, but I'd get attacked.

Culture is the hardest thing to change. It's not about rich or poor, it's about culture.

Do we take children away from parents of generational cultures that are not healthy, that do not promote "living up to your potential"? Put them in government schools that teach success thinking?

What about religious cultures that deny modern education?

Even wealth culture that try to give children everything money can buy, except what they really need?

Another authoritarian.

Yipee.

Healthy, productive, happy children can be raised by healthy, productive happy adults in an endless array of circumstance. Empowering people with the knowledge and ability to do the best they can will correct most of the 'defects' we all seem to perceive. Telling people how to live their lives and raise their children will create ever more chaos.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Does anyone on this website have a critical mind anymore?

Can anyone wrap their head around what I'm trying to say here or can you only pedantically pick apart details of the post itself?

HELLO

Maybe if you just tell everyone what to think you will get the response you want, or could be they don't agree with the premise.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

Herpdaderp.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
It would be nice if everyone planned pregnancies. That would require quite a few things to happen though, such as:

-Deregulated birth control that is available over the counter( think 100 pills for 15 bucks next to Tylenol).
-Access to fertility services and abortion
-Secularism(because god plans pregnancies, not you morons)
-Educated population(inverse correlation between education and unplanned pregnancies, especially in teens)
-Reduction in the molestation of young women(young women who are sexually abused are much, much more likely to get pregnant in their teens or have unplanned pregnancies later on. Makes sense considering they are used to having no control over their anatomy)
-Smaller families in which future parents come out of. If you come from a large family, you are more likely to have large amounts of children. People who have many children usually don't plan every single one. Just the way it is.
-Reduction in alcohol usage among population

There's more but that's good for now.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

A major issue were having is everyone is having unplanned children. In my opinion in the modern if you have children you and your spouse need to have a plan in place before.

Both parents should learn about diet and cleansing and spend 3 months prior to conception eating a very regimented diet. This will help to eliminate serious mental problems. This diet should then be implement in the child's life and strictly followed until later on in life, especially during the first five years.

Secondly the education of the child should be decided and agreed upon by both parents. That's a no brainer.

I also think it's important to have many discussions about methods of disciplining your children. Personally I think that both parents should be on the same page and support each other's deacisons prior to create a sense of stability at a young age.

This will help to resolve many of the issues we face today as a nation from health and development to building stronger community and family ties.

This is one of the most important topics of discussion yet one of the least talked about so please discuss.

Yes, but what you suggest would go against the entire culture of "do what you want, when you want to, you're entitled, with no accountability or responsibility" culture that we live in.

Everybody gets a trophy even if you didn't practice and you suck.

And how could you possibly reverse this wave when the entire social services structures and government programs are in place just to provide remedies for the problem you've brought up?

Sandra Fluke? She thinks it's her right to have other people pay for her birth control so she can have unprotected sex when she wants.

Yes, you're right. It's the elephant in the room.

S&F

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: OrphanApology

Oh good someone has revived my faith in an ability to logically carry out a conversation.

Good points.

I guess the educated population point is the most important part of the equation.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join