It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop having unplanned children

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

originally posted by: FyreByrd
Do you know what the difference between animals and humans? The ability to override instinct with reason and principle. Hence the person that gives their life or anothers....

originally posted by: Tangerine
Untrue. There is nothing separating humans from animals because humans are animals.

This would be a great thread topic! Service dogs come to my mind, as far as being able to override instinct for reason and principle, imo.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Don't have sex if your not prepared to have children.

My partner and I love having sex and we both don't want children, so we have the appropriate precautions in place.

There are other ways of stopping unwanted children, such as abortion, and I've experienced that via a former partner too. That was a difficult choice, but made easier in that it saved her life.

Sometimes, it appears that the unplanned children are the best thing though, so I dispute the title of this thread, and the very judgmental nature of the high and mighty tones.

Nobody is perfect.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Tangerine

Do you know what the difference between animals and humans? The ability to override instinct with reason and principle. Hence the person that gives their life or anothers....

Untrue. There is nothing separating humans from animals because humans are animals.

This would be a great thread topic! Service dogs come to my mind, as far as being able to override instinct for reason and principle, imo.

Yes, and there are many good examples of dogs, in particular, risking their lives to save someone.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: onequestion

Nothing is 100% safe except for abstinence, and kids don't know how to practice that.

My God! I had no idea you such a crazy fundamentalist Christian conservative Krzy! When did you convert?

Well it's the truth. That doesn't mean I'm going to push abstinence on the children like that is a sound decision to stop them from having sex.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
A better title for this post should have read:

"Society needs to stop compensating those who have unplanned or unwanted children".

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

LOL - yes, most humans are just animals that talk too much, however we have the ability to rise above our instincts and animals do not (well maybe dolphins).

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

LOL - yes, most humans are just animals that talk too much, however we have the ability to rise above our instincts and animals do not (well maybe dolphins).

Probably because humans developed written language.

Animals do evolve their insincts when the need arises. But, humans can learn from previous generations because they have a written history. That which took a long time to develop.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

The notion that animals, dolphins excluded, are mindless machines operating solely on instinct has long been disproven. Research in the field of animal behavior should enlighten you regarding that.

I do not share your apparent enthusiasm for the behavior of humans. As a species, operating on instinct or rising above it, we suck.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Animals do evolve their insincts when the need arises. But, humans can learn from previous generations because they have a written history. That which took a long time to develop.

Non-human animals learn from previous generations, too. For a species that learns from previous generations via written language, we humans aren't doing all that well. How would you explain our propensity to repeat our mistakes?

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Non-human animals learn from previous generations, too. For a species that learns from previous generations via written language, we humans aren't doing all that well. How would you explain our propensity to repeat our mistakes?

The usual, we are animals.

Instinct, power of the fittest. It's still all about power.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

your statement is theoretically true...as in we have written history to learn from but for some reason we do not learn the right lessons

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: Annee

your statement is theoretically true...as in we have written history to learn from but for some reason we do not learn the right lessons

I know.

In the old days they had castles with walls and moats. Today we have private walled in communities.

We've come so far.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join