It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop having unplanned children

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

That's what I'm afraid of. It was a corny movie but the dark humor was great.
edit on 12-1-2015 by LOSTinAMERICA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Funny how, for example, the bible address' all the points you mention. That there are already plans to lead a healthy life.

Plan before making love, it is called marriage. Be honest with yourself so you may choose real love for life.
Hold family oriented values.
Work hard.
Eat what God has given us. That alone would solve soooooooooooo many problems, but nooooooooo God didn't make anything and GMOs are better. Fools.

Respect your parents and elders. Help others. Share. Test everything (education and learning). It is all there for people to apply.
Nothing new under the sun.

In a free society, you have to choose what is right amongst all the garbage and clearly a lot of people don't see right from wrong. I don't see anything new in your idea except you are implying to remove the freewill part.

edit on 12-1-2015 by bitsforbytes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Have a plan? The universe doesn't seem to like operating like that. Neither of ours were planned, and birth control did indeed fail for us. We took it in stride & made the best of it. No regrets. My tubal may fail one day as well, and if it does, we'll deal with that if & when it happens.

Ish happens, and you, OneQuestion, cannot control ish beyond your own. You, the aspiring MMA fighter living in Palm Beach consistently whining about his living situation and low pay, can do something about your ish. Start there before you berate others.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

No one disagrees with the general premise. We are just telling you that life has a funny way of laughing at your plans. For example: condoms fail and become c-rings.

Most people adapt and overcome when the universe laughs at their plans. Some people can't adapt when traffic is heavier than expected during rush hour. No matter what you say or do, those people will never hear or understand your plea-to-plan.

Another 20 years or so on this planet, and the above sentence will be as obvious to you as the nose on your face. I don't expect you'll get it before then, however.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: Nyiah

I'm on a big hardwood install in New Jersey right now working a lot of overtime.

Obviously you disagree with the general premise of planning to have kid?

It's a novel notion, but unrealistic. You seem to think every single human on the planet is capable of shutting down testicles and ovaries (and related hormones) at will. This is not realistic. Both of our kids should be named Failed Birth Control, those failures happen to many people (ask my mom about my younger brother, and my late great-grandmother about the uncle younger than my mom!) To lump everyone under the same irresponsible schlups blanket is ignoring all variables and possible flops of prevention.

It would be great if we had birth control that was 100% fail-proof, and 100% reversible & cost-conscious, but neither exist. Yet. Given time, they may. Insulting people in the meantime doesn't achieve anything aside from animosity.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

~ John Lennon

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

So I get it.

Consciously creating children is a bad idea.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s
Yup life throws curves balls.

So has anyone ever actually consciously create a child and how did you do it?

Ugh.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA
Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

~ John Lennon

1957 Allen Saunders: "Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans."

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Yeah, I made two, with some assistance from their mother. Both turned out awesome.

How are your kids doing?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Nice to know. Thanks for pointing that out. If I ever quote it again, I'll be sure to use the original and give him his due. Learn something new everyday!

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

Yeah, I made two, with some assistance from their mother. Both turned out awesome.

How are your kids doing?

I'm working on grandchildren.

One mildly autistic who's daddy died of Lukemia shortly after his birth.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

So I get it.

Consciously creating children is a bad idea.

Thanks.

No, but expecting it to be a fool-proof alternative & work lock, stock and barrel is just as foolish. Encouraging family planning in the brutish manner you are taking, while intended to be a thoughtful suggestion, ends up sounding condescending. Akin to telling clumsy people, "Hey, klutzes! Be more aware of your surroundings and stop falling on your face/injuring yourself!" Sure it may work for some, but others are still going to fall on their face. It's the nature of existence to trip you up, in all manners of planning.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA
a reply to: Annee

Nice to know. Thanks for pointing that out. If I ever quote it again, I'll be sure to use the original and give him his due. Learn something new everyday!

Thanks for accepting it in good faith.

I kinda have a thing for searching the root of stuff.

(post by LOSTinAMERICA removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

I don't have any im consciously planning it out ahead of time so I can at least have certain things in order like a stable living enviornment and having what schools I want them to attend figured out ahead of time so they go to the same school their entire lives.

I'm also planning a diet so I can maximize their health potential to the best of my ability barring any issues.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join