It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop having unplanned children

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: onequestion

what about parents with heaps of money and work all the time paying strangers to raise their kids .....where do they fall into this mix ?

If you don't think its a good idea to plan children I don't even want to respond to your post.

If you do think it's a good idea what's the best way to accomplish that and how do we make it a cultural meme?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Have you ever adopted a pet from an animal shelter? we have stricter requirements for adopting a pet than we do for having a child.
If you are going to have a child that you can`t afford to have then you have already proven that you don`t care about that child so what are the chances that the child will be raised in a caring home and taught to be respectful and moral?
I`m sure there are a lot of people who are having children who don`t even meet the requirements for adopting a pet from the animal shelter.
It`s a pretty messed up world when we put more value on the life of a cat or dog than we do on the life of a human being.
edit on 12-1-2015 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: Annee

Ok I get your limited viewpoint thanks.

Why does someone who disagrees with you have a limited viewpoint. Does anyone that does not think like you automatically get dismissed? That is OneQuestion I would like to know.

People will never stop having sex. That is a completely unreasonable expectation. We can develop technologies that can replace the need for another human in the sexual equation. Such as robots, holograms, or virtual reality. But you will never get people to stop having sex.

Now to the OP. I think all pregnancies should be planned out ahead of time for the best possible outcome. However I do not think it is really enforceable without taking some very draconian measures. The only thing we can really do is continue to educated people on birth control. Make all methods of birth control easily available. Maybe make vasectomies and vasectomy reversals more affordable. Maybe make a new economic class mandatory in high-school that deals with the modern realities of raising a family.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Let me get this strait.

You don't think its a good idea to plan children?

It's a wonderful idea to plan children, we planned our only child. From there the plans go out the window.
The idea is good on paper but not practical to implement. What youre asking requires will power, something many people lack.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

I don't care if you think its impossible to plan pregnancies.

I'm not interested in that perspective I don't work with impossibilities if that offends you then oh well.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

My Niece and her Husband are both Vegans...for the most part anyways, I've seen them eat fish (locally caught trout) and free range chicken on the rare occasion. But they have a pretty regimented lifestyle. They planned in advance and pretty much did everything in your OP, but yet my Great Nephew was still born with autism.

Thankfully it is a mild form of it, or so I am told and there are high hopes that he will adjust or even overcome it as he gets older...time will tell.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

You are preaching to the choir here never had any little # machines myself but all i see is kids having kids , and i know people who are grand- parents when they are in their mid to late thirties .

On one hand the Government tells you we are getting older as a people ,not enough children are being born to pay the pension's then you hear we do not have enough school's . hospitals, homes.etc etc

Time to play logans run

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

what about parents with heaps of money and work all the time paying strangers to raise their kids .....where do they fall into this mix ?

If you don't think its a good idea to plan children I don't even want to respond to your post.

If you do think it's a good idea what's the best way to accomplish that and how do we make it a cultural meme?

i do think it is a good idea....but like life things do not always work out as planned.....and as tardacus mentions in his post it is actually more difficult to adopt a pet than it is to have kids....

my question comes because often parents who have oodles of money do not raise their own kids and as a result the kids grow up feeling rejected and have a chip on their shoulder and will not necessarily end up being productive members of society...which i assume is the point of your thread,to breed good parents to raise their kids well and with lots of love and health.....?

i am just pointing out that rich people can plan to have kids and also plan not to raise them themselves....so the problem does not necessarily lie with unplanned kids from poor people

there are way to many factors involved to think planning a child will solve all the issues that arise
edit on 12-1-2015 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5

Time to play logans run

Wouldn't it be better to start at the other end? Like the beginning.

Along with planning children, we can plan for our own paid for retirement as well.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
It's all about having access to and using contraceptives. In this day and age they should be cheap and readily available to all.

I worry that contraceptives will lead to our extinction. Sooner or later our children will start being born sterile and all because we refuse to accept the real responsibilities and consequences of sex.

Its pathetic really.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Everything is about instant gratification.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Would people agree to mandatory, but reversible sterilization at puberty to prevent unwanted pregnancies? The reversibility would have to have ZERO qualifications for it. All the person has to do is ask and they get it reversed. Anyone who can request it, can get it. This would make it so people could screw as much as they wanted without fear of pregnancy. Then when they wanted kids they just get it reversed.

Just a thought.

Great, more policies designed to abdicate personal responsibility... just what this nation of goddamned irresponsible, feckless, dependents needs.

There's a sure fire way to prevent unwanted preganancies and stop STDS... KEEP IT IN YOUR &$%^# PANTS! And yeah, I've heard all the excuses as to why that doesn't work, but ultimately it all boils down to a total lack of self control. A character trait which used to be heralded as a wonderful thing, but which the modern dependent society views with great disdain.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Mandatory is crazy but culturally it can be seriously frowned upon by everyone and discussed in national debate.

But the rest of your post is also a point I'm trying to make but not as concise.
edit on 1/12/2015 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I still cannot get my head around the government paying people to have children and people who do not want bratz having to pay taxes to support them , i still think they got it the wrong way round

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

Have you seen Idiocracy ? The movie deals with intelligent people having less and less offspring, while the idiots reproduced at a high rate. Eventually, the world was over run by stupid people. It's a good movie. Check it out, if you haven't already. I think you'll like it.
edit on 12-1-2015 by Skid Mark because: edit

edit on 12-1-2015 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5

I still cannot get my head around the government paying people to have children and people who do not want bratz having to pay taxes to support them , i still think they got it the wrong way round

Me either. At least promoting more births.

As far as supporting society with taxes we differ there. I support more investment in living children.

I am very pro-children. That means support and care of all living children.

On the other side, I fully support all government free birth control, visectomies, and abortion to stop unwanted births and to reduce population.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

Have you seen www.imdb.com...

The movie deals with intelligent people having less and less offspring, while the idiots reproduced at a high rate. Eventually, the world was over run by stupid people. It's a good movie. Check it out, if you haven't already. I think you'll like it.

Documentary? I think you need to fix your link. Thanks: www.imdb.com...

Gonna have to watch that.

edit on 12-1-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-1-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I was unplanned. My parents were told that they could not have children so they decided to adopt. I came along a few years later, much to their surprise.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

a reply to: FyreByrd

Im not saying this should be force on anyone but it needs to be in the political conversation.

Go to Walmart you'll understand better.

I do understand and it's not only Walmart, but other places as well. And the poor care many, even privileged children, receive is awful.

You are right it needs to be a priority and it isn't because: 1) "trying to out breed the other side", 2) treating children like possessions, 3) lack of good parenting and educational role models.

The problem of having this discussion is most people think they are great parents and will defend that 'greatness' regardless of outcomes or evidence to the contrary.

Lack of respect for the sciences contributes, hate of others contributes and a general lack of respect for people all round means that meaningful discussion, even acknowledgment of this problem, is unlikely.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

I know it's a disgrace take this thread as an example.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join