It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop having unplanned children

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
A major issue were having is everyone is having unplanned children. In my opinion in the modern if you have children you and your spouse need to have a plan in place before.

Both parents should learn about diet and cleansing and spend 3 months prior to conception eating a very regimented diet. This will help to eliminate serious mental problems. This diet should then be implement in the child's life and strictly followed until later on in life, especially during the first five years.

Secondly the education of the child should be decided and agreed upon by both parents. That's a no brainer.

I also think it's important to have many discussions about methods of disciplining your children. Personally I think that both parents should be on the same page and support each other's deacisons prior to create a sense of stability at a young age.

This will help to resolve many of the issues we face today as a nation from health and development to building stronger community and family ties.

This is one of the most important topics of discussion yet one of the least talked about so please discuss.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Did you know that the birth rate has been on the decline in the US for the last 6 years?

U.S. Birthrate Declines for Sixth Consecutive Year; Economy Could Be Factor

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I'm not surprised.

With millennial buying power in the toilet non of us want to have kids.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I agree in principal. In practice, however, I don't believe it is in anyone's interest to dictate how one should plan to raise a child.

Personally, I believe a child need a 100% at home parent for the first five years, and then a parent in the home for all time outside of school. But I can't dictate that to another.

I think getting rid of the 'child' deduction would go a long way to limiting family size and encouraging actual child rearing discussions. Empowering women's sovereigncy in their own bodies and life's would contribute to child well-being as well.

Population must be addressed in a rational, non-judgmental and secular manner.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Im not saying this should be force on anyone but it needs to be in the political conversation.

Go to Walmart you'll understand better.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Would people agree to mandatory, but reversible sterilization at puberty to prevent unwanted pregnancies? The reversibility would have to have ZERO qualifications for it. All the person has to do is ask and they get it reversed. Anyone who can request it, can get it. This would make it so people could screw as much as they wanted without fear of pregnancy. Then when they wanted kids they just get it reversed.

Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
The irony here is that an unplanned child is just that. Unplanned, unexpected.

My good friend and his wife are having a child in April and it definitely wasn't planned. A lot of people have been telling her that she shouldn't have got pregnant w/o a plan and all that first. Just what someone who didn't expect that outcome loves to hear.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

If they were teaching kids to be more accountable instead of creating production line educations that would be less of a problem.

It's a cycle that perpetuates itself.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
It's all about having access to and using contraceptives. In this day and age they should be cheap and readily available to all.

Then, let's have a discussion about curbing drug and alcohol use. Two of the biggest reasons for unplanned pregnancy!

Then, let's have a talk about how to raise children, how have self confidence and self esteem. Not the new age crap, but doing esteemable things like Martial Arts and having parents and extended family involved in their lives. It takes a village to raise a child. That's one good thing that Churches do, they have that sense of community. Why can't those who are atheist or spiritual and non religious have that kind of community. hmmmm..

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Nothing is 100% safe except for abstinence, and kids don't know how to practice that.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: corvuscorrax

But that's because they thought having a pleasureBle experience was important than being responsible.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Reduce the margin for error.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I'm going to start by saying I fully support a government program for planned procreation ---- world wide.

However, how that could be implemented is a huge obstacle.

But, I do think it's time.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I was tempted to recommend abortion and or adoption but often times it's more complex than that. That and I'm not one to tell someone else their business.

They were married and are both self-sufficient so it could have been much worse.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Easier said than done.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I don't think taking the easiest way out is the answer either I think the answer is creating a culture of accountability.

Don't have sex if your not prepared to have children.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

I don't think taking the easiest way out is the answer either I think the answer is creating a culture of accountability.

What about contraception? And limiting drug and alcohol use?

link   

That's not the answer though the answer is making responsible choices.

Because people are not responsible is not a reason to expect them not to be. It needs to be unacceptable.

link   

originally posted by: onequestion

They were more prepared than most couples who choose to be sexually active.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Those are grew ideas.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join