It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop having unplanned children

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

I'm 31, with no children, and I had a vasectomy performed in 2013 because I'm very sexually active with multiple partners and I do not want to end up with an unwanted child. If a significant other and I ever decide that we want a child, there are plenty of options for adoption or sperm banks.

Can I just say thank you.

Honestly, so few men take responsibility.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: onequestion

I don't have any im consciously planning it out ahead of time so I can at least have certain things in order like a stable living enviornment and having what schools I want them to attend figured out ahead of time so they go to the same school their entire lives.

you know what that is a good plan but unfortunately there is this thing called life that somehow gets in the way of even the best laid plans....maybe one day when you get a bit older and wiser you will understand this

This is hilarious - does the mother get any say - when you've picked her out that is......

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

I don't have any im consciously planning it out ahead of time so I can at least have certain things in order like a stable living enviornment and having what schools I want them to attend figured out ahead of time so they go to the same school their entire lives.

you know what that is a good plan but unfortunately there is this thing called life that somehow gets in the way of even the best laid plans....maybe one day when you get a bit older and wiser you will understand this

This is hilarious - does the mother get any say - when you've picked her out that is......

i am not so sure that question should be directed my way......i found out the hard way it takes two to tango,my two kids are proof of this

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Answer

I'm 31, with no children, and I had a vasectomy performed in 2013 because I'm very sexually active with multiple partners and I do not want to end up with an unwanted child. If a significant other and I ever decide that we want a child, there are plenty of options for adoption or sperm banks.

Can I just say thank you.

Honestly, so few men take responsibility.

As soon as the male birth control pill is available, I know a lot of guys will be all over it.

No matter how much it costs, it's better than going through the stress of the "I'm late..." waiting game.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: Nyiah

So I get it.

Consciously creating children is a bad idea.

Thanks.

Perhaps, after consideration, in certain limited cases - yes it is a bad idea.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

We're holding out on a Cherry 2000 pleasure bot.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

i am not so sure that question should be directed my way......i found out the hard way it takes two to tango,my two kids are proof of this

I didn't mean it to be - so sorry - quotes messy. And 'it' taking two was precisely my point to our dear OP.

LOL - in the planning - all the upbringing details. You know the perfect mother (father without question is perfect), perfect home, oh and they will be perfect kids with perfect manners and grades at all ages, they'll follow orders perfectly and have no thoughts of their own.... I can see it now.
edit on 12-1-2015 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I agree in principal. In practice, however, I don't believe it is in anyone's interest to dictate how one should plan to raise a child.

Personally, I believe a child need a 100% at home parent for the first five years, and then a parent in the home for all time outside of school. But I can't dictate that to another.

I think getting rid of the 'child' deduction would go a long way to limiting family size and encouraging actual child rearing discussions. Empowering women's sovereigncy in their own bodies and life's would contribute to child well-being as well.

Population must be addressed in a rational, non-judgmental and secular manner.

Excellent ideas. I would also like to suggest that a tax break be given to people for not having children.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee

Ok I get your limited viewpoint thanks.

Statistics and life experience overwhelmingly suggest that Annee is correct: people are not going to stop having sex.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

I agree in principal. In practice, however, I don't believe it is in anyone's interest to dictate how one should plan to raise a child.

Personally, I believe a child need a 100% at home parent for the first five years, and then a parent in the home for all time outside of school. But I can't dictate that to another.

I think getting rid of the 'child' deduction would go a long way to limiting family size and encouraging actual child rearing discussions. Empowering women's sovereigncy in their own bodies and life's would contribute to child well-being as well.

Population must be addressed in a rational, non-judgmental and secular manner.

Excellent ideas. I would also like to suggest that a tax break be given to people for not having children.

Hmm - I like it.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA
Smart people, please breed. I would like more of you in the world to offset the numbers of the low IQ types. Nothing against the low IQ type. I feel with smarter people being the majority, humanity will have a chance. The average IQ types will figure it out.

Too eugenic?

Yeah, because....Ted Bundy had a really high IQ Score, As did Jeffrey Dahmer...145 I think, John Wayne Gacey was above averge in IQ ...Some of the NAZI scientists experimenting on their prisoners were very, very smart...there are some really, really smart guys in ISIS as proven by their organization and military tactics. ...See, there's a problem with that line of thinking.

What is your source for the IQs of Ted Bundy, Jeffery Dahmer, and John Wayne Gacey?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: amazing
It's all about having access to and using contraceptives. In this day and age they should be cheap and readily available to all.

I worry that contraceptives will lead to our extinction. Sooner or later our children will start being born sterile and all because we refuse to accept the real responsibilities and consequences of sex.

Its pathetic really.

What's so bad about our species doing extinct? It happens to all species and we've certainly earned it.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

a reply to: windword

No it's not unreasonable to expect people to make responsible choices.

You just said everybody is about instant gratification, thus arguing against your claim that it's not unreasonable to expect people to make responsible choices. Make up your mind.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

Have you seen Idiocracy ? The movie deals with intelligent people having less and less offspring, while the idiots reproduced at a high rate. Eventually, the world was over run by stupid people. It's a good movie. Check it out, if you haven't already. I think you'll like it.

No need to see the movie. We're living in the real world where it's obvious.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

LOL....indeed

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: jlafleur02
Maybe you should have lageslation sponsered to force plan pregnacy. How many births are planned anyways? do you know. How many kids do you have ?

You misspelled three words in a single sentence. Is that part of birth control plan of some sort?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: bitsforbytes
Funny how, for example, the bible address' all the points you mention. That there are already plans to lead a healthy life.

Plan before making love, it is called marriage. Be honest with yourself so you may choose real love for life.
Hold family oriented values.
Work hard.
Eat what God has given us. That alone would solve soooooooooooo many problems, but nooooooooo God didn't make anything and GMOs are better. Fools.

Respect your parents and elders. Help others. Share. Test everything (education and learning). It is all there for people to apply.
Nothing new under the sun.

In a free society, you have to choose what is right amongst all the garbage and clearly a lot of people don't see right from wrong. I don't see anything new in your idea except you are implying to remove the freewill part.

The Bible. LMAO.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA
a reply to: Answer

We're holding out on a Cherry 2000 pleasure bot.

LOL. SciFi fan. I love that movie.

Melanie was great.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   

a reply to: karmicecstasy

I don't care if you think its impossible to plan pregnancies.

I'm not interested in that perspective I don't work with impossibilities if that offends you then oh well.

Do you know how to read words, that are written by others besides yourself?

What I said in my post was I think it is impossible to enforce everyone to plan pregnancies. I never said I think it is impossible to plan pregnancies. I even said in my post. I think all pregnancies should be planned out ahead of time for the best possible outcome. My wife, at the time, and I, even planned out the birth of our child. In fact, I planned out my whole life.

That is why I went from being born in one of the worst neighborhoods in Chicago. To working hard to get out and live in one of the best neighborhoods. Then to the suburbs. Its why at only the age of 31, I work very little now. Its why I have so much free time to read, write, and pursue all my varied interests. Which includes browsing ATS and making this post. I worked very hard to make my life as easy as it is now. It is why I am not bitter at life.

You act like you are the first person to ever think of this stuff. Now that you have. Everyone has to agree with you. Or they are dumb. You offer no solutions about how to stop unplanned pregnancy. All you do is offer dietary advice and say people should agree about education and discipline. Everyone here, probably agrees with that. Most here said its best to plan a pregnancy but sometimes it does not work out that way. Many people have talked about lots of good ideas. All you have shown us is a superiority complex.

edit on 12-1-2015 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-1-2015 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   

a reply to: corvuscorrax

But that's because they thought having a pleasureBle experience was important than being responsible.

It's also human instinct. That's something you can't really legislate away.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join