It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop having unplanned children

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:
(post by onequestion removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

(post by onequestion removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
*** ATTENTION ***

STOP THE NIT PICKING AND BICKERING.

GET ON TOPIC

YOU WILL BE POST BANNED !!!

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Hey, my stance is with nature. It wasn't meant to be sexist or me hitting on you. It was well within the topic. Be fruitful and multiply. That's my FINAL answer.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Please show where anyone on this thread said it WASN'T a good idea to plan for children. Nobody is arguing that planning is bad. But that wasn't your approach as proven by the very title of your thread. The implication by "Stop having unplanned children" is that if your plan doesn't include a child at a specific time, you head down to the abortion clinic. That is the only way I know of to "Stop having unplanned children."
Perhaps it would be better to say that young people should plan not to live with their parents when they are above 18 years old. I seem to recall reading some of your posts where you whine about having to live with your parents at an advanced age. Didn't you have a plan? How about now? What are your plans for becoming a productive citizen who doesn't depend on parents for food and shelter?
Then, after a few years of being responsible for yourself, you might be wise enough to go about telling the rest of the world what they need to do or not do to make the world a better place. Until then, nobody is going to listen and agree with your preposterous demands to "Stop having unplanned children."

edit on 12-1-2015 by diggindirt because: clarity

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA
Hey, my stance is with nature. It wasn't meant to be sexist or me hitting on you. It was well within the topic. Be fruitful and multiply. That's my FINAL answer.

Sorry, I was just joking with you.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Why don't you directly adress one of the ideas in the OP, quote it and take the time to formulate a response in accordance with the idea present?

Since not one of you has yet to do that. At one point that's what everyone on ATS was doing.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I never meant for people to get upset with my viewpoint. I mean if you want me to agree with you just say so. okay, I guess I'll explain it all straight and forward.

The numbers of certain people on this earth are dwindling to negative results. I would love for my race to be here a 1000 years from now. I do not want the world to be one race. Not that it's a bad thing. I have some pride in my race. Can I have that pride without being offensive? So, I'm all for doing what nature intended us to do. Now if you have more children than you can afford, you're an asshole.
edit on 12-1-2015 by LOSTinAMERICA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

that would probably require a national healthcare system of some sort.

and it would be too lewd for some..

also you'd have to get the pope to endorse it, and various other religious leaders to endorse it.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

It's all good. I wasn't sure what happened. I seen a whole lot of posts deleted. At least you know my stance on it all. It might not be the one other people agree with and that's okay.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I don't have any im consciously planning it out ahead of time so I can at least have certain things in order like a stable living enviornment and having what schools I want them to attend figured out ahead of time so they go to the same school their entire lives.

you know what that is a good plan but unfortunately there is this thing called life that somehow gets in the way of even the best laid plans....maybe one day when you get a bit older and wiser you will understand this

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: diggindirt

Why don't you directly adress one of the ideas in the OP, quote it and take the time to formulate a response in accordance with the idea present?

Since not one of you has yet to do that. At one point that's what everyone on ATS was doing.

I believe I did "adress (sic)" your idea of not having unplanned children. The only method of not having unplanned children is to head down to the local abortion clinic when all the planning in the world fails. For a whole bunch of people in this world, that is not an option.
Now had you said something along of the lines of "Stop having children and expecting other people to pay for feeding, clothing and educating them." you might have gotten a different response. But you didn't say that. You painted a whole big swath of folks who have "unplanned" pregnancies as irresponsible. That is irresponsible on your part simply because you have no idea what might have caused the unplanned pregnancy or what the reaction to an unplanned child might be.
Of course it is a huge step that should be planned. But in the end, plans can go haywire, no matter how carefully crafted they might be. That school that you plan for your future children to attend all their lives could get blown away by a hurricane---or burn down due to a lightning strike. Your birth control pills could be made useless by interactions with other medications---or for no particular reason---they do fail. Life happens.
The only logical way for anyone to follow your demand---"Stop having unplanned children" is to fill the abortion clinics because that is the only logical way to stop the unplanned birth from happening. Demanding that people take such a step is arrogant. Simply because they don't come up to your standards in being able to control all aspects of their lives isn't a reason to kill their children.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
The problem is, everyone agrees with the concept of reducing unwanted births and reducing overpopulation but they always want someone else to take responsibility instead of leading the charge.

I'm 31, with no children, and I had a vasectomy performed in 2013 because I'm very sexually active with multiple partners and I do not want to end up with an unwanted child. If a significant other and I ever decide that we want a child, there are plenty of options for adoption or sperm banks.

Unfortunately, for every person like me, there are about a million who keep rolling the dice. I rolled the dice with 150-ish partners and didn't want to tempt fate any longer.

Every buddy I grew up with except for 1 have unplanned/out-of-wedlock offspring.
edit on 1/12/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: th3dudeabides

It's completely idiotic to be against planning the birth of your child.

NO ONE runs their business without a plan because of how important it is to make money yet Everyone has kids without any real plan.

What's important here?

You appear to misunderstand what constitutes a plan. Nothing - I repeat nothing ever goes according to plan. Plans require constant revising (particularly in 'business') to meet ever changing circumstances.

What's important here? Heck if I know anymore.

I've yet to read a single post that is against 'planing for children' - unless any disagreement with your defensive ramblings qualifies.

edit on 12-1-2015 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join