It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prophet Muhamad Cartoons

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Monger
a reply to: Mr Mask

The intelligent reason to draw Mohammed: to defy those who tell you that you can't. You don't need any other reason. They've proven themselves to be men out of time, with no place in our society. Right-thinking people should refuse to bow to them. Your pathetic appeasement act isn't going to fly after the events of last week.

Its intelligent to defy radicals by showing them where you live and welcoming a death sentence that they swear to issue in the next 30 years of your life? Maybe taking your family, friends or co-workers?

I see your definition of "intelligence" has been reworked by some fabricated fashion of "pride".

What you describe is stupidity...not intelligence.

Ask the dead cartoonist how smart he felt the moment the SHTF.

MM

edit on 11-1-2015 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Are you a murder provoker sympathizer? Cus the cartoonist provoked this. Intentionally. Knowingly. Humorously. With abandon and no regret...until his last moment of course.

that is a ridiculous statement ....a murder provoker sympathizer.....my god pull your head out mate.....

i find your statement as idiotic as having to change the words of bah bah black sheep to bah bah rainbow sheep....

you are sympathizing with the terrorists cause and by this very action empowering them to go even further with their hate and intolerance.....a line has to be drawn in the sand......many many people have died in wars to allow the current state of freedom we enjoy here in the west,your statements are belittling that cause and also disrespecting the death of many heroes who fought till death under the harshest of conditions for our freedom

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: MrMaybeNot

After reading through that thread I was shocked at how the original idea was quickly thrown out and replaced with casual bigotry and was allowed for 12 pages. Yeah there was a token message from SO saying anything too extreme would be removed but I seen loads. This site in the last few months is developing a mentality of hate that is stopping me from logging on as much as I used to.
edit on 11-1-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Your words make it very clear where you stand. You stand with the killers. You're disgusting. Keep talking, your words have no more meaning than the bleating of a sheep.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Correct, and the facts that we all have different beliefs such as Mohamed marrying a 6 year old would make people in our society freak! Clearly we live in a world with many very different viewpoints.

The above references are just a sample of the Islamic source material statements that Aisha was 9 when her marriage was consummated. Over and over again the great Islamic scholars state that Aisha was 9 when her marriage was consummated. No serious Muslim scholar doubts this.

www.answering-islam.org...

CX

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

What I can't do is threaten harm.

But if I carried on baiting you with cartoons of your partner.....i'd lay good money that you would eventually.

CX.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Your words make it very clear where you stand. You stand with the killers. You're disgusting. Keep talking, your words have no more meaning than the bleating of a sheep.

Yup...more provoking. Seems to be what you like.

I do not stand with the killers.

I also see the cartoonist as one of the killers.

And since you support the action he did to provoke these murders...I guess I see you as "supporting the killers" as well.

Odd how you think the guy who says "all this should stop" is the one supporting the killers...while you want to see more cartoons of Mohammed that will surely result in more killings, hate and anger.

I want peace...you want a fight over cartoons. I see dead humans. You see a chance to draw Mohammed. I want stupidity to stop. You want heaps of stupidity and demand to call it freedom.

Is it intelligent to provoke murderers?

No.

You draw Mohammed and pay the possible price. But don't expect to be called "intelligent" over that stupid action.

MM

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: CX

originally posted by: AnneeThe Mohammed cartoons did not cross any line of personal threat.

Hi,

I know it's not the best comparison, but I mentioned this in another thread....

If I know you love your partner more than anything in the world, and I know you are sensitive about anything bad being said about them.....is it ok for me to start drawing offensive cartoons about your partner?

I'll draw them maybe mocking the way they look, their size, maybe include a few offensive ones with your partner doing things with animals?

It's my freedom of speech, it's not a threat.

I keep doing it, despite the fact you keep telling me it's offensive to you. It's not to me, I think it's funny, but it's offensive to you.

I keep doing it though.

How long before you snap?

CX.

Would the comparison be more valid if you stick with religion? How many Jesus and all religion cartoons are out there? Many cartoons even make fun of the person drawing them.

If people of one of these countries burns the American flag do you feel the need to retaliate or do you think it is just the few doing it so no big deal?

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: CX

And it would be appropriate, and it would mean that nobody can draw any cartoons of anybody ever, lest somebody be offended? Sorry, that might fly in your world, but not mine.

By backing down in the face of killings and threats, those doing the killings win. I question whether that isn't exactly what those whose only response is appeasement really want.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mr Mask

I also see the cartoonist as one of the killers.

And since you support the action he did to provoke these murders...I guess I see you as "supporting the killers" as well.

Jesus Christ. You just made me physically ill.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

If the same thread was made about Jews how long would it last before being shut and labeled antisemitic?

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

a reply to: CX

And it would be appropriate, and it would mean that nobody can draw any cartoons of anybody ever, lest somebody be offended? Sorry, that might fly in your world, but not mine.

By backing down in the face of killings and threats, those doing the killings win. I question whether that isn't exactly what those whose only response is appeasement really want.

If drawing "any person" resulted in gruesome deaths often...due to a threat that can't be stopped at this time (most likely ever)- would it be smart to draw them? no. It would be stupid.

BUT that would also remove the right to draw mankind...and that would be a right worth dying for.

Dying for the right to draw a dude just to piss off some murderers is stupid.

YOU want to feel powerful and free...go ahead. Draw Mohammed. Publicly. If and when you die...I will say "there goes another stupid person who just should have not drawn Mohammed".

MM

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

How many Jews have murdered people at their office over cartoons recently? Is it less than 1?

This thread isn't about Jews. It isn't about Muslims either. Neither of those groups of people are above criticism.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I request you start "obeying" the rules of this forum. I have not reported you. But really- you are crossing the line.

Provoke, provoke, provoke. So many young males of today's western programming all LOOOOVE to provoke.

Its stupid. Just like drawing Mohammed.

100% stupid.

MM

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad

If the same thread was made about Jews how long would it last before being shut and labeled antisemitic?

There are countless threads about Jews on ATS. I have been in hundreds of them.

This is not about a race or a religion.

This is about radical maniacs killing stupid people who should have stopped to think before drawing something that resulted in the deaths of innocent people. Again...

MM

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

You mean a thread discussing Jewish beliefs? There are so many of them on here and they were not shut down?

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Report me if you feel that I've broken the rules of the forum, though for the life of me I can't see where I did. Frankly I welcome you drawing mod attention to yourself.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

How many Jews have murdered people at their office over cartoons recently? Is it less than 1?

This thread isn't about Jews. It isn't about Muslims either. Neither of those groups of people are above criticism.

Ever wonder why the South Park boys ended up not drawing Mohammed?

Smart people told them they were being stupid.

MM

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I agree ... Thing is this is not about Religion it is about murder ... Most Muslims denounce these sort of murderous acts in the name of their "Prophet"

It is saddening to see anti Muslim posts here ... and they only feed an agenda for more loss of civil liberty and fuel the fires of division ... when in truth Governments are the by far the biggest killers of ordinary people ...

edit on 11-1-2015 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Oh but it is about Muslims because you are offending any Muslim member here (and we have quite a few) if you draw derogatory pictures of Mohammad, how many terrorists will see it vs normal law abiding people of the Muslim faith? You want to offend a whole religion here on ats so you can get your jollys off "standing up" to terrorists that will never see the post, it is that kind of hate I was talking about in my first post.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join