It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prophet Muhamad Cartoons

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Monger
a reply to: Mr Mask

Report me if you feel that I've broken the rules of the forum, though for the life of me I can't see where I did. Frankly I welcome you drawing mod attention to yourself.

I don't like to report. I'm not a saint on ATS and often have to regret things I have typed. I'm thankful that ATS has a family feel to it and that the mods can and will keep peace but remain understanding.

That aside...

Let me put it as easy as I can.

If a bear is hunting you in the woods. Yes, you have the freedom to sing loudly. But that is stupid.

It is stupid to be drawing Mohammed. No matter your beliefs. And its a sad affair when innocent people have to suffer the results of these cartoons that they themselves didn't draw.

MM
edit on 11-1-2015 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mr Mask

I request you start "obeying" the rules of this forum. I have not reported you. But really- you are crossing the line.

Provoke, provoke, provoke. So many young males of today's western programming all LOOOOVE to provoke.

Its stupid. Just like drawing Mohammed.

100% stupid.

MM

Well as a Woman I feel some of the stuff they depict is an insult also. My RIGHT to feel what I want but not DO what I want.

Islamic Depictions of Mohammed

Mohammed, along with Buraq and Gabriel, visit Hell, and see a demon punishing "shameless women" who had exposed their hair to strangers. For this crime of inciting lust in men, the women are strung up by their hair and burned for eternity. Persian, 15th century.

Next, Mohammed sees women strung up by hooks thrust through their tongues by a green demon. Their crimes were to "mock" their husbands and to leave their homes without permission. Persian, 15th century.

www.zombietime.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

OMG! give it it up...What's more important...? Those who know the right to life is less sacred than an opinion in a belief... or the remainder of us, the other 7.5 billion of the human race?
Your O.K.
I'm O.K.
Wake Up.
Respects

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

One could make the argument that anything and everything provokes these extremists and thus, anything and everything should be off limits. Where some see provocation others see standing up for freedom. Today it's cartoons but tomorrow could be something else. At what point do we live our lives with the understanding that these terrorists need no provocation to commit terror?

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

Religion is filled with grotesques images and practices world-wide.

You will not find me defending the intelligence of such images or practices.

MM

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

It's only fitting that you threaten me with tattling to the mods (lol) when you so actively defend those who threaten/take lives over cartoons. Try not to emulate your heroes too closely, though. They're a little worse for wear at the moment.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

originally posted by: sosobad

If the same thread was made about Jews how long would it last before being shut and labeled antisemitic?

You mean a thread discussing Jewish beliefs? There are so many of them on here and they were not shut down?

No a thread that will attract people posting pictures spreading their hateful bile here on ats. Check out the last thread that tried this, downright hate speech that's why it was shutdown, now the OP wants to start it up again. What would happen yo me if I tried to start a picture thread lampooning any other religion? It would be shutdown and I think I would be banned.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

a reply to: sosobad

How many Jews have murdered people at their office over cartoons recently? Is it less than 1?

This thread isn't about Jews. It isn't about Muslims either. Neither of those groups of people are above criticism.

Ever wonder why the South Park boys ended up not drawing Mohammed?

Smart people told them they were being stupid.

MM

citing that they could not show an image of Muhammad, he was visible in the ending song in "I'm a Little Bit Country" and in "Super Best Friends". He is also visible in the opening crowd shot in Season Six, in addition to the last clip shown. He is also visible in the crowd shot in the episodes "Smug Alert!" to "The List".

southpark.wikia.com...

As a result of the episode "200", Trey Parker and Matt Stone have been threatened by a radical Islamic website Revolutionmuslim.com for including an image of the Prophet Muhammad in disguise.[3]

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

MM

This is true and so is comedy.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: FraggleRock

One could make the argument that anything and everything provokes these extremists and thus, anything and everything should be off limits. Where some see provocation others see standing up for freedom. Today it's cartoons but tomorrow could be something else. At what point do we live our lives with the understanding that these terrorists need no provocation to commit terror?

Directly seeking to anger radicals by pushing their buttons without hesitation or intelligence is stupid. End of story.

I do not feed into this "flag waving freedom march" people seem to adhere to when someone draws something that paints a target on innocent lives.

Its stupid to draw Mohammed.

Its stupid to give these people a clear target when knowing you are doing so.

Its stupid to want to draw Mohammed JUST to piss off maniacs.

Its as dumb as walking into a city bar and screaming racial slurs.

Just stupid.

MM

edit on 11-1-2015 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: FraggleRock

Fighting for Freedom has always been bloody.

Should we stop the fight? NO! That would be where stupid comes in.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

If the same thread was made about Jews how long would it last before being shut and labeled antisemitic?

You mean a thread discussing Jewish beliefs? There are so many of them on here and they were not shut down?

No a thread that will attract people posting pictures spreading their hateful bile here on ats. Check out the last thread that tried this, downright hate speech that's why it was shutdown, now the OP wants to start it up again. What would happen yo me if I tried to start a picture thread lampooning any other religion? It would be shutdown and I think I would be banned.

Since it is really about beliefs and about being offended I think the comparison of the many, many Palestinian vs Jew arguments on ATS is a very good comparison.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

MM

Exactly. So true.

But here is the deal...say I know YOU hate me drawing green dwarves. And I have no desire to ever draw green dwarves. AND you have a long history of killing people who draw green dwarves.

Would I be stupid to draw green dwarves?

yes...I would be.

This is not the first cartoonist to end up dead playing this whole "provoke the maniacs by drawing Mohammed" game.

All cartoonists who draw Mohammed are being stupid.

MM

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=18867153]Monger[/p

Try not to emulate your heroes too closely, though.

With respect you are way off the mark with this remark ...
Take your own advice and chill ... You make some valid points yet fail to see others ...
If you want to draw cartoons then do but for every action there are consequences ...
If you feel so passionate that drawing cartoons mocking religion is a blow for Liberty that is your choice ... But I feel there are better ways ...

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

MM

Exactly. So true.

But here is the deal...say I know YOU hate me drawing green dwarves. And I have no desire to ever draw green dwarves. AND you have a long history of killing people who draw green dwarves.

Would I be stupid to draw green dwarves?

yes...I would be.

This is not the first cartoonist to end up dead playing this whole "provoke the maniacs by drawing Mohammed" game.

All cartoonists who draw Mohammed are being stupid.

MM

Since when has harmless stupidity been a crime worthy of provoking murder?

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Since it is really about beliefs and about being offended I think the comparison of the many, many Palestinian vs Jew arguments on ATS is a very good comparison.

Tell you what, if you are do confident of it I have a challenge for you, start 2 more picture threads taking the piss out of Christianity and Judaism. Will you accept the challenge? Will any of you that thinks this is ok accept it?
edit on 11-1-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Fighting for Freedom has always been bloody.

Should we stop the fight? NO! That would be where stupid comes in.

Drawing Mohammed (or calling others to do so anonymously) is NOT even related to "fighting for freedom".

All these billions of apes on this planet have the advantage in numbers and the "free right" to rule their own lives. Yet they remain in cages and exist in chained slavery under the hooves of the powerful few.

There are countless ways WE ALL SHOULD be fighting for freedom, but we are not. We are too lazy. Too comfortable. Too afraid, confused or stupid. Fighting for freedom is NOT drawing cartoons to provoke a TINY handful of maniacs.

That's not fighting for freedom. That's stupidity.

The real fight has never even been addressed seriously...the real freedoms that need defending are not "Mohammed cartoons".

Sadly TV don't program its slaves to stand up for REAL rights and REAL freedoms.

Just cartoons and baubles.

And then we act as if we are patriots as we giggle and scribble...copy paste...click and send.

MM

link   

No, You would not be looking for green dwarves ...
You heard of selective perception?
Welcome to the rest of the world.
Respect.

link   

I find it equally stupid to cave to the will and demands of terrorists.

Simply existing is directly angering radicals by pushing their buttons. Should we cease to exist? Do you believe if we all refrain from making cartoons and remove all existing cartoons that these radicals will stop targeting innocent lives? As I said, anything and everything provokes them. They need no provocation to commit terror.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

Since when has harmless stupidity been a crime worthy of provoking murder?

How many times has drawing Mohammed been called a "crime"? Not once.

In fact- I've typed "directly to you" that it is not a crime.

But thank you for admitting it is stupid to draw Mohammed.

Sadly you still think its of the "harmless" variety.

MM

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join