It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prophet Muhamad Cartoons

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

In America white supremists have the right to express their thoughts. Yes they have the right to draw cartoons and use Swastikas.

I JUST LOVE this mentality. Not one person says it is a crime to draw Mohammed- but your type keep protesting the legal right.

This is not about legal right. This is about stupidity.

it is stupid to draw Mohammed and the only reason to do so would to be to carelessly create more conflict, anger and death.

For stupid kicks.

MM
edit on 11-1-2015 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Mr Mask

Freedom also protects the right to be stupid.

You should be thankful of that fact.

link   

originally posted by: Mr Mask

Responding to what is deemed offensive material is where the full responsibility lies. Not on the person expressing it ------ unless they cross the line of personal threat.

The Mohammed cartoons did not cross any line of personal threat.

If you do not know what depicting Mohammed "in any way" means to countless believers- and the harshness of such an act in their eyes, than you surely are typical of a young American learning of Mohammed through South Park.

"Drawing, painting, sculpting, depicting" Mohammed in any way- even politely with respect to the man- is a huge slap in the face to countless believers.

If you knew about the religion you would know that drawing Mohammed is asking for hate and death.

Do you have the right to act like a savage, conflict stirring individual for kicks? You sure do.

Is it stupid? It sure is.

End of story.

MM

The reason for them not wanting illustrations was originally to protect themselves from worshiping any human. Anyone not of their religion would not be in danger of any illistration so it makes little sense.

"It's all rooted in the notion of idol worship," says Akbar Ahmed, who chairs the Islamic Studies department at American University. "In Islam, the notion of God versus any depiction of God or any sacred figure is very strong."

Fundamentalists of Islam support the idea that any depictions of Mohammed (also spelled Muhammad) must be forbidden, but in fact such depictions had not been prohibited until the 16th or 17th century and they are never condemned in the Koran.

Many here are in museums and some are historic records some derogatory, the world can't be cleared of all the images.
facesofmohammed.ip0.eu...
edit on 11-1-2015 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: artistpoet

Where does it end through? Freedom of expression should hardly provoke such atrocity in this day of age. Just wrong if you ask me.

CX

link   

originally posted by: AnneeThe Mohammed cartoons did not cross any line of personal threat.

Hi,

I know it's not the best comparison, but I mentioned this in another thread....

If I know you love your partner more than anything in the world, and I know you are sensitive about anything bad being said about them.....is it ok for me to start drawing offensive cartoons about your partner?

I'll draw them maybe mocking the way they look, their size, maybe include a few offensive ones with your partner doing things with animals?

It's my freedom of speech, it's not a threat.

I keep doing it, despite the fact you keep telling me it's offensive to you. It's not to me, I think it's funny, but it's offensive to you.

I keep doing it though.

How long before you snap?

CX.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Who the hell are you to determine what an America thinks about or doesn't.

An observer who studies the apes around me daily as they get their "crowd-group-think" from the box I don't watch.

That's who.

MM

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

so basically you are a terrorist sympathizer...

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Why can't the the Islams' faithful express their their objections to depictions of the Prophet in a manner that does not resutt in the harming others? The Koran is awesome... loves peace and acceptance.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

Freedom also protects the right to be stupid.

You should be thankful of that fact.

Oh it sure does. But why would I be thankful for that?

I'm not stupid...and I spend every day watching the stupid breed, freed and refuse to read.

I am not thankful stupidity is honored and held with pride by the "majority of young Americans" today.

And I hope there is a shift in nation-wide intelligence and empathy very soon.

But if things like "massacres over cartoons" can't educate them enough to stop stirring avoidable the pots with MORE cartoons...I'm afraid stupidity shall continuing rising as "awesome bro".

MM

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: tiremanken

Why can't the the Islams' faithful express their their objections to depictions of the Prophet in a manner that does not resutt in the harming others? The Koran is awesome... loves peace and acceptance.

The majority of them can.

This is where many lose the plot again.

This is not about Muslim faith. MOST Muslims would never harm another over a stupid cartoon. Just like most Christians would not shoot people over abortion clinic policies.

Radicals are not the majority of the Muslim faith. The inability for many to realize this is the fuel that drives witch hunts and unethical intolerance.

MM

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: CX

originally posted by: AnneeThe Mohammed cartoons did not cross any line of personal threat.

Hi,

I know it's not the best comparison, but I mentioned this in another thread....

If I know you love your partner more than anything in the world, and I know you are sensitive about anything bad being said about them.....is it ok for me to start drawing offensive cartoons about your partner?

I'll draw them maybe mocking the way they look, their size, maybe include a few offensive ones with your partner doing things with animals?

It's my freedom of speech, it's not a threat.

I keep doing it, despite the fact you keep telling me it's offensive to you. It's not to me, I think it's funny, but it's offensive to you.

I keep doing it though.

How long before you snap?

CX.

I'm going to repeat.

There is always controversy. There will always be "button pushers". ALWAYS!!!!!!!!

The responsibility belongs to the "reactionary". The responsibility belongs to the offended.

There is free speech and then there is personal threat. A fine line, but still a line.

I am NOT required to abide by anyone's religious belief, PERIOD!!

What I can't do is threaten harm.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

so basically you are a terrorist sympathizer...

I see...you dropped that line fast enough to even make FOX News blush.

No. I am not.

I have stated many times on this site (hundreds of times) that maniacs are animals.

I do not support acts of murder...or the acts that "intentionally" provoke them.

Are you a murder provoker sympathizer? Cus the cartoonist provoked this. Intentionally. Knowingly. Humorously. With abandon and no regret...until his last moment of course.

MM

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

You make a very good point

Most people would never dream of deliberately harming others ... It is a very small minority that do so ... Such a minority exist in every walk of life be it in Religions, Governments etc ...
edit on 11-1-2015 by artistpoet because: Typo

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: CX

We only look at what we want to see... Tune out what offends or is disagreeable, and acknowledge that we all have a personal opinion.
Neither good or bad...Just thoughts!!!

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Why, exactly, should non-Muslims be beholden to Muslim law? What the hell is going on in your brain?

You can't tell, but that jolly little fella's name is Mo, and he's had sexual relations with a 9 year old. Come get me!
edit on 1/11/2015 by Monger because: (no reason given)

link   

When does the whole thing get out of hand? Is there a limit?

A British teacher in Sudan was incarcerated in November 2007 because she let her 7-year-old pupils innocently call Mohammed a teddy bear

facesofmohammed.ip0.eu...

link   

I'm going to repeat.

There is always controversy. There will always be "button pushers". ALWAYS!!!!!!!!

The responsibility belongs to the "reactionary". The responsibility belongs to the offended.

There is free speech and then there is personal threat. A fine line, but still a line.

I am NOT required to abide by anyone's religious belief, PERIOD!!

What I can't do is threaten harm.

What you don't understand is that "philosophically" I agree.

But when you "draw Mohammed" you KNOW what the reaction is. You know what the act means. You know it is dangerous and may result in murder of you and others (your family, co-workers, friends etc).

Another poster stated "how many of you would draw Mohammed" publicly?

I assure you the number would be small. And that small number would be made up of 100% stupid people.

I support you singing any song you like. But if you sing it loudly while a tiger stalks you in the jungle...I will call you stupid.

There is not one intelligent reason to draw Mohammed. Even less so with radical maniacs ready to hurt innocents around you over such.

Its stupid and its provoking/welcoming/daring hate and death.

MM

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

The intelligent reason to draw Mohammed: to defy those who tell you that you can't. You don't need any other reason. They've proven themselves to be men out of time, with no place in our society. Right-thinking people should refuse to bow to them. Your pathetic appeasement act isn't going to fly after the events of last week.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Monger

Why, exactly, should non-Muslims be beholden to Muslim law? What the hell is going on in your brain?

You can't tell, but that jolly little fella's name is Mo, and he's had sexual relations with a 9 year old. Come get me!

For the 5th time...this is not about obeying laws.

This is about being stupid.

I am an entertainer in life. I pay most my bills with entertainment. It would be STUPID of me to draw Mohammed.

Now if I did so- cus I thought it was funny or edgy- and my family or co-workers died around me. Would I feel stupid before I died? Would I regret my stupidity? Yes.

it is STUPID to draw Mohammed...and the desire to do so is also juvenile and dangerous.

No intelligent person draws Mohammed in "today's age".

MM

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

We are on the same page. How do we reconcile our differences? Through dialog.
Media, in my opinion destroys, keeps all of us at each other's throats.
Thanks to TPTB, aka the military industrial complex.
RIP me for stating the obvious ...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join