It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am proud to be a Christian Fundamentalist.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I proudly follow Jesus. I don't consider myself a fundamentalist, whatever that is, and I don't follow ANY mans interpretation. I do not 'attend' any 'church'. I do have fellowship with other people who follow Christ's teachings.

'Religion' is a creation of man, and being so is open to the evils of man, and I believe others with not the best intentions of man.

You can keep all the dogmas and people saying you have to pronounce HIS name a certain way. Or you must repent a certain way. That is all man made and made to be divisive.
Anything that comes between a personal relationship with Jesus is NOT from Him.
It used to be simple before man got involved with his, lower case h, teachings, and his ulterior motives.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Bleeeeep

I understand where you're coming from now.
Lol I could never hate my mother now, though I do get where you're coming from as when I was a teenager there were plenty of times I hated her for restricting my ability to do what I wanted.
The thing is when it comes to the subject of religion or god, there are many who are resentful & use aggressive questioning as a way of venting that resentment, but they often don't understand the person they are venting on & it is as though they see them as a symbol of all the evils religion has committed in the past, & so they speak hatefully & nastily to religious people. In my opinion I think the OP has recognised that & his stance is that he accepts himself whether others are willing to or not, & that I respect.
edit on 10-1-2015 by TheHighestNumber because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
i dont hate what i dont believe in, but i do dispise people who use religion to promote hatred do.
edit on 10-1-2015 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
No matter in what religion if you are a fundamentalist in. Do you actually know that the second definition of fundament is in the Oxford English Dictionary is? It's to do with the buttocks and anus. So really a fundamentalist believes in worshipping peoples buttocks and anuses.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

"buttocks, anus," from Old French fondement "foundation, bottom; anus" (So called because it is where one sits.), from Latin fundamentum "a foundation," from fundare "to found".

When used concerning theology, it takes the latin form moreso than the french.

Fundamentalism is a movement manifested in various denominations with various theologies, rather than a single denomination or systematic theology. It became active in the 1910s after the release of the Fundamentals, a twelve-volume set of essays, apologetic and polemic, written by conservative Protestant theologians to defend what they saw as Protestant orthodoxy. The movement became more organized in the 1920s within U.S. Protestant churches, especially Baptist and Presbyterian
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 10-1-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

If I were to say that I hated God, what would your reaction be?

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I cannot fathom any religion.

I believe in God and that he created the universe and to be honest humanity and the earth are a grain of sand on the beach in comparison and he probably doesn't even know we exist.

Let's look at the Cosmic Calendar that puts things into perspective;

Using a calendar to show the age of the universe as a year on our earthly calendar shows how insignificant we are in the bigger scheme of things.

Jesus was born 6 seconds ago, Muhammad 4 seconds ago and yet we seem to have ignored everything that has happened in previous 12 months on the calendar and kill each other for a believe system that in comparison to the age of the universe is less than ten seconds old.

IMHO as a a believer in Deism, humanity needs to move on from scripture written by shepherds and become more spiritual. When this happens we'll all get along much better.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
"What do I think about Jehovah?"

Wow...so glad you asked.

First of all, I ask..."Why in hell would you want to worship some entity such as Jehovah, as written about in the OT"?

Honestly, why do you want to worship an entity that is so full of hate, intolerance, jealously, anger, murdering, torturing...."Love me or I will burn you to a crisp" type of god?

IF, Jehovah is indeed real, and the bible is correct in it's description of him, then I simply do not believe his words.
IF he is real, then I project that the only power he really has is the collective belief that others put in him..thus his need for worship.

I do not believe that the great creator, Whoever or whatever he/she/or it may be, requires his creation for worship.

Jehovah, first of all, is unforgiving.....why not just forgive Adam and Eve in the first place? He set them up for the fall, since he allegedly knows all.

The whole premise of the religion does not make any lick of sense. And I was Pentecostal for 38 years!

The antics that Jehovah has pulled on his sinful creation are nothing that I would want to subscribe to my creator.
Why should I feel more moral than the one that I worship? I would never treat my creation as he has....allow them to exist only to burn them in hell if they don't love him back??? What's the point in hell? Other than he gets some evil kick out of treating people this way.

If I were god I would have forgiven adam and eve... simple. Why wait 4000 years to send his only son? Every story of the OT is just ridiculous if you are trying to say that Jehovah was at the stern of the ship the whole time. Unless you are talking about a 'mortal' ruler, with the common traits of humanity...which is what Jehovah is described as.

In fact, he's worse thanthe humans...So, he can't or won't forgive...then he requires a blood sacrifice of an innocent life...WHY? He likes the smell of burnt flesh..."a sweet smelling savour"...After creating all life on earth and saying that it is good, he decides that much of his creation is unclean...birds, animals, etc.

Why in hell would the creator require BLOOD? Describe the antics of Jehovah, without mentioning his name, and any one would agree that the whole set up is nothing but a blood cult...pagan...just like all the rest.

But on we go....and I'm skipping sooooo much...So, Jehovah gets tired of mankind sinning and he finds noah and lets him preach for 120 years or so, warning the people. How about the millions in China, India and all around the globe that never even heard of Noah...I guess they were just in the wrong place at the wrong time...Or god didn't care to warn them...

So, his only answer is to destroy it all and start all over again. I thought he had foreknowledge...

Onward...Lets skip over moses and the whole pharaoh scene...stupid as well...to when the children of Israel were supposed to possess the land...

God orders his children to utterly destroy the enemy...even women and children and the animals...REALLY? God places the sins of the parents on children for up to 4 generations, or something like that...Stone people, kill and destroy.

Oh, but he's too high and mighty to speak to them himself so he has to have prophets to speak for him...ridiculous.

I could go on and on, but that is just a smidgen of things I can think of about Jehovah.

Why oh why would you want to worship some "thing' like that? Just because he said so? Just because you can't think of another reason why we could exist and be living here on this earth?

Jesus may have been a good guy...I have no idea if he really existed. BUT, if he truly has the son-ship relations to Jehovah, then I don't have too much good to say about him either, as he's in on the whole thing as well. I suspect Jesus had nothing to do with the OT god...only added in later to make the whole story mesh a little better...

The whole Christian religion reeks of manmade, ungodlike actions to which I don't want any part of....regardless of how humble and meek his followers may seem.

My best guess is that he is just an entity with too much power, or technology, and is a bully to the core.

I reject it. There's so much more to our existence than this...and there's so much more knowledge to be had that will make sense out of this world and what's going on.

I want a creator that is better than man kind...not worse.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: magnison
I don't believe that the OT 'god' is actually God. It looks like a bunch of politics and war mongering that tossed 'god' into the mix in order to give themselves some kind of credibility with the peasants.

That being said ... why doesn't the real God come in and take control of the situation? Why let His name be misused so much? Does He even care?

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
a reply to: magnison

That being said ... why doesn't the real God come in and take control of the situation? Why let His name be misused so much? Does He even care?

Hmmm, good point
And I know its very hard for a person of faith to ask that question.

I'd say because god is more likely to be a substance or an IT. I suspect in reality god is actually dark matter/dark energy. Though I don't attribute the god title to it.

God AND DARK MATTER have the same explanation: GOD/DARK MAtters gravitational effects create and control visible matter, radiation, and the large-scale structure of the universe.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
what frightens me about religion (not god, not spirituality, religion) is that something could so easily convince us to forego our essential liberties or take the lives of others when we have lost so much fighting for the exact opposite. we are a democracy that spends one day every week acknowledging our allegiance to a monarchy. lolwut.
edit on 10-1-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm
There is an important difference between the two cases.
The democratic objection to subordinating ourselves to other people is that humans are equal.
But if there is a God, it would be positively absurd to imagine ourselves as equal to him, so the "equality of rights" standpoint could not apply.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
And completely oblivious to the irony of bragging about it.

Sigh...

Yea, I guess I do.....

I love Jehovah God and I worship him.

Sorry if that offends you.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

en.wikipedia.org...

Always good to know whether or not your beliefs were long ago deemed heretical, and who else shares them aye?
edit on 10-1-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Interesting outlook but I would never come between someone and their own decisions. If someone has to be forced or manipulated than that is out right wrong. I would secretly pray for that person and ask God to intervene and enlighten that person to the truth.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
Good for you deathslayer.
I'm an atheist and have little use for religion in my life, but my wife sings in the church choir every Sunday. Proudly stating your beliefs is not bragging either, it's drawing a line in the sand and saying "$&%# you! I won't do want ya tell me". you have found something to inspire you, thats something many people never find.

Well thank you and with respect,

God bless you.

Believe it or not did you know that miracles come quicker to those who do not believe than to believers? Pretty shocking, huh? What better way to convert a non believer wouldn't you say?

God has plans for all of us and he has not given up on those who disbelieve. He loves you just as much as a believer.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

originally posted by: NthOther
And completely oblivious to the irony of bragging about it.

He's in good company, though;
"For I am not ashamed of the gospel; it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who has faith". Romans ch1 v16

Blessings from heaven fall upon you,

God bless you.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

I pray to Heaven daily...and I know my prayers are heard. Angels have and do appear to me from time to time...it is very comforting.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColCurious

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

Lets make this for the record. Be clear about how you feel about God [...]

I don't feel anything about a concept I don't believe actually exists.
Why would I ?

I believe in the concept of freedom of religion though - but only within a secular state and society.

Religion has no place in politics (or even education/schools) and religious zealots, fanatics and radicals should be ostracized and banned - no matter if Christians, Muslims or whatever religion.

I believe soon your wishes will come true. People in the western world are becoming more and more impatient with religious people and I believe soon Christianity will be banned in the public. Actually I read an article the other day where a man was arrested for reading the bible in a city park..... somewhere in the U.S. and a teacher was recently fired in the U.S. for giving a student a bible...... and the student asked for one. In some countries it is already illegal to hold Christian meetings inside your home.

I would not be surprised if Christianity will be banned and illegal in many western governments which I believe will occur within the next few years.... maybe by 2020 and I look forward to it, do you know why? This will separate the "true Christian" from the false ones who parade around as one.

To my brothers and sisters - keep the faith and mature quickly - your faith will be tested.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Very well written and I agree. Unfortunately there are many apostates within the church both as leaders and some of its followers. IMO I believe they are there for a reason.

Today it is difficult to find a church where the Holy Spirit resides but they are out there!

Beware of false teachers and there are many out there!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join