It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am proud to be a Christian Fundamentalist.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

originally posted by: Expat888
Have neither need nor use for any religion... its an instrument of oppression .. control .. used to justify cold blooded murder of anyone who doesnt believe in a groups particular superstition.
primitive.. barbaric.. bloodthirsty superstition that should have been left behind centuries ago..

Well that's brilliant. Likewise, do you not own a hammer since sometimes people have used a hammer to murder other people?

Throughout history religion.. in particular the abrahamic religions have caused more death and bloodshed than anything else.. even today people are butchering each other over whose figment of the imagination is better.

People have been abusing religion even in the Bible. Jesus condemned them as not of God and their father being the devil. It's not any type of new concept. The enemy seeks to kill and destroy and the best way to do that is to hide his nature of a wolf with the skin of a sheep.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

Lets make this for the record. Be clear about how you feel about God [...]

I don't feel anything about a concept I don't believe actually exists.
Why would I ?

I believe in the concept of freedom of religion though - but only within a secular state and society.

Religion has no place in politics (or even education/schools) and religious zealots, fanatics and radicals should be ostracized and banned - no matter if Christians, Muslims or whatever religion.
edit on 10-1-2015 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ZeroReady

Nearly any conversation with a local here quickly devolves into prejudice rhetoric.

So you can assume they aren't Christians then. Jesus said by their fruits you will know them, that a good tree doesn't produce evil fruit. And that anyone who doesn't have love for his brother isn't of God.

Why do you insist on judging a religion by it's apostates?

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

I believe that something designed us and that people of old knew more of the truth of that than we do. Since their comprehension and vocabulary skills were less than ours are now, they were limited in how they could express those truths for future generations. I believe that our current dependence on their limited understanding of a complex issue is what holds us back from evolving as much as we can. And could have through the years.

I also believe that religious leaders through the generations have purposely kept the limited interpretations as they are so we, the people, are kept in the dark as to the true nature of all things created/designed. Either that, or they don't know any better either.

This belief I have is why I abhor religion and feel sorry for those under its intellectual yolk.

So yes, I believe in a creator, or designer if you will, but I'm not about to go and put a name on it, like God, so I can better relate to it. I'm not so egotistical that I feel the need to understand that which designed me.

So go ahead friend, do "the best you can" to live under your belief system. I'm going to strive to be a better person everyday because of my belief system.

While people like you and your future generations are existing, people like me and our future generations are evolving.

Have a nice day.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
"Christian Fundamentalism is a conservative movement within American Protestantism that aims to uphold traditional Christian beliefs in the face of many modernist challenges."

My problem as a Christian lies within what developed and has come to be known as traditional Christianity . The word Christian for example was a word created by someone secular and did not come from any of the original group that wrote the bible .It is a word I will and most Christians will gladly wear though . The word Fundamental speaks more to the basic core essential's of the faith then it does traditions, Today's traditions of describing a church as a literal building has no biblical foundation . The fact of the matter was that 2 or more Christians met some where ( in a building,in a house) and it was the believers that constituted a Church .The Church never existed in any one place or time. What can exist is a Church with many members who are not part of the Church at all .Just like there are true believers and false believers there can be a true Church and a false Church . There can be a true Church with false believers and a false Church with just one believer . Where two or more (believers) are gathered together in My name ,there I am in their mists .

My experience is that there are many Christians and none Christians who do not understand the basic fundamental meaning of the word Church because it is buried within tradition . The fact that a Church can have a non believer teaching a group of Christians does nothing to solve some of the fundamental issues . The Gospel message is clear and fundamental to the faith . I will say there for that I am fundamentally but will not wear the name of a Christian Fundamentalist . I love my Lord God and Savior and all of His creation but especially the house of faith ,which is The Church . a reply to: DeathSlayer

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I have no reason to believe that any gods exist, therefore i have no hate for them. It's like asking you if you hate the boogy man. Likewise, i have no problem telling people that they also have no good reason to believe in any gods, just like you would tell your children not to believe in the monster under their beds.

What i do have a problem with are those who spend their time trying to propagate this mass delusion. Especially those who teach these fairy tales to children as if they are real. Or that a god is watching them, judging them, and that they will be rewarded/punished as it sees fit. All religions teach fear. Be good or else.

To me, religion and similar ideas are the monster under the bed. They teach false hope, and false consequences.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Be clear about how you feel about God, if you hate him say it and stick to your guns and be proud, it you don't believe he exist then say it....

Why would you ask people to say that and be proud about it?

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Yea. I have never met anyone who believes in gods and actually hates them. Thats pretty rediculous.

a reply to: Bleeeeep

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Even still... he supposedly believes in God, and yet he wants people to say they hate God, and he wants them to be proud of it.

Something doesn't seem right.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

He is saying that if you believe something, stand up & say it, don't hide or be dishonest about what you think just because others may lambaste you for doing so.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

I am not ashamed for my beliefs and see no reason to hide how I feel about my religious beliefs.

Neither am I but I don't feel I need to announce it to the world.....(OK ATS a bit of an exaggeration)

So how do you feel about YWYH (Jehovah) God?

There is no God. God exists in the mind of the weak who need a crutch to lean on. You did ask!

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TheHighestNumber

Yeah, I get that, but I don't think that someone who follows God would ask you to say you hate God and be proud.

The typical followers behavior would be to try to get people to love God, not pronounce your hatred for him.

No one was thinking "wtf" when they read that, huh?
edit on 1/10/2015 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Interesting thread.

Because I live in the "bible belt", I keep it to myself that I have issues with Christian beliefs. Mainly, I'm not sure that Jesus is as he is depicted in the new testament. I tend to feel that the bible is a re-hash of much older myths and stories. Therefore, when people out here take every word literally, I wonder if they realize that it has been translated and twisted, not to mention the fact that a lot of what Jesus supposedly said and did was written hundreds of years after his death....kind of like me writing about everything George Washington said and did right now, based on verbal tales passed down over the generations.

Having said that, I feel quite spiritual. I KNOW there is life after death. I'm just not into religion. The first 18 years of my life were spent going to church a minimum of 3 times a week. It taught me that anything that people get their hands on becomes a screwed-up mess. I have found and felt God in many places on this earth, but NEVER in a church.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I love HIM.

Now, I have a question for you. What do you see when you think of heaven?
edit on 10-1-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Proud to be a fundamentalist, eh. Lets look at those traditionalist beliefs, shall we?

You believe:
Unless one accepts Christ as lord and savior of his life, as prescribed in the bible, they are going to hell, and eventually to the lake of fire, where they will be tortured eternally. (Unless you are one of THOSE who doesn't believe Jesus own words, and thinks it's just eternal separation).

you have been commanded by Christ to preach the "gospel" to "every creature", and to "compel them" to come in.

homosexuality is a sin, and those who practice it, will not go to heaven, and cannot be Xtian, as long as they do. They must repent of it, and accept Christ.

all other religions, and spiritual practices apart from the bible and Xtianity, are wrong, and they are all destined for eternal damnation unless they repent and follow Christ only.

the bible should be taken literally, and is the inerrant word of god. (KJV only by any chance?)

in the laying on of hands, speaking in "tongues", and the "gifts of the spirit".

that women are to be in submission(obedient) to their husbands, "as the church is to Christ".

Shall I go on? Are you sure you're really a fundamentalist, and proud of it?

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

He wasn't trying to get people to hate god though, he was saying that if you do hate god, then be honest about it. His point was to be honest about your beliefs whatever they are. Yes I agree most christians wouldn't say something like that but I don't think we are dealing with your regular, run of the mill christian here, this one is more accepting of the beliefs of others by the looks of it.
edit on 10-1-2015 by TheHighestNumber because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I am not a believer.

yet i do not feel the need to attack those who have beliefs.

i wish we all had a little more respect for each other.

there will always be those who hurt or kill in the name of religion.

it doesn't give anyone the right to start attacking a whole religion.

most people use religion as a comfort, to seek strength. this really is why most take part in a religion. think about that.

the most important thing on this planet at this time is respect for each other.

do not get drawn into the hate that is trying to infect the human race.

love you all

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Often I see many here on ATS complaining about religion but very few coming "out of the closet" and totally denying the existence of God and their hate for him (there are only a few) instead they blame God for the world's problems and that is as far as they dare to venture in blaspheming him.

If something doesn't exist you can't hate it. You can't hate something you don't believe exists so nobody can "come out" as both denying the existence of God while also hating him. Only someone who believes in God can hate or love him.

So lets do this....... Lets make this for the record. Be clear about how you feel about God, if you hate him say it and stick to your guns and be proud, it you don't believe he exist then say it.... that you reject him and if you love him then say it and praise him.

Again, you can't reject something that isn't real. That is like saying you reject Santa Claus. No. He's not real so there is nothing to reject or accept about him is there??

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TheHighestNumber

It will cause those who are remotely resentful, or questioning, to muster that resentment and make it more real.

e.g. Think of that time when your mother was mean to you, feel that pain, hate her! Let me hear you say you hate her!

You have to watch these people man.

And I, of course, don't want you to dredge up any ill feelings towards your mom - it was just an example - don't actually do it.
edit on 1/10/2015 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Often I see many here on ATS complaining about religion but very few coming "out of the closet" and totally denying the existence of God and their hate for him

If someone denies the existence of God, how can they hate him? Seems you are very confused about how others feel. Maybe you should keep to expressing your OWN feelings and let others express theirs.

We are not here to judge one another but to correct one another by using the fruits of the "Holy Spirit" with love, patience and understanding not with hate, anger, brainwashing etc....

Now, how to you "correct" others? Why do you insist that others live by YOUR beliefs? And if you think you haven't been "brainwashed" into believing the way you do, I don't really know what to say. That's what religion is, IMO. These posts (by Expat888 and windword)have already covered my feelings well:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Be clear about how you feel about God, if you hate him say it and stick to your guns and be proud, it you don't believe he exist then say it.... that you reject him and if you love him then say it and praise him.

I have seen PLENTY of people say how they feel about it. No one's been hiding their feelings around here. No one's in a closet. I don't believe in the biblical God. No hatred (I may as well hate the Easter Bunny). I'm neither proud nor ashamed of my feelings. And you can't "reject" something you don't believe is real.

You have some strange ideas about "hatred" and "rejection" in something one doesn't even believe exists...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join