It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am proud to be a Christian Fundamentalist.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

I'm not missing anything. You are ignoring the Sovereignty of God. We are angry when other men like us tell us what to do, it's the height of arrogance to believe that the Sovereign Creator of the universe has no right to tell us what to do. It's His universe. He made it and us and therefore he gets to make the rules. Do you have children? Don't you have the right to make the rules of your own home?

the very second other intelligent beings become a part of your universe, the very second you allow that, you forfeit your right to do whatever the hell you want, especially if doing whatever the hell you want fails to consider the rights and desires of those other intelligent beings. if you dont want to play nice, fine. then dont play with them at all.

in case thats too complicated, i will simplify it: your ownership of a restaurant, a clothing shop, a planet, a galaxy, or a universe does not entitle you to be a racist, sexist, homophobic narcissistic bigot. or more accurately, it does not entitle you to impose your racist, sexist, homophobic narcissistic bigotry on those who did not ask for it. i.e. those who did not ask to be born, or did not ask to be born on planet earth. it does not entitle you to anything except the responsibilities of productively and considerately managing that restaurant, shop, planet, etc.

if a newspaper reporter can be fired for racism, what do you get when you stand by and watch six million innocent people be rounded up and slaughtered in your name?

and lets not forget this:

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
He's a psychopath

edit on 12-1-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

the very second other intelligent beings become a part of your universe, the very second you allow that, you forfeit your right to do whatever the hell you want, especially if doing whatever the hell you want fails to consider the rights and desires of those other intelligent beings.

So when I said:

You are ignoring the Sovereignty of God.

You should have simply said, "yes I am".

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

exactly the same way i dont raise my glass when someone says "god save the queen".

the assumption you are making here is that "supreme power" and "supreme authority" are the same thing. another assumption you are making is that putting or leaving "supreme power" in the hands of one individual is an intelligent decision.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
another assumption you are making is that putting or leaving "supreme power" in the hands of one individual is an intelligent decision.

It's not intelligent to do so to any being in the universe that IS NOT God. Let Him be the exception to the rule, He alone is God, and is the only exception. You are more than welcome to reject the Sovereignty of God, you surely are not alone, but don't candy coat it. Be a man, just simply say "I don't believe a god should be sovereign over his creation." But it's stupid to compare a Sovereign God to a sinful fellow man who is assuming the authority of God by fiat or force.

the assumption you are making here is that "supreme power" and "supreme authority" are the same thing.

No I'm not, omnipotence and sovereignty are two different attributes of God.

edit on 12-1-2015 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

It's not intelligent to do so to any being in the universe that IS NOT God.

in my opinion that is a ridiculous condition. as though simply by being god he is automatically worthy. no, i dont believe in that nonsense.

You are more than welcome to reject the Sovereignty of God, you surely are not alone, but don't candy coat it. Be a man, just simply say "I don't believe a god should be sovereign over his creation."

thinly veiled condescension aside, you misunderstood what i am saying.

i dont believe a god should say "my way or death". that is quite literally what a tyrant says. or more accurately, i feel people are terribly misguided to place their faith in such an entity. you may as go to a loan shark for life insurance.

maybe something like "if you dont like my universe and my rules, here is a completely free one-way ticket to a dimension where you will NOT be punished for rejecting me. in fact, you will be free to lead a productive and happy existence without my influence, although you will be subject to the authority of someone who isnt me." thats what i would expect from someone who isnt a complete psychopath.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

in my opinion that is a ridiculous condition. as though simply by being god he is automatically worthy. no, i dont believe in that nonsense.

Fair enough, and that is YOUR RIGHT. So just simply say:

"I reject the Sovereignty of God."

i dont believe a god should say "my way or death". that is quite literally what a tyrant says.

God is NOT only love, He is also righteous, holy and just.

maybe something like "if you dont like my universe and my rules, here is a completely free one-way ticket to a dimension where you will NOT be punished for rejecting me. in fact, you will be free to lead a productive and happy existence without my influence, although you will be subject to the authority of someone who isnt me."

We are created in His image. Happiness, hope, love et cetra is from God. Hell has none of those because God has completely removed Himself from there. You can't have some of God and reject other parts of God. It doesn't work that way, either you want Him and all that comes from Him or if you don't want Him He will removed everything from your eternal existence that is of Him.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

stockholm syndrome. "my husband beats me because i deserve it!"

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Try again, you cannot cherry-pick the attributes of God. He isn't only good and love, He is also Holy, Righteous and Just. He is also wrathful against all sin.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

Try again, you cannot cherry-pick the attributes of God. He isn't only good and love, He is also Holy, Righteous and Just. He is also wrathful against all sin.

i also feel that sin should be redefined in a court that is not comprised exclusively of the one and only. feels kind of like a rigged game there.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

i also feel that sin should be redefined in a court that is not comprised exclusively of the one and only. feels kind of like a rigged game there.

YES! It is absolutely a "rigged game", He is God and no one else is. There is no debate in His courtroom. He is the Judge, the jury, and the prosecutor. You're right back to the rejection of the Sovereignty of God. Just equivocally come out and say "I reject the Sovereignty of God! I feel he should have no authority over my life." Just come out and say it and we can move on.

Fair enough, and that is YOUR RIGHT. So just simply say: "I reject the Sovereignty of God."

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I take your point and agree with it but that's not the Stockholm Syndrome you're describing.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I'll come out and say that you, not God, are the one saying it, there being not an iota of testable evidence that said God even exists.

YES! It is absolutely a "rigged game", He is God and no one else is. There is no debate in His courtroom. He is the Judge, the jury, and the prosecutor. You're right back to the rejection of the Sovereignty of God. Just equivocally come out and say "I reject the Sovereignty of God! I feel he should have no authority over my life." Just come out and say it and we can move on.

Fair enough, and that is YOUR RIGHT. So just simply say: "I reject the Sovereignty of God."

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
So lets do this....... Lets make this for the record. Be clear about how you feel about God, if you hate him say it and stick to your guns and be proud, it you don't believe he exist then say it.... that you reject him and if you love him then say it and praise him.

Let all those in heaven and hell see this record.

So how do you feel about YWYH (Jehovah) God?

Funny that you would ask a world existing in hate, if they hate something they don't even know, or know to be true? See the irony? See the truth?

Let me say, that a person who harbors hate, no matter if they are athiest or religious, uses hypocrisy and falsification to manipulate every name of good. Because the person who harbors hate picks different negative instants of reality to accuse of peaceful people, and each time the peaceful truth speaks truth of the instance, which is positive, and the hateful person will not regard and keep picking new outcomes to assume and accuse that are negative, if the peaceful person had time they would keep having to stay there and tell the truth of each instance pertaining to reality instead of the negative conjecture proven false each time, and like a cycle, every time the hateful person says 'Oh, sorry I may have been proven wrong in my attempt to assume the truth is negative, let this be another example of how you are not right, and that I am right in the conjecture that you have done something negative, or someone has done something negative because of you.

We talk about religion and gospel, this is the truth, the truth in which is ignored completely by the modern world: To Do Any Small Thing As To Show That You Do Not Love Your Neighbor, Is To SIN. We ask, 'Who is living in sin?' I am telling you that it is extremely easy to live in sin because the moment you regard your neighbor in negativity is the moment you are sinning. To be frustrated with someone is a sin. To be angry with someone is a sin. It is the act of human nature to learn from their counter parts, not from verbal communication but action, and when everybody teaches each other to sin in the world, it correct that the whole world is living in sin.

Which gets us to the central point of the subject. (Sorry for writing so long, I have thrown many members off simply because the length of my posts.) I had to question my own religion. Because if I am a soul of love, how I am not to question if the world loves me? Or how am I not to question if the church loves me? Since I cannot be a part of every church. So in questioning, I venture onto the years with the idea, that I will learn from people based on what they tell me. They said 'If you don't love yourself, then the world will not love you.' So then you venture onto the years loving yourself and it doesn't change your perception. Ok, at this point that was a waste of time, let us learn from not what people say, but learn from how they act. Let us just examine what people do, and why they do it. Let us become a watcher. Let us forget about words and study how languages came to be. Let us forget about what people tell us and look in there eyes to see if we can identify any body language movements of fear to determine if they are lying or not. Let us prove that the people who taught us things are indeed hypocrites, and let us understand body language being the loudest form of communication by far.

Then you really see the hate. You really see the hypocrisy. Not only do you realize that what they told you was a lie, but you understand that what they told you truly could not have ever been farther away from the blessed truth. You see the reasons for why they hate, for the reason of walking in shoes. You see the reason why they do not care, for their own pride and consumed them to the point of looking at suffering as if it was not there, like it was see through. You see these actions by all, even the people that go to church.

You see wars fought by religions the near east, you see people bowing down to animals in the east, and you see people worshipping teachers in the far east. it is this worshiping of teachers that I think is the meaning of religion. I believe the Jesus meant his church to be of that - his teachings, and not false miracles or magic of paganism. I had to learn the reason why lies were put into the bible, I already knew that 90% of the world acted how I described above so I didn't care about their zeal of hypocrisy.

This is how I was led to the Way. I believed in worldly religion for many years before I discovered the Way. The Way is communicated by The One like with Moses. A lot of people, like those mentioned above, will slander the Way, but if you do you diligence, again it will be found and it will be confirmed.

Ancient Judah tried to bring out this Way and make it known to the world because they knew their own world was coming to an end. In the process of this happening, Paul, the false apostle and antichrist, was successful in his efforts to bring about a religion based on the makings of ancient Judah. Little remembered the murder that took place from Paul's brigade to the immediate followers of Jesus, does that make sense? I am telling - they were smart in their craft, of writing those things, but were they master minds as in they can not be caught? No.

So when it comes to the Truth, and the Way, you have some practices that went into the Islam, and you have some practices that went into Christianity, but there is certainly no division in the Way, it contains those practices and many more.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   

I reject the claim that gods exist. Plain and simple. You are the one making up properties for an imaginary god which you've never seen.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

I'll come out and say that you, not God, are the one saying it, there being not an iota of testable evidence that said God even exists.

Apparently, my response didn't show up in the first post. I reject your claims due to lack of testable evidence.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   

It's not oppressive. You have a choice. I chose HIM, you chose self. Freewill is yours and mine to choose however we will.

No one forces either of us.. that is the beauty of it all.

What neither of us get, is to make all the rules since we are not God. But we do get to choose whether or not we want to follow them. Which is nice of a sovereign entity - when HE could force us all against our will, HE chose to pick only those who in turn want HIM freely.

edit on 13-1-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

I reject the claim that gods exist. Plain and simple. You are the one making up properties for an imaginary god which you've never seen.

The premise of this OP already assumes He exists for sake of debate. Start a new thread challenging the existence of God, but here that statement is off topic. See the OP in the stickied thread titled "All Members Please Read" in this forum.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

The premise of this OP already assumes He exists for sake of debate. Start a new thread challenging the existence of God, but here that statement is off topic. See the OP in the stickied thread titled "All Members Please Read" in this forum.

No it doesn't and no, it's not off topic to suggest that there is no god.

From the OP:

I am not ashamed for my beliefs and see no reason to hide how I feel about my religious beliefs.

-----------------------------------------------

So lets do this....... Lets make this for the record. Be clear about how you feel about God, if you hate him say it and stick to your guns and be proud, it you don't believe he exist then say it.... that you reject him and if you love him then say it and praise him.

Let all those in heaven and hell see this record.

So how do you feel about YWYH (Jehovah) God?

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

It's not oppressive. You have a choice. I chose HIM, you chose self. Freewill is yours and mine to choose however we will.

not exactly. i choose not to prioritize what is effectively an absentee father who may or may not exist above myself outright.

you are right. it is a matter of personal choice. but someone started a discussion about their personal choice on this site and invited criticism. who am i to refuse such an offer.

What neither of us get, is to make all the rules since we are not God. But we do get to choose whether or not we want to follow them. Which is nice of a sovereign entity - when HE could force us all against our will, HE chose to pick only those who in turn want HIM freely.

the rules touted by modern Religion™ strike me as more self-serving than altruistic. they reflect 3 things:

1. god likes toys.

2. god loves worship.

3. god doesnt like his toys to break (unless he is doing the breaking) because broken toys cant worship.

four whole commandments dedicated to himself. instead of clarifying for the slower masses exactly what we are/are not allowed to do to each other. were it me, i would much prefer to leave the instructions anonymous if it means i can be clearer on the whole "dont be an asshole" thing. then again, if i were god, i would be like, "hey, i can just turn the moon into a puppet and make it do angry faces and growl whenever people do something bad. explain THAT, science!"

edit on 13-1-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
The term "Christian Fundamentalism" has many connotations. There was a movement in the 19th century that defined this term, but I know some other Christians who use is as saying "going back to the basics" of Christianity. There are also others who see the term as a connotation for Christians that judge. Which term are we talking about here?
Christian fundamentalism

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join