It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am proud to be a Christian Fundamentalist.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bleeeeep
a reply to: Woodcarver

Even still... he supposedly believes in God, and yet he wants people to say they hate God, and he wants them to be proud of it.

Something doesn't seem right.

What is it that you don't understand?

Yes or NO - do you understand that?

Love or hate - do you understand that?

I am not saying to hate God ONLY if you do hate him and if so then say it. Go on record and say what you believe in.

I also said if you love God then say it.

What's so hard to understand about that?

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

originally posted by: Bleeeeep
a reply to: Woodcarver

Even still... he supposedly believes in God, and yet he wants people to say they hate God, and he wants them to be proud of it.

Something doesn't seem right.

What is it that you don't understand?

Yes or NO - do you understand that?

Love or hate - do you understand that?

I am not saying to hate God ONLY if you do hate him and if so then say it. Go on record and say what you believe in.

I also said if you love God then say it.

What's so hard to understand about that?

Go on record?
I'm sorry, for what purpose? Is there a specific record I should access so I know God will see if I love or hate him?

Is that all that's required of a fundamentalist?

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: FissionSurplus
Interesting thread.

Because I live in the "bible belt", I keep it to myself that I have issues with Christian beliefs. Mainly, I'm not sure that Jesus is as he is depicted in the new testament. I tend to feel that the bible is a re-hash of much older myths and stories. Therefore, when people out here take every word literally, I wonder if they realize that it has been translated and twisted, not to mention the fact that a lot of what Jesus supposedly said and did was written hundreds of years after his death....kind of like me writing about everything George Washington said and did right now, based on verbal tales passed down over the generations.

Having said that, I feel quite spiritual. I KNOW there is life after death. I'm just not into religion. The first 18 years of my life were spent going to church a minimum of 3 times a week. It taught me that anything that people get their hands on becomes a screwed-up mess. I have found and felt God in many places on this earth, but NEVER in a church.

I am glad that you have felt the presence of God .. it's a great feeling isn't is? I am glad you understand that there is life after death. You know this because it has been revealed to you. I like your attitude. Keep searching and don't be so quick to reject any info without meditation, fasting and prayer - this will always lead you to the right answer.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
a reply to: DeathSlayer

I love HIM.

Now, I have a question for you. What do you see when you think of heaven?

AMEN!!

You know I started typing what I see in heaven and stopped and erased it. I think this might be something you will want to U2U me. And I would love to hear from you.

I can't wait.

God bless you

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I am a Christian who believes that God said marriage is between a man and a woman and Jesus backed that. No matter what my other beliefs are. No matter that I haven't set foot in a church in 20 years. No matter that I play video games and listen to metal. This one thing makes me a fundy.

These days. Pretty much just being willing to admit to your Christianity makes you a fundy really.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

No, I was asking for what you personally see in your mind when you think of heaven. It was not a personal thing related to myself, it was just a question on open forum.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I will always stand by the words of YHWH! I am one also!! And proud to be one! S&F

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Okay, I'll play, even though pride is hardly what I would call a useful emotion for a Christian. Pride and being unashamed are two distinct, and different things.

I am a Christian, no more, no less. Jesus is the Son, and Word of God, the Father.

Acknowledging this should not indicate that I'm weak-minded (as some have stated in this thread), but rather that I'm willing to accept that there is one who is greater than I am.

Sin is sin, and that includes a wide variety of common behaviors. As a Christian, I know that I am no better than an adulterer, a homosexual, a liar, a thief, a murderer, a rapist, or any other descriptive term for someone's activities. How do I know this? Because I am a sinner, and all sin is wrong before God.

A large part of being a Christian is recognizing that you have not only screwed up, but that you will continue to do so. Your efforts to avoid screwing up, admitting the wrongness of your actions, and trying to stop them, are the result (at least in Earthly terms) of becoming a Christian. Feeling superior to others is in no way 'Christian'.

Nothing we do will save us, or make us 'better' than anyone else; only Christ can save us, and as for being 'better', there's no such thing.

None of us deserve his grace.

For those of you that do not believe in God, Jesus, or any of the accompanying concepts, have at it, it's your life, but that doesn't make you any better a person than the rest of us.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I think Dionysus was pretty cool however I don't think he was or is as real as any other god.

Do you think Dionysus is real?

Do you love or hate him?

I am not saying to hate or love him just go on record and say what you believe.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

There is an important difference between the two cases.
The democratic objection to subordinating ourselves to other people is that humans are equal.
But if there is a God, it would be positively absurd to imagine ourselves as equal to him, so the "equality of rights" standpoint could not apply.

if there were a loving and benevolent god, it would be positively absurd to imagine him treating us as anything less than his equals.
edit on 10-1-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

"As a Christian, I know that I am no better than an adulterer, a homosexual, a liar, a thief, a murderer, a rapist..."

This is my problem with Christianity. Just because you don't think you're any better than those things doesn't mean I think I'm a better person than you. I think you're wrong to put yourself on that level because a belief tells you to, though.

Id say it's pretty easy to live life without any sin. Maybe you're just a bad person.
I mean bad at being a person.
edit on 10-1-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-1-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm
But we would still not BE equals.
And perhaps his definition of "loving" doesn't coincide with yours.

edit on 10-1-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn
Id say it's pretty easy to live life without any sin. Maybe you're just a bad person.

Interestingly enough, you just sinned. Perhaps it's not so "easy" after all?

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I think I would have had more respect for the answer "To exist as human is to sin."

I'm sure I'll regret asking, but how exactly did I sin?
By assuming I don't sin? By truly believing my claim that I have never sinned? By sarcastically calling you a bad person? By exhibiting sarcasm in general? Or by not believing some long term conditioned ideology about what it means to sin?

Ah, you're right, all of the above.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn

I think I would have had more respect for the answer "To exist as human is to sin."

I'm sure I'll regret asking, but how exactly did I sin?
By assuming I don't sin? By truly believing my claim that I have never sinned? By sarcastically calling you a bad person? By exhibiting sarcasm in general? Or by not believing some long term conditioned ideology about what it means to sin?

Ah, you're right, all of the above.

Since you've obviously chosen to have a battle of rhetoric, and sarcasm, I'll save you that "regret". This thread was clearly meant to have members 'man-up', and openly state their stance on God, rather than arguing about it.

Having made my initial statement, I will now step back, and let the thread take its course.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
a reply to: FlyersFan

en.wikipedia.org...

Always good to know whether or not your beliefs were long ago deemed heretical, and who else shares them aye?

Who gives a # whether or not one's belief is deemed heretical. It isn't up to some random authority to say what can and cannot be believed by an individual. There are sound reasonings to question the differences between the OT God and the NT God. Just as there are sound reasonings to question Paul the apostle, his teachings, and other facets of Christianity. Considering the subject matter and the amount of denominations within the overall religion, i would welcome being called a 'heretic'.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Sorry but you have misquoted the bible and its teachings:

You believe: Unless one accepts Christ as lord and savior of his life, as prescribed in the bible, they are going to hell, and eventually to the lake of fire, where they will be tortured eternally. (Unless you are one of THOSE who doesn't believe Jesus own words, and thinks it's just eternal separation).

That is NOT what the bible teaches. There is no torture for "eternity". The LAKE OF FIRE means the second death - eternal death. This is where the spirit dies and is destroyed..... in the Lake of Fire. So please get this right. I have seen you mention this before and I am surprised no one has corrected you on this.

Since I have shown you your first error and spreading lies why should I continue? Because it is my hope you will see that God loves you and hopes you will join him when the times comes.

you have been commanded by Christ to preach the "gospel" to "every creature", and to "compel them" to come in.

This is true. The messiah has come and fulfilled prophecy and to those who reject the Gospel message - then I shake the dust from my shoes and leave that person alone. We do not force feed anyone that rejects the message and anyone that does is wrong.

homosexuality is a sin, and those who practice it, will not go to heaven, and cannot be Xtian, as long as they do. They must repent of it, and accept Christ.

According to the teachings of the bible homosexuality is a sin. If you disagree then you disagree with God. I am obliged to follow the teachings of the bible. I condemn no man to heaven or hell. This is not my job. Many search out the faults found in the bible but have overlooked the message it teaches. The bible is just as valid today as the day the books inside the bible were written.

all other religions, and spiritual practices apart from the bible and Xtianity, are wrong, and they are all destined for eternal damnation unless they repent and follow Christ only.

The Gospels clearly teach that there is but one way to the father and that is through the son so anyone who rejects the son will not inherit God's kingdom. This is an important part of the Christian faith.

in the laying on of hands, speaking in "tongues", and the "gifts of the spirit".

Two very important issues in Christianity - if you want the Holy Spirit or any of the nine "gifts of the spirit" then hands from a holy person must touch you. It is called transference. It partially transfers a spiritual gift or many from one believer to another believer. It will not work on a non believer.... and not every believer receives these gifts. Miracles happen today just as in the days of Christ..... actually more today than in the days of Christ. It's one thing to see a miracle then to read about one.

that women are to be in submission(obedient) to their husbands, "as the church is to Christ".

And what does the bible teach about husbands? They are to be obedient to Christ. We are to love our spouses and family and we are required to supply them with everything they need not lay around the house, unemployed, drinking and shouting out orders. Women are not to be treated as slaves but to become of "one flesh" Have you forgotten what the book of Genesis says about woman and man? You have again misquoted and taken out of content what was meant by this teaching. The bible teaches both man and woman how to live a godly life.

If you have issues with Christian teachings OK but if you have issues with God then I think you should examine yourself and find your own faults and work on them. You have judged all Christians and there are many out there parading as a Christian and they are as far from being a Christian as you are..... BUT there is hope for you and everyone else who feels like you do. Why just don't you fall on your knees and pray to God to reveal himself to you or to send someone to you who will show you the way. Do this with sincerity and wait for his reply. He will reply to you.

God bless.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

A sin, is anything that puts self and self-will above that of HIM (God) and HIS Will. He is our creator and knows what is best for us each as individuals. Sin is not a blanket thing, it is an individual thing.. for each man has something different that he places before God.

It's kind of like your 7 year old, you tell your 7 year old not to run in the street, but their ball accidentally rolls in the street and you have to say no, because going into the street after it is bad for them - it could cause them to potentially die.

It is the same concept with our Creator, He is so far above our understanding of things we should place HIS will before our own, and when HE says no to us for some reason over something, we should listen and place what HE wants for us over what we might want for ourselves.
edit on 10-1-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

If I were to say that I hated God, what would your reaction be?

I would ask why and I would listen to what you had to say and then depending on what you said I would pray that the Holy Spirit would move me to speak the right words to touch your heart to rethink your conclusions.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
If God exists, then he gave me my mind as it is.

My mind tells me commonly accepted ideas about God are simplistic and ridiculous... and most (stress MOST... certainly not all) identifying as part of His team are small minded, incurious and self absorbed (to be fair, many atheists and other followers of belief systems are as well).

Thus God has told me that commonly accepted ideas/dogma about Him and His wishes, workings, etc. are man made excuses for arbitrary and shallow Earthly power, judgmental violence and mind control...

So thanks for the heads up, God... appreciate it.

Also, if my thoughts are false and the dogma is TRUE, then I've been set up and want to lodge a complaint.

edit on 1/10/2015 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/10/2015 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join