It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do terrorists & criminals always leave their IDs behind?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrMaybeNot
a reply to: lonesomerimbaud

If they had nothing to lose they would have done jihad. Why would you even wear a mask? Their escape was planned with a getaway car...

That is what I am saying. They had nothing to lose because they are expecting to die as Jihad martyrs. Sorry if I confused you.

Yes, they had a getaway car. But would you fancy your chances being so dangerous with all that armoury after committing an atrocity like that that you are gonna come out smiling? They have not exactly behaved in an incognito way since. They have been on a robbing rampage and are on the run. They are not hiding out. If it was so well planned where is their pre arranged hiding place?

I am just assuming like the OP is, of course. I am thinking this right now in response. That is all any of us are doing. Pardon me for expressing myself.

The BBC are reporting that the suspects have previous links to crime. They are from a French council estate.

My comment was only to point out that it is very possible that an ID card got left somewhere during their being on the run and stealing so many cars and doing so many robberies.

edit on 8-1-2015 by lonesomerimbaud because: extra bit.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

This is a conspiracy site.

I am well aware that huge swathes of crazy shooters and terrorists might have holes in their pockets. But to be honest, in the spirit of conspiracy theories everywhere...it is a tad strange how high the numbers are.

One loses an ID fine. ..but really...THAT many?

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I suppose the more material evidence presented, the more likely the story will stand up to scrutiny?

Without the ids found at ground zero, we wouldn't have our talons in the shoulders of islamic fundies?

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Have a little respect for the dead eh?.

How about a little common sense eh?

It would be a disrespect to them not to look into the story to make sure we're not being bamboozled again. People like you amuse me with your chants of free speech and how it should be exercised but as soon as someone says something you don't agree with you pull the "how dare you say that" card...freaking hypocrites.

Who posts for you while you sleep btw? Honest question...

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: RyleeNator
Well that's the point because these culprits are smart they have not committed suicide they are still at large not your usual bunch of terrorist so I personally think it's a possible not every thing is as it seems scenario it baffles me more why people come on a conspiracy web site and ask why you would post a conspiracy theory even a mod weighing in reply to: FlyersFan

Exactly my thought. You're on a conspiracy website and you can't entertain any idea that deviates from the official script.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

The first thing on your checklist is leaving your ID at a secure location before going out to commit a crime. Whatever happened to critical thinking on ATS?

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
The "left behind an ID" story is probably a cover for the fact that the feds had their suspicions about the person(s) involved.

Instead of coming out and admitting "we've had this guy on a list and under surveillance for awhile under suspicion of ties to terrorism but we didn't know when/where an attack was going to happen" and then looking like idiots, they use the "he left behind an ID" story to explain why they were able to find the suspect so quickly.

Explanation number 2 could be to protect their informants. If they admit that an informant identified the shooters, it endangers the informant and exposes police procedures to anyone who's paying attention.

It's much better to throw out an implausible explanation and let people wonder WTF?

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: OrphanApology

I am well aware that huge swathes of crazy shooters and terrorists might have holes in their pockets. But to be honest, in the spirit of conspiracy theories everywhere...it is a tad strange how high the numbers are.

How many is THAT many? Here is a list of all the terrorist attacks in 2014 how many left their ids behind so that they could be identified by authorities?

You are looking at the number of incidents of terrorists leaving identification behind as an isolated number. You do this because the ones like this get more press time, but you need to compare it to the number of incidents where that DOESN'T happen. THEN you can say whether or not there is a trend.
edit on 8-1-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
The "left behind an ID" story is probably a cover for the fact that the feds had their suspicions about the person(s) involved.

Instead of coming out and admitting "we've had this guy on a list and under surveillance for awhile under suspicion of ties to terrorism but we didn't know when/where an attack was going to happen" and then looking like idiots, they use the "he left behind an ID" story to explain why they were able to find the suspect so quickly.

Explanation number 2 could be to protect their informants. If they admit that an informant identified the shooters, it endangers the informant and exposes police procedures to anyone who's paying attention.

It's much better to throw out an implausible explanation and let people wonder WTF?

This is exactly what I'm thinking. Would make more sense to me.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

You forget that these people don't see themselves as criminals. They are not trying to do what they do by stealth. They want maximum publicity and they want their names to be known. It is the very opposite of hiding. They are proud to do what they do for the sake of Jihad.

Yes, it is a conspiracy site, but does that mean we should only accept the conspiracy and not other more (or equally) rational explanations. I am stating my point of view as you are. That is debate.

So, after the examination, am I allowed the great privilege of commenting on this thread after going to the trouble of explaining it with the extra posts so that you know I am being reasoned enough to contribute?

Now I will leave you to explore your conspiracy. Have fun.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I was thinking more along lines of incidents ballooned and highlighted by the media. Which I should have specified.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoneGunMan
a reply to: opethPA

The first thing on your checklist is leaving your ID at a secure location before going out to commit a crime. Whatever happened to critical thinking on ATS?

Like I just said they do not see themselves as criminals. They are proud to be named for what they have done. They want maximum publicity. They think they are freedom fighters for the Prophet.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: OrphanApology

That still doesn't mean anything. You are still looking at the number in a vacuum while conveniently forgetting about all the over reported terrorist attacks where identification WASN'T left at the scene like the Boston Bombing for instance.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: real_one

Like I said let the investigation continue and lets get all the facts in before we jump on the it's a conspiracy angle.
They have not even got the perps yet.
While I sleep? eh?
Got a few days off with kidney stones and I love ATS.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: OrphanApology

That still doesn't mean anything. You are still looking at the number in a vacuum while conveniently forgetting about all the over reported terrorist attacks where identification WASN'T left at the scene like the Boston Bombing for instance.

Remember how Adam Lanza took his brother's id to Sandy Hook school with him. A brother he hadn't seen in 3 years.

Of course tons of attacks happened without identification being left at the scene.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Not sure the ID thing would have worked in the Boston bombing due to the circumstances and set up. I understand what you're saying, but it seems for most of the highlighted stories IDs are found anytime it's possible and not highly improbable. I did like the above poster's plausible conspiracy theory of them being planted as to not unveil informants. That could be it too. Or bigfoot...I suppose.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: lonesomerimbaud

You forget that these people don't see themselves as criminals. They are not trying to do what they do by stealth. They want maximum publicity and they want their names to be known. It is the very opposite of hiding. They are proud to do what they do for the sake of Jihad.

Yes, it is a conspiracy site, but does that mean we should only accept the conspiracy and not other more (or equally) rational explanations. I am stating my point of view as you are. That is debate.

So, after the examination, am I allowed the great privilege of commenting on this thread after going to the trouble of explaining it with the extra posts so that you know I am being reasoned enough to contribute?

Now I will leave you to explore your conspiracy. Have fun.

Then why wear masks?

I mean really!

Picks up shoe by car
Wears masks to hide identities
Leaves I'd in stolen car

And we are the crazies?

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
This doesn't sit well because it doesn't make sense. Our brains are wired to want stories that make sense. This is why good fiction must make sense, but sadly, our lives aren't fiction, and things don't always make sense.
edit on 8-1-2015 by TheArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: MrMaybeNot

Isn't that an example of a terrorist throwing the police off the scent of his trail? Weren't you pushing the conspiracy angle that these ids were planted intentionally for [nefarious reason] by the police?

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Not sure the ID thing would have worked in the Boston bombing due to the circumstances and set up. I understand what you're saying, but it seems for most of the highlighted stories IDs are found anytime it's possible and not highly improbable. I did like the above poster's plausible conspiracy theory of them being planted as to not unveil informants. That could be it too. Or bigfoot...I suppose.

Why's that? Couldn't one of the bombers have left his id in one of the pockets of the bookbag holding the pressure cooker?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join