It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do terrorists & criminals always leave their IDs behind?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scaevola
a reply to: Shamrock6

4) why on earth would these dudes care if they were identified or not? If they're AQ, as a witness claims, why would they give a crap if they were identified?

Why were they wearing masks?
Good point. These weren't suicide bombers. These guys were/are intent on getting away. Shamrock's reply to you on this is just silly - wearing masks to create terror when you have an AK in your hands? I think that would create enough terror on it's own. His argument also counters itself. He claims they have no reason to want to hide their identity yet they wear masks to terrorize? Really no logic all the way around.

So there can be only two reasons for wearing a mask. The first being to cloak their identities so they can flee. The second would be to hide their identities because they're not who or what we're led to believe.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: michaelbrux

Yea i think one group just may be looking at us as a meal and another group has knowledge that humans should not exist on this level of earth but has compassion for us. The rest are just power hungry.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
It is probally a tactic used so their families can be paid.

The big money needs to know who done the job.

You would not want a bunch of people trying to cash in.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: b14warrior
a reply to: MrMaybeNot

What do you mean 'jihad'? Jihad just means holy war and more often than not it is not a suicide attack.

I thought it implied being willing to die for the cause / suicide type attack. Stand me corrected if that was wrong.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Or is it more likely that the authorities were able to identify the shooters using secret (and probably illegal) surveillance technologies, so they made up this bit about finding IDs left behind?

We know the FBI was involved, so it is safe to assume the NSA was asked to help as well. My bet is the ID story was concocted to avoid revealing the surveillance tactics and technologies that actually led to the identification of the shooters.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: michaelbrux

Yea i think one group just may be looking at us as a meal and another group has knowledge that humans should not exist on this level of earth but has compassion for us. The rest are just power hungry.

takes all types...in general i'd say none consider non-players at all. if one doesn't care what happens to their own life or the life of the ones they say they love and makes a conscious choice to pretend that nothing is real...why should anything care about the world we create...by their own actions the shooters declared that those IDs are nothing more than plastic and paper.

they've decided to be living things. or soon to be dead things that once lived.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
or maybe they were as dumb as Clarence...played by Christian Slater in this movie...

wouldn't you hate to be his dad today?

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpenMindedRealist
Or is it more likely that the authorities were able to identify the shooters using secret (and probably illegal) surveillance technologies, so they made up this bit about finding IDs left behind?

We know the FBI was involved, so it is safe to assume the NSA was asked to help as well. My bet is the ID story was concocted to avoid revealing the surveillance tactics and technologies that actually led to the identification of the shooters.

Too bad all that illegal data gathering didn't prevent this. Is it only good for after the fact? Since this practice of spying on everyone isn't preventing anything I think I want my privacy back.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Looks like another False Flag to me for gun control. They cover there faces up and leave there ID's. They should have not used a mask to cover there faces, and they wouldn't have to leave there ID's BS. This would be happening all over the US and UK for decade's with all of the STHTF since 9/11.

edit on 9-1-2015 by The only 1 who knows the because: corrected spelling and updated

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I could have covered my face and left someone's ID that I stole ? This is just to prove a point about deceit on people.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   
this was not done by them dimwit brothers they are telling us.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   
It just also could just be a smart move from those terrorist so they (the police) focus on a person or persons they are not.
Wouldnt be hard to get some passports from terrorist died in Syria and or Iraq.

edit on 9-1-2015 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   

You hit it on the head for me because ~I don't believe if you were going to do some form of crime - any crime - let alone one as serious as this you would take id with you - you'd leave it at home and hope not to get stopped. (You are armed and one more dead body shouldn't have been a problem.

Something is strange here because this type of action should hjave been meticulously planned yet their get awayseems to have gone wrong or at least by haphazard. You would steal parked cars and wire start them, not just take ones being used - it ads more complications to the smooth run of an operation.

Just because they can shoot - which is a learnable subject one would pick up quickly is Syria ior Iraq especially if taught by military trainers etc, we are all assuming they are from somewhere with an agenda - but its not likely to be clear until we get our hands on these men.

I do take OpenMNindedRealists points though, but fail to see why identification techniques should be hidden.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

Never said the surveillance methods should be hidden. But that's certainly what the NSA would prefer.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

20c (to manufacture plastic card) Mastercard Priceless.

Results in billions going to arms manufacturers out of taxpayers pockets.

PRICELESS!

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Well ... terrorists aren't exactly the brightest bunch to begin with

And yet they flew jets into the twin towers and the Pentagon. And after the thousands of tons of rubble and week long smouldering fires they found undamaged passports.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Because some times things escape destruction during destructive events. It's a good thing the terrorists on the plane were on the plane's manifest then isn't it?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: lonesomerimbaud

originally posted by: LoneGunMan
a reply to: opethPA

The first thing on your checklist is leaving your ID at a secure location before going out to commit a crime. Whatever happened to critical thinking on ATS?

Like I just said they do not see themselves as criminals. They are proud to be named for what they have done. They want maximum publicity. They think they are freedom fighters for the Prophet.

So why the masks?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The question is how did the police get the 18 year olds name in the first place?

My guess is that the police had the two Kouachi brothers under surveillance for a while knowing they were planning the attacks. Perhaps the 18 year old (Mourad Hamyd) was supposed to take part, but for whatever reason got cold feet? Would explain the far fetched story about police finding ID's.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
They were quoted as saying they wanted to be martyrs. Why then carjack someone, leaving their ID in the process, then on the run for two days, then hold hostages on the other side of town? Couldn't this all have been done right then and there, especially if they wanted to go down in a hail of gunfire in the first place?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join