It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do terrorists & criminals always leave their IDs behind?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

That would be a little too convenient and improbable. Even for non-conspiracy folks. An ID found in the midst of a gettaway or shooting where there is a possibility of theoretically rash movements is where these leave-behinds usually occur. Doubtful someone would leave an ID in bag containing pressure cooker for a bombing they've been meticulously planning.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: MrMaybeNot

Yeah that was the incident in my mind when I was thinking whether to chime in here(and continue to respond)That and all the responses just seemed to regurgitate the same plausible explainations of criminal stupidity or willingness to be outed due to being insane narcissists.

Sometimes I just miss good old fashioned conspiracy back and forths that used to exist in here.
edit on 8-1-2015 by OrphanApology because: cell

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: OrphanApology

I'm just giving out possibilities. Obviously what I said didn't happen, and even if it is unlikely it is still possible. I've put my id in my backpack before.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

I would never say any of the members here are crazy. I have great respect for ATS. I would not bother if I thought it was all crazy.

I always play Devil's advocate to explore issues from all angles. I am offering a conceivable scenario for these IDs showing up as we are informed by media. Please continue, I am interested. I am only trying to do my bit toward making a quality thread that explores the issue from all angles.

Remember, if they have said they found the ID it is practically exhibit number one in the courtroom of any trial or inquest. It will have to show up with accountability and witnesses to the fact.

I thought you guys didn't want my continuing contribution. You're welcome if you want me to defend my post any further, but I planned on pulling out having made my meagre contribution.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Oh look another thread saying yesterdays horrid events is faked.....

You forget the other reason.....they made a mistake...

To the LOL forum.

Have a little respect for the dead eh?.

How about you allow people to either respect the perfect strangers half a world away or disrespect them as they see fit without the sanctimonious attempt to stifle debate on this subject...yes?

If you find it distasteful, you can always read something else and keep your delicate sensibilities intact.

The OP's point is perfectly valid and completely reasonable to a dispassionate mind.

Namely that it seems the worlds worst terrorist atrocities, the ones that seem to be clever enough, devious and planned down to the Nth degree enough such that they manage to foil our respective counter-terrorism forces, who after all keep reminding us of just how many terrorist plots and attacks they have managed to prevent with their expertise and intelligence personnel's hawkish work ethic (and all of the security measures we all have to routinely accept as par for the course these days).

Yet these terror attacks, which manage to evade our on the ball agencies, seem to manage to acquire rifles, explosives, surveillance data on targets (targets that would be obvious to our security people incidentally) and all the other things that need to be in place to carry out their missions...yet a disproportionate number of these supposedly cleverer-than-our-security-services also bizarrely have a massively large, virtual 'I DID IT' arrow pointing out exactly who they are - in the form of personal identification left inexplicably at the scene of the crime, or nearby.

The OP is questioning this, which i find to be a very sensible and pertinent question.

I agree it is highly bizarre to leave ones ID card or wallet in a car anyway, but especially in light of these people planning such an attack...they may as well paint their names and addresses all over the crime scene...surprising as it might seem, even brutish terrorist thugs realise this will get them caught and probably killed or at the least cause themselves not an insignificant quantity of pain and suffering..so logic would dictate, they would be loathe to leave themselves open to such events...

If they were indeed such a careless bunch of amateurs, our on the ball security ought to have hoovered them up during the initial planning stages, so again, logic would dictate that they must be anything other than careless enough to effectively tell security services 'IT WAS ME' , and guarantee their own lives and / or freedom will be forefit, seeing as they were not intending suicide.

Good question OP...i for one don't have a concrete answer as to why so many seem to leave clear and genuine ID behind...other than the obvious alternative that they in fact did not leave it behind.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Your thoughts?

‘Their only mistake’
The two masked men apparently left behind a getaway car, which police impounded. CNN affiliate BFMTV reported that police found an identification card of one of the Kouachi brothers during their investigations.

source

ROFLOL

It never ends does it.

edit on Jan-08-2015 by xuenchen because:

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Yes there are a few interesting anomalies in this ongoing story. The "found ID" grabbed my attention also because it seems so unlikely.

Then the fact that the shooters seemed proficient in accomplishing their goals targeting specific individuals. They attacked during an editorial meeting of key players of the magazine staff. Obviously I don't know if the staff were typically onsite everyday. But this would indicate some sort of intelligence gathering before the operation.

Now we are being told that the "suspects" have robbed a gas station which tipped off law enforcement to their current location. They stole gas and food. Seems amateurish and unplanned. More like patsies on the run. Also the third suspect turned himself in and claims to have an alibi.

A third person wanted by police, an 18-year-old man, turned himself into police in Charleville-Mézières near the Belgian border late on Wednesday. A legal source said he was the brother-in-law of one of the brothers. French media quoted friends as saying he was in school at the moment of the attack.

My sincere condolences to the French people and to those directly affected.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Hey man. I just laughed and laughed.

Just briliant.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Leo Strauss
Yes there are a few interesting anomalies in this ongoing story. The "found ID" grabbed my attention also because it seems so unlikely.

Then the fact that the shooters seemed proficient in accomplishing their goals targeting specific individuals. They attacked during an editorial meeting of key players of the magazine staff. Obviously I don't know if the staff were typically onsite everyday. But this would indicate some sort of intelligence gathering before the operation.

Now we are being told that the "suspects" have robbed a gas station which tipped off law enforcement to their current location. They stole gas and food. Seems amateurish and unplanned. More like patsies on the run. Also the third suspect turned himself in and claims to have an alibi.

A third person wanted by police, an 18-year-old man, turned himself into police in Charleville-Mézières near the Belgian border late on Wednesday. A legal source said he was the brother-in-law of one of the brothers. French media quoted friends as saying he was in school at the moment of the attack.

My sincere condolences to the French people and to those directly affected.

They obviously did some recon. The redacting crew met once a week every Wednesday. The attackers knew that.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

To the LOL forum.

Nothing was said or even implied about the victims and the OP didn't say the entire event was faked. You are kinda annoying.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

This right here.

That they're found just makes me cringe at how convenient in light of how much planning these things would require. They don't find IDs all the time after burglaries that include even the dumbest meth heads on the planet, yet somehow these shooters and terrorists leave such obvious evidence.

I dunno man...I dunno.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Anybody noticed that the perpetrators vehicle, a black Citroen with white mirrors, doesn't have the white mirrors where it was allegedly left in front of a deli? Maybe it was the camera angle...

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: OrphanApology

This right here.

That they're found just makes me cringe at how convenient in light of how much planning these things would require. They don't find IDs all the time after burglaries that include even the dumbest meth heads on the planet, yet somehow these shooters and terrorists leave such obvious evidence.

I dunno man...I dunno.

Baffling...isn't it.

And even more baffling that a few blokes, intending imminent mass murder wouldn't have thought to start off their day of carnage and capitol crime with either a full belly and car fully fuelled...

edit on 8-1-2015 by MysterX because: added info

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: MrMaybeNot
Does anyone really believe that?

Well ... terrorists aren't exactly the brightest bunch to begin with, ya' know? If they were smart they wouldn't be radically indoctrinated and they wouldn't be shooting up innocent people or committing suicide for 'allah'. So yes, I can see them being dumb enough to leave behind forensic evidence.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

And I can see people that are dumb enough to believe it. Can you also see the other options that the op posted?

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
A leo friend of mine told me that while investigating a burglary one time, low and behold, right there on the floor amidst all the upheaval was the perp's driver's license. When they got a subpoena to search his place, they found the stolen stuff. It does happen.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightFlight
Anybody noticed that the perpetrators vehicle, a black Citroen with white mirrors, doesn't have the white mirrors where it was allegedly left in front of a deli? Maybe it was the camera angle...

I looked into that and found out that the mirrors have different colors on the top and sides. Thats why the colors are different based on the angle the picture was taken.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

It doesn't sound to me like they were planning on being dead afterwards. They walked into a magazine company and were locked and loaded for bear. How many printing companies keep army grade weapons there? And why have a getaway car if you are planning on dying? You can just die there can't you?

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Yes it does happen. If it was impossible they probably wouldn't have said it.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

To the LOL forum.

Can you explain why someone planning this type of attack would have any ID on their person or in their possession when perpetrating such? Try to use logic instead of attacking or some lame attempt for an appeal to respect the dead.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Shills are out tonight!!!!
I do agree, it is weird that terrorist I.d. cards are always *dropped" to be found.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join