It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do terrorists & criminals always leave their IDs behind?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
You'd think that with all the planning they go through to make their crimes, these mistakes should not happen. They must be pissed they planned it all out to lose their wallet at the crime scene. The shooter in PA, Frein also got identified by a wallet left behind. What about the intact passports "found" in the wreckage at the Pentagon?

So apparently, the police in Paris found an id card in the getaway car of the Charlie Hebdo terrorists. Does anyone really believe that?

It's either:

1) planted to throw police off the real suspects

2) planted to cover something the gov't cannot release (nat'l security or int'l security)

3) patsies

‘Their only mistake’
The two masked men apparently left behind a getaway car, which police impounded. CNN affiliate BFMTV reported that police found an identification card of one of the Kouachi brothers during their investigations.

fox5sandiego.com...

Your thoughts?

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: MrMaybeNot

Oh look another thread saying yesterdays horrid events is faked.....

You forget the other reason.....they made a mistake...

To the LOL forum.

Have a little respect for the dead eh?.
edit on 8-1-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrMaybeNot
You'd think that with all the planning they go through to make their crimes, these mistakes should not happen. They must be pissed they planned it all out to lose their wallet at the crime scene. The shooter in PA, Frein also got identified by a wallet left behind. What about the intact passports "found" in the wreckage at the Pentagon?

Well I can't speak for the other situations, but on an international flight it makes sense to have your passport on your possession. Especially if you aren't planning on leaving the scene of the crime.

So apparently, the police in Paris found an id card in the getaway car of the Charlie Hebdo terrorists. Does anyone really believe that?

It's either:

1) planted to throw police off the real suspects

2) planted to cover something the gov't cannot release (nat'l security or int'l security)

3) patsies

‘Their only mistake’
The two masked men apparently left behind a getaway car, which police impounded. CNN affiliate BFMTV reported that police found an identification card of one of the Kouachi brothers during their investigations.

fox5sandiego.com...

Your thoughts?

Or the guy really left his id behind by mistake. It happens, people make mistakes all the time. Sometimes a spade is just a spade. Though if you want to use this as a spring board to put forth some sort of conspiracy theory, by all means go ahead. I won't sing off on such thinking though.

I mean is it really unheard of to have you ID in your car? Aren't you SUPPOSED to have it in your car? Wouldn't it make sense that some people may keep it in their car just in case?
edit on 8-1-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Oh look another thread saying yesterdays horrid events is faked.....

You forget the other reason.....they made a mistake...

To the LOL forum.

Have a little respect for the dead eh?.

Nope, never said anything about the event being faked. Why would you think that is beyond me. I'm just saying the fake id card could be a cover up for something else. Sorry if you got offended.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Really? doesn't read like that.
You say twice it was planted and once that they are patsies.....
Sure sounds to me you think it is faked.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
3)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Tell you what OP why not let the police catch these gits and have an investigation before wild accusations of faked ID's.
It has been just over a day and people jump to wrong conclusions without knowing the facts of it all.

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Aren't you SUPPOSED to have it in your car? Wouldn't it make sense that some people may keep it in their car just in case?

If you're planning murder it ought to be on your checklist. Maybe they really left them behind, who knows right?

link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: MrMaybeNot
Does anyone really believe that?

Well ... terrorists aren't exactly the brightest bunch to begin with, ya' know? If they were smart they wouldn't be radically indoctrinated and they wouldn't be shooting up innocent people or committing suicide for 'allah'. So yes, I can see them being dumb enough to leave behind forensic evidence.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
"Coincidence" again, and again, and so on.

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

If we had respect for the dead the majority of ats would be removed or shut down....nothing wrong with a theory here...probably belongs in skunk works though. We have 2 choices on ats for the most part...reprint main stream media or try to come up with some new ideas....is it possible something is amiss? Sure...is it likely? No. They probably forgot their ids in the car but no need to jump all over someone for trying to think outside the box.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Really? doesn't read like that.
You say twice it was planted and once that they are patsies.....
Sure sounds to me you think it is faked.

Yes, to cover another spy program, facial id tech or anything else they wouldn't release. Could also be because someone snitched on them and police won't release the info for protection. I still think its worth discussing.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
This is a good point. It could be that the real bad guys left it behind to cover their tracks.

Fill in the blanks with whichever conspiracy idea you want. Possibilities:

-Police who look good for solving the case and catching the bad guys quickly.
-Government, if they were ones behind it. Insert any government name here.
-The criminals and terrorists leave wallets behind at an exponentially higher rate than regular folk.
-Etc.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Last year I was in Toronto and my friend had his license loose in his pocket since we had just come from the hall of fame.
It happened to fall out in the back of the car.
Things happen.

This year the team I was on planned for a network situation for about 3 months. We had everything accounted for we thought. Every spanning tree loop, every routing issue.
A car crashed down the street which caused a power hit to the building right as we were starting our work.
It turned into a disaster..
Things happen.

I read a book when I was younger written by SEALs, Delta and Green Berets. They all said the same thing, no matter how much you plan for something..No matter how much you train..
Things happen.

It never ceases to amaze me that people don't realize that the real world is chaotic and that when humans are involved it's not like you see on TV.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Believe it or not the kind of people that do stuff like killing and maiming innocent people are not usually known for their intelligence and planning abilities.

The passports on the plane, it is obvious; they would not have cleared customs or been allowed to board without passports. More times than not luggage survives plane crashes and items are recovered from the wreckage.

The ways these gun men in Paris have gone about their hideous deed makes me assume they have nothing left to lose. May be they had nothing left to lose even before they did what they did? I wonder what hold somebody somewhere had on them?

It is going to be hard to get a realistic idea of what went on until all the dust has settled and the pieces of the puzzle are put together.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: lonesomerimbaud

If they had nothing to lose they would have done jihad. Why would you even wear a mask? Their escape was planned with a getaway car...

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

They're Jihadists , they've nothing to hide as one way or another they will end their mission dead , being captured alive to them is failure , if we have their identity then the picture and names will be plastered all over the worlds media and perhaps inspire others to their cause.

Their escape was planned with a getaway car...

I thought they'd hijacked the car.

edit on 8-1-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: OrphanApology
This is a good point. It could be that the real bad guys left it behind to cover their tracks.

Fill in the blanks with whichever conspiracy idea you want. Possibilities:

-Police who look good for solving the case and catching the bad guys quickly.
-Government, if they were ones behind it. Insert any government name here.
-The criminals and terrorists leave wallets behind at an exponentially higher rate than regular folk.
-Etc.

In the chaos of the moment these things happen. It is a real enough possibility that one left their ID behind. We saw in the video as they made their escape one of them dropping his stuff all over the road near the getaway car. Also, they were not even bothering to hide their weapons in the cars they were using. An witness spotted them in one of the cars because of the weapons seen in the car.

edit on 8-1-2015 by lonesomerimbaud because: spelling.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

If you are planning murder it reasons that you may have a few screws loose upstairs.

Though, again, people make mistakes. Even the best laid plans have a chance to go wrong. Murphy's Law remember?

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Well that's the point because these culprits are smart they have not committed suicide they are still at large not your usual bunch of terrorist so I personally think it's a possible not every thing is as it seems scenario it baffles me more why people come on a conspiracy web site and ask why you would post a conspiracy theory even a mod weighing in reply to: FlyersFan

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join