It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French Magazine which portrayed Prophet 10 Dead in Office.

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliian

originally posted by: stosh64

originally posted by: spy66

originally posted by: stosh64
a reply to: Aliian

The scumbags who killed these unarmed cartoonists were simply expressing their right to free speech??

EXACTLY!

I wouldnt Call killing free speach. This killing was free physical action without Words.

Right. And you're probably offended by it. You have your own definition of free speech. They have theirs.

You have different beliefs. They simply believe that if offended they have right to return offense. So, they have spoken, using their language. The language of action.

You are either trolling for a reaction, insane or a true Islamic extremist.

You will get no further response from me.

Yeah. That's the problem. Refusing to believe that others have a different belief and act according to their own understanding of free speech, is the source of all this drama. If you could explain why you could have a right to offend without expecting a response in return, I'd be happy to hear it.

That's an easy one.

I can draw any filthy image of your prophet I like and publicly display it.

You do have the right to respond either in kind, with litigation or in protest.

You don't have the right to go mental and kill me for it.

Period..!!

People all over the world right now are starting to display these images both on social media and publicly.

What are Muslims going to do about it..?

Either let it roll off their backs every time they see someone displaying one of these images, like most normal people would or go out in mobs and start outright attacking the tens of thousands of people insulting their prophet...

I can see the end of Islam in the west if they choose to take one of these paths but not the other.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: voyger2
a reply to: Shiloh7

do we allow immigrant islamists to run our countries by force of gun and murder

Incredible accusations, you just solved the case. congratulations.
Everything ties "neatly" to prophet Muhammad and islamists... hum...how about false flag operations... in the world of false appearances everything is possible...

We should always ask who benefits from this type of events before jump into conclusions.. not to mention until there's actual accusations, based on proof's and conviction, of course.

btw live a link please.

Lol. I agree usually with this statement, but this is Islam we're talking about... they do this kind of # on a daily basis. Yes, a place that portrayed muhammad and has been attacked/threatened before is RPGed (of course, probably ak47s too). There is no conspiracy here, other than the terrorist conspiring that happened beforehand that is.

Case Closed.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TryAndStopTheFuture555
a reply to: Shiloh7

None of the extreme Islam stuff can be fixed until US government is destroyed.

Pretty bold statement, isn't it.

I can write 1000 pages but who other than NSA will read it, so I will make it simple.

Islam is 1500 years old, where were they in the 1940s, 50s 60s 70s

US government under strategist Zbigniew Kazimierz Brzezinski created with the help of Saudis FIRST organized group of Mujaheddin in Afghanistan to fight the proxy war with Russians.

After that it just spiraled out of control, and Israel didn't help the matter either.

US government will be the end of us all. And maybe we deserve it because we don't see it.

WHO DO YOU THINK MADE ISIS POSSIBLE BY GIVING 500 MILLION DOLLARS OF US TAXPAYER MONEY TO SYRIAN REBELS.

THIS ISN'T EVEN A CONSPIRACY PEOPLE, THIS IS PUBLIC INFORMATION

This is stupid. Ya sure, the US policy and actions have been cited as reasons for terrorism being rampant. That doesn't mean any of the things you said. One, these people (islamic terrorists/islamic people with a propensity for violence) have shown time and time again that they can't even live peacefully in their own countries without killing eachother anymore. They're not always fighting against some grand, evil, secret American conspiracy like you seem to think they are, they just murdered ten journalists for making a freaking cartoon for God's sake. They stone women to death for showing a little ankle or making "tempting eyes" at the shopkeeper. The culture of some muslim societies (not a blanket statement), particularly the ones were terrorism thrives, has no place in our modern world and are stuck in a perpetual cycle of barbarism. Second, the US doesn't need to be eradicated even if you're other logic was on point (it isn't), ties would just need to be cut with the zionist warmongers (I'm not calling jews warmongers, I'm using an adjective to describe the particular warmongers I'm referring to) and money lenders who weild undue influence on our congress.

This is one of a thousand factors btw, not the only one as you portray it.
edit on 9-1-2015 by dr1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Hostages have been taken

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Breaking :

Terrorists spotted in Da mmartin-en-Goële, are likely holding hostages.

edit : dammit, ninja'ed while I was writing.
edit on 9/1/2015 by Jokatgulm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I just woke up. I'm catching up with the live feeds:

From Le Figaro just over an hour ago:

www.lefigaro.fr...

According RTL significant exchange of gunfire took place there a few minutes ago on the national 2 to Dammartin-en-Goële in Seine-et-Marne, a few kilometers from Roissy. A car was stolen earlier in Montagny Sainte-Félicité (Oise) by two armed individuals corresponding to the reporting Kouachi brothers.

At abouit 8:40 AM to a vehicle, that a gray Peugeot, was stolen from a motorist, in the municipality of Montagny-sainte-Bliss. The perpetrators, who matched the profile of the two brothers crossed the Oise to go until Seine-et-Marne. It is then that a major exchange of fire took place with the police.

According to several media, a hostage taking was underway in a business in Dammartin-en-Goële, Seine et Marne, a few kilometers from Roissy Airport. This would be a business located in the business section of the city according to a witness on RTL. At least one person is held by terrorists.

One hour ago:

The security forces are deploying to Dammartin-en-Goële. The entrance to the village is blocked by the N2, according to our special correspondent Edward Mareschal. A truck of research and intervention brigade (BRI) stationed at the entrance of the village while 5 helicopters flying over the area. The security forces are positioned in front of a business in yellow and blue logo. It could be a construction company.

A witness contacted by LeFigaro.fr, several helicopters of the security forces are mobilized around Dammartin-en-Goële (Seine-et-Marne), where a hostage is currently underway. The mayors of surrounding municipalities have ordered residents to stay home.

The Kouachi brothers are entrenched in a business Dammartin-en-Goële. "The counter terrorist forces deployed yesterday" were moved to Dammartin-en-Goële, the GIGN arrives on site, said the interior minister, who praised the "responsiveness" of the unit.
Moreover, Bernard Cazeneuve announced that "important developments occurred" in the investigation into the shooting of Montrouge, where a police officer was killed yesterday morning.

According to Leparisien.fr and RTL, the exchange of gunfire this morning between the car thieves and the police, in the Oise, produced two fatalities and about twenty wounded.

edit on 9-1-2015 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   
About an hour ago:

The mayor confirmed our colleagues at Le Monde that hostages were taken at at business called Creation Trend Discovery, located rue Clément Ader to Dammartin-en-Goële. This is a very small company with about five employees.

Creation Trend Discovery is a public relations firm of some sort.

There are some school children trapped in a school near the hostage venue, but they are watched by police. One student tweeted that they are confined in the school and that they heard gunfire earlier, perhaps when the latest vehicle was stolen. Aircraft are being routed around the site from Charles de Gaule Airport, which is not far away (in aviation terms).

It is being denied that there were fatalities in the earlier shootout before the hostage taking.

An ex-Minister of the Interior (Top Cop) has said that he was told that the terrorists are holding several hostages!

That brings us to the latest of the relevant feeds from Figaro.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Apparently a businessman had a surreal encounter with one of the terrorists near the site of the hostage taking. Details are sketchy but he may have been on the way out of the building when the Kouachi brothers arrived.

A businessman that had an appointment on Friday morning in the company of Dammartin-en-Goële where hostages were taken, testified on France Info. "I met a terrorist, I shook his hand and I said hello." The killer replied, "Sir, we do not kill civilians."

"I'm going to play the lottery because I have been very lucky this morning," added the man, free, safe and sound.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

Just want to say good work on keeping us up to date on the situation.

Oh and that businessman wow.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Anonymous reacts on the happenings... OpCharlieHebdo

Citizens of the world,

On Jan 7, 2015, freedom of speech has suffered hard. Terrorists breached into "Charlie Hebdo" newspaper's premises and shot several satirical cartoon artists, journalists and two policemen. The criminals are still on the run. Disgusted and also shocked, we can't fall down, it is our responsibility to react.

First, we wish to express our condolences to the victims's families of this cowardly and despicable act. We are all affected by the death of Cabu, Charb, Tignous and Wolinski, who were great artists that impressed by their talents all the history of the press and died for its freedom. We do not forget other victims of the attack, just because they were across terrorists's way, and other injured people still fighting for their life.

It's obvious that some people don't want, in a free world, this sacrosanct right to express in any way one's opinions. Anonymous has always fought for the freedom of speech, and will never let this right besmirched by obscurantism and mysticism. "Charlie Hebdo", historical figure of satirical journalism has been targeted. Anonymous must remind every citizens that the press's freedom is a fundement of the democracy. Opinions, speech, newspaper articles without threats nor pressure, all those things are rights you can't change.

Tackle the freedom of speech is a direct hit to democracy. Expect a massive reaction from us, because this freedom is what we've been always fighting for.

We are Anonymous.
We are legion.
We do not forgive.
We do not forget.
Expect us.

twitter.com...
http:///svfKFiAB

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Thanks. I had been asleep for a few hours, so had to catch up with things. I gather that the scene around the little business at the center of the action is quite intense with one of the national police anti-terrorist squads on site as well as numerous helicopters carrying snipers flying overhead. People nearby are being forced to stay indoors or away from the area behind a police cordon.

It is easy to imagine the scene after the hunt for the Tsarnaev brothers in Boston.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   
From the feed of Le Figaro:

www.lefigaro.fr...

According to Le Point, the shooter who killed a policewoman yesterday morning in Montrouge and perpetrators of the attack against Charlie Hebdo would be all three from the famous Jihadist group Buttes Chaumont. So far, no link had been established between the two attacks.

And one minute or so ago from the Le Monde Twitter feed:

www.lemonde.fr...

LeMonde.fr:
Testimony of a young employee of a warehouse in 5 km from the hostage-taking:

"I work in a warehouse about five kilometers from the site where happens hostages were taken at. There are some police who barricaded all the roads. We can not make our deliveries this morning. We are all locked inside the warehouse, with orders not to go out. About an hour ago, we heard gunshots. "

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   
The man from whom the brothers stole the first vehicle has spoken to the media about his encounter. From the Le Figaro feed:

The man stopped in Meaux Street in Paris, near the Porte de Pantin, told our colleague Europe 1 Kouachi how the two brothers approached to steal his vehicle.

"The driver goes armed with a machine pistol I found out later that it was a Kalashnikov Since I had my open window he said to me... 'Get out of your car, we need your car. 'I got out of my car. At that time arrives a second person riding passenger side with a gun as a sort of grenade on the end. Definitely a grenade launcher, something like that. He moved to the front and I, at that time, I have the reflex to open the back door and say, "I'm going to get my dog." They let him get his dog and he was able to escape with his dog, unharmed.

He described them as 'very very quiet, very determined, very poised, very professional, commandos! He never raised his voice, they never ran, they never seemed excited. They were not sweating, nothing like that. People on a mission, which gave the impression of being on an operation. On leaving, they told me, "If ever you address ... well, if the media ask you , you will say, "This is Al-Qaeda in Yemen ".

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   
From the Le Figaro feed:

The GIGN leads the maneuver.

(From Wikipedia.org:The National Gendarmerie Intervention Group, commonly abbreviated GIGN (French: Groupe d'Intervention de la Gendarmerie Nationale), is a special operations unit of the French Armed Forces. It is part of the National Gendarmerie and is trained to perform counter-terrorist and hostage rescue missions in France or anywhere else in the world.)

The police of Raid are in support.

(From Wikipedia.org: Recherche Assistance Intervention Dissuasion (Research, Assistance, Intervention, Deterrence) or RAID is, like the GIPN, a special operations tactical unit of the French National Police with more manpower and equipment. It is a nationwide unit, and, as a counterterrorism unit, has an exclusive jurisdiction on the 21 closest départements of Paris. It is the National Police's primary anti-terrorism unit and the counterpart of the GIGN of the Gendarmerie Nationale.)

The negotiations had not, a priori, started in the late morning. The topography of the plant, its coming and its surroundings is carefully analyzed.

The objective is to take the Kouachi brothers alive, as is the policy of the elite gendarmes. They are convinced that suspected terrorists are determined and heavily armed. The idea of surrender is far from certain.

Army General Denis Favier, CEO of the National Gendarmerie who led the assault against the Marignane Airbus in December 1994, directs the operations in person.

(post by PenDuick removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: PenDuick

What?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   
From the Le Figaro feed:

This was seen rolling into the neighborhood! I don't know if it is a coincidence, passing highway traffic or if it will be used as a negotiation platform, but people on site are wondering.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   
This map from the feed of Le Figaro gives a good idea of the bigger picture. The Kouachi brothers were spotted yesterday at the Vauciennes station-service. They turned their car around to head back to Paris. The police were alerted and a massive search began along National 2.

Police were led to believe that the brothers were in the vicinity of Corcy or Longpont and a massive search started with hundreds of police, including helicopters and tracking dogs.

Unfortunately, the terrorists had managed to get further along the highway to Paris than had originally been thought, or they got through a checkpoint somehow. They stole another vehicle at, I believe, Montagny-Sainte-Felicité, headed south, exchanged gunfire with the police and finally wound up at a small advertising business in Dammartin-en-Goele where they are currently holding at least one hostage.

300 meters from the hostage taking, numerous school children are being confined, under guard of the police in a local grade school. They will not be allowed to leave until the situation is resolved, it is reported.

www.lefigaro.fr...

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Any word yet on the extent of involvement of GIGN. I have been offline for the last 3 days and have only been keeping up to date with sky and bbc news.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   
According to Le Monde, an important Muslim cleric in France has expressed the solidarity of the Muslim community with the Republic and disavowed any kind of connection or support for the terrorists.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join