It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French Magazine which portrayed Prophet 10 Dead in Office.

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
I find your post offensive. Does that give me the right to kill you?a reply to: Aliian

How could I stop you?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

also saying another man associated with them on the loose, second gunman in market

sheees
edit on 113131p://bFriday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Is that in Montpellier? Things are jumpy down there. They evacuated the train station because of a suspicious briefcase that had been abandoned but lifted the alert later.
edit on 9-1-2015 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

also saying another man associated with them on the lose, second gunman in market

sheees

The accomplice has been killed in the market. He's not on the loose.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jokatgulm

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

also saying another man associated with them on the lose, second gunman in market

sheees

The accomplice has been killed in the market. He's not on the loose.

oh ty, not reporting that here yet

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Reporting that 4 hostages were killed in the supermarket plus the gunman.

RIP to the innocents.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

no

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

A link to the supermarket events.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ipsedixit
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Is that in Montpellier? Things are jumpy down there. They evacuated the train station because of a suspicious briefcase that had been abandoned but lifted the alert later.

Interesting, I'm in Toulouse and I've heard the train station had had an alert here too. (might have been misinformed, my GF texted me but she might simply have read news about Montpellier and mistaken the place)

Should we really expect more # hitting the fan soon, or are people simply more prone to seeing threats everywhere now ?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Jokatgulm

I'm sure people are very jumpy in France right now. Things will settle down if 24 hours goes by without serious incident.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Jokatgulm

stay safe,

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
From the twitter feed of Le Monde:

www.lemonde.fr...

They are reporting that CNN is reporting that the female accomplice, Hayat Boumedienne, at the kosher deli may have escaped the scene in a group of hostages that were fleeing at the moment of the assault.

This has not been confirmed officially.

(There may be CCTV footage of the interior of the deli.)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
A lot of questions will be answered, one assumes, at 22:30 Paris time, when the Procureur de Paris, François Molins, I believe, (District Attorney, Crown Prosecutor?) is scheduled to give a news conference.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliian

I find your post offensive. Does that give me the right to kill you?a reply to: Aliian

How could I stop you?

Your answer would be for you to be forbidden to say anything which might offend me. That is what your icon would call "careless speech." But since it is impossible to determine what every individual might subjectively find offensive, that attitude would ban all expression completely! I suspect that you believe that your God's law trumps human law... that rights come not from humanity's own sense of ethics, but are granted by some mysterious process from "above." You are completely wrong in this, but you are welcome to express your opinion.

The bottom line is that the staff of Charlie Hebdo was not killed by freedom of speech; they were not killed by "careless talk;" they we're killed by Muslim intolerance.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

But since it is impossible to determine what every individual might subjectively find offensive,.

That's the problem. We all know that cartoons of the prophet is offensive. It's not impossible to determine.
So, there's no hypothetical situation involved here at all. In fact, it is "because" we know it's offensive,
that the cartoonists thought it would be funny to print. It's funny to the cartoonists, because they know the
"police" will defend their right to offend in such manner. But, when making fun of other people, those other
people don't usually find it equally funny. So, we have to be careful, because some of them might actually
get annoyed, and angry, and respond in ways that even the police cannot protect against. And those same cartoonists are likely to be hypocritical themselves when it comes to free speech. What if the cartoonist was sitting in a cinema, and someone, just for fun, decided to shout out "fire", and there was a stampede to get out of the cinema, when there was no fire, and say the cartoonist wife sitting next to him was trampled to death. Would the cartoonist protect the person who shouted "fire" in a crowed cinema for fun? Would he defend the free speech of the person who cried out "fire"? Well, when the cartoonist prints an image of the prophet, that's the same as shouting out "fire" in a crowed cinema. It's for fun. It's looking to evoke a reaction, from all the gullible "others" who don't quite get "the joke".

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
thats what happens when politicians such us Oland, Merckel, uk, USA and all the countries who weaponized the jihad Muslims militants and trained them in the grounds of Turkey.

Few months ago, its not even a year, many countries including France, gave lots of weapons to support ISIS against Syria.

Today ISIS claimed, they did these attacks and they also claimed their next targets, which is UK and USA.

Now they trying to sell us, a meeting of politicians to decide bills for protection, yeah right.

The best way for our protection, is for them to leave....

French news speak about Al Quida, but ISIS claims that THEY DID these attacks. USA have some doubts about ISIS and logical to have some doubts, because they know that people havent forgot yet, the weaponization of ISIS few months ago, by western governments.

ps: there is also several videos in youtube, claiming that most of the attacks are faked and they also pointing out some facts from the footage. Maybe its true, part of it, but the whole thing turns agaist them as a boomerang, they cannot placebo the idea of terrorism, Isis did that with western support

And for the records, ISIS their Islamic state as they call it, announced it today. They took the whole responsibility. Oland must resign after that, in my opinion.
edit on 9-1-2015 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
sorry if posted

www.reuters.com...

- One of two brothers suspected of carrying out the deadly shooting at a French satirical weekly met leading al Qaeda preacher Anwar al Awlaki during a stay in Yemen in 2011, a senior Yemeni intelligence source told Reuters on Friday.

U.S. born and web-savvy, Awlaki was seen as an influential international recruiter to the al Qaeda movement and a prominent figure in Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP), the group's most active affiliate. He was killed in September 2011 in a drone strike widely attributed to the CIA.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliian

That's the problem. We all know that cartoons of the prophet is offensive.

No; I think they are funny. More importantly, they point to the need for Muslims living in Western countries to examine their values. Some Christians were outraged when the Monty Python troop made a film that seemed to portray Jesus in an irreverent way. Eventually, it became clear that the film satirized not Jesus Christ, whose teachings the comedians admire, but rather the folly of those very Christians whose anger directly contradicted Jesus' preaching of love.

If you want to sit in a café smoking Gitanes and arguing about the psycho-sexual implications of post-modern Marxism, Paris is the place to be. If you want to trudge through your daily life without anyone calling centuries old religious beliefs into question, well, maybe you should move to somewhere like Iran.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The hostage the terrorists didn't know they had: Print worker hid in cardboard box for eight hours and texted police while Charlie Hebdo gunmen held the boss captive in final showdown
Lilian Lepere, 27, hid in a box during siege with Charlie Hebdo gunmen
He was initially trapped inside with father Pascal Lepère who then escaped
Graphic designer sent desperate text calling for police to take action

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... aptive-final-showdown.html#ixzz3OMLenp6c

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

a reply to: Aliian

That's the problem. We all know that cartoons of the prophet is offensive.

No; I think they are funny.

Right. We all know that the cartoons of the prophet is offensive "to Muslims".

Maybe the cartoonist are in heaven right now, laughing their head off. But, at least,
they now know how Muslims feel about the cartoons.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29 >>

join