It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Protesters Storm NYC Restaurants – Target & Harass White People Eating Brunch

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

To avoid this discussion of profiling or at least try to solve some of the issue. I'm sure blacks from the neighborhood know the area and the people far more than someone whos not from that neighborhood.

Why do I sound racist recommending more african americans join their local police force?

that wasnt to me what sounded racist, what sounded racist to me was exactly what I quoted from you

White cops should not be policing black neighborhoods.

I understand what youre saying about people from the area might know the area and people better, but is that such a good thing? are they more likely to let people slide?

Isnt that dangerous to the police officers who might live in that area? Would they not face retaliation by their neighbors when Johnny law throws Ms.Maples gang banger son next door into jail?

Again, if there are issues with white cops patrolling predominately black areas, maybe the racism lies with the black people against the white cops?

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: LewsTherinThelamon
a reply to: Jamie1

It has become blatantly obvious that the majority of black people are extremely racist.

This is sadly the conclusion I have reached myself. It almost feels like it's setup to keep us all against each other. If martial law is ever declared they won't have to worry about much organization from us because we'll have enemies at every front.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Weird thing here is the people they're attacking are the very urban liberals who were on their side - probably participated in their marches.

Their leaders seem to want to make sure the divide is complete or they're just incredibly inept.

Do they really want a solution?

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I'm seeing a lot of people giving a crap about something that happened in restaurants they weren't even in when this was happening, and no one saying why they give a crap about it.

Anyone wanna let me in on the outrage, here?

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Alienating a group of people (white people) and being an obnoxious racist prick is not going to help garner support for your cause, you idiots. There is still a lot of racial tension, and throwing another log on the fire isn't going to help. Why would I want to help your cause if you single me out because of my skin color? It makes you a hypocrite, and it makes me defensive. Not everyone is going to take a step back and say oh, this is just a fringe group of idiots.

Many will only have one takeaway, that black people are racist, that they are obnoxious, that they don't want to help a group who blames them for past atrocities because of their skin color, and that all other black people secretly feel the same.

I agree that black people still face a fair amount of racism. Are things better now? Certainly. Are things where they should be? No. If you want me to lend my voice don't alienate me and automatically make me part of the problem. I don't run around trying to keep anyone down, and as long as you're a decent human being I don't give a flying F what skin color you are.

This thread has veered off topic. It doesn't matter if a higher percentage of black people commit crimes than the other races. Well it does, and that's a problem that needs to be addressed also, but that doesn't mean we get to lump all black people together. Not all white people have can robes hanging in their closets, and not all black people are thugs or ghetto or hate blindly. We also shouldn't be lumping this group of idiots with those that want to affect positive social change and are striving for actual equality.

I don't like how it seems like so many seem to be taking a weird side. Throwing out numbers vilifying black people is just as bad as what this group of morons did, though I realize posts sort of built to it and I'm not calling anyone out. For the record, I'm on the side that wants to see people treated the same, regardless of age, skin color, religion, sexual orientation and al the other nonsense that so easily divides against common decency and good. Defending these people is awful, and blaming the color of their skin for their dumbassery is too.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheArrow
I'm seeing a lot of people giving a crap about something that happened in restaurants they weren't even in when this was happening, and no one saying why they give a crap about it.

The protestors were being racist.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

How? What race is brunch?

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dystopium

a reply to: Jamie1

It has become blatantly obvious that the majority of black people are extremely racist.

This is sadly the conclusion I have reached myself. It almost feels like it's setup to keep us all against each other. If martial law is ever declared they won't have to worry about much organization from us because we'll have enemies at every front.

The media is purposefully reporting police abuse stories with a specific slant that is causing racial tension.

We are very divided.

Honestly, at this point, I really think it is prudent for us to segregate ourselves.
edit on 4-1-2015 by LewsTherinThelamon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Google the definition of racism.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

It didn't say anything about brunch, nor did it tell me why everyone in this thread cares so much about why the brunch was interrupted.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

It didn't say anything about brunch, nor did it tell me why everyone in this thread cares so much about why the brunch was interrupted.

Read the OP.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LewsTherinThelamon

Honestly, at this point, I really think it is prudent for us to segregate ourselves.

Maybe from jackasses, but not from other races. Crap, I'll be a hermit!

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Read the OP.

I did read the OP, heck, I read the whole THREAD!

No one saying why they care that a brunch they weren't at was disturbed by people saying things they didn't hear.

Sounds pretty silly.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

While I cannot speak for anyone else I can explain my own interest in this story.

I wouldn't say I am outraged, rather I'm disappointed. I'm disappointed because it's the actions of these individuals and those like them that takes up most of the national discourse. The media no longer questions whether there are legitimate grievances regarding police misconduct. Instead they focus on the shenanigans of racists who look to drive a further divide between the races. Or they focus on the disgusting actions of people who look to exploit the grieving process of a funeral to make political statements. These fringe groups have sidetracked the dialog and the media is all too happy to follow along.

Seems counterproductive to participate in a discussion I don't believe should be happening, I know. But sometimes it's too frustrating to watch something you believe in sidelined because focus is lost, and stay silent.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TheArrow

Upset because these people are blaming their problems on white people. It's hypocritical to blame a race for racism.

Interrupting people's time with family and friends to make a point is obnoxious. Especially when that point is screw you because you're a certain skin color.

Pretend a bunch of white people were convinced that black people were the root of all crime and started targeting establishments frequented by blacks and chanting.

The whole thing should be insulting to everyone, not just white people or black people.

It was certainly racist, as it was a demonstration geared at a certain race.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

It's hypocritical to blame a race for racism.

Why?

Interrupting people's time with family and friends to make a point is obnoxious. Especially when that point is screw you because you're a certain skin color.

The point was certainly to make a statement, and the statement was made quite effectively, I thought.

Every 28 hours an unarmed black person is killed by the State. This weighs on the minds of black people, and the black people thought it should weigh on the mind of the white people too. That isn't racist, heck, that is a public service.

Pretend a bunch of white people were convinced that black people were the root of all crime and started targeting establishments frequented by blacks and chanting.

Oh, honey, where are you from? We don't need to pretend that happens.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Read the OP.

I did read the OP, heck, I read the whole THREAD!

No one saying why they care that a brunch they weren't at was disturbed by people saying things they didn't hear.

Sounds pretty silly.

From the article:

Black protesters targeted white people eating brunch today at New York City restaurants.
They joined hands and screamed at white patrons.
One “white woman” was brought to tears.

“ATTN WHITE Man, I have no guilt disturbing your brunch. Its YOU that has no right to be here. #blackbrunchnyc”

The protesters stormed the restaurants and harassed staff and patrons.

1. Targeting a group of people on the basis of race is the classic definition of racism.

2. Read their racist tweets.

3. The media has successfully divided us by slanting news stories about police shootings to make them appear racially motivated.

4. The police have been abusing their power for quite some time, and we have all been victims of it. They are not discriminating, they are tyrannizing us all.

5. It is beyond time for black people to stfu about racist white people. The majority of us couldn't give two #s about a person's skin color.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: FraggleRock
These fringe groups have sidetracked the dialog and the media is all too happy to follow along.

What's the dialogue that was sidetracked?

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

I actually went to instagram and looked at all the hashtags and read the comments on the photos and videos and I think the demonstration went well. Didn't see any evidence of yelling in people's faces or whatnot. You know ATS, people can photoshop and or make up fake twitter pictures....I bet no one from this thread has actually looked on social media. But reading the comments on the #blackbrunch demonstration, it exposed all these racist white people. Look at how enraged everyone is. It's pretty entertaining, why not join the movement? Why not because they're racist.

edit on 4-1-2015 by game over man because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   

1. Targeting a group of people on the basis of race is the classic definition of racism.

You have half of the definition correct. Target other races because you think you are superior is the part you missed. I have seen nothing to indicate that these people hold themselves to be superior to the people having brunch. I think they merely wanted to be heard.

2. Read their racist tweets.

Refer to 1.

3. The media has successfully divided us by slanting news stories about police shootings to make them appear racially motivated.

So, how does that make you upset about the brunch you weren't at?

4. The police have been abusing their power for quite some time, and we have all been victims of it. They are not discriminating, they are tyrannizing us all.

An unarmed black person is killed every 28 hours in this country. How often is an unarmed white person killed?

5. It is beyond time for black people to stfu about racist white people. The majority of us couldn't give two #s about a person's skin color.

Then it isn't time for them to shut up, it is time for you to SPEAK UP. Stand with those that are being oppressed by other white people! What is wrong with you? These people aren't trying to be dominant, they just want to be equals.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join