It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Protesters Storm NYC Restaurants – Target & Harass White People Eating Brunch

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Before you accuse me of "race-baiting" please read this:

I am not making unfair statements, or attacking any racial group.

The purpose of this post is to report the story, and discuss it.

The story: protesters storm restaurants in NYC during lunch and target and harass diners in an effort to make some statement about the recent deaths of black suspects.

Question: Do you think protesters self-identifying their protests as "black brunch" are doing anything to help their cause, or do you think interrupting and harassing diners having lunch is stupid, rude, and counterproductive?

My perspective is this will be so incredibly counter-productive to their stated cause that it almost looks like a conspiracy to hurt their cause instead of further it. If I was advising somebody on what to do to sway public opinion against the protesters, I couldn't come up with a better plan.

"Hey.... I have an idea. We can make sure that NOBODY has any sympathy left for them. Let's hire some protesters to go into restaurants and harass white people having lunch!"

It's so unreal, and counterproductive, it's almost like a false flag for social unrest, with the end game being an escalation of the police state.

This is better...

Black Brunch

edit on 4-1-2015 by Jamie1 because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
One of the inherent problems with protesting is that you are relying on the cohesion of a large group of people acting similarly to accomplish a goal. Unfortunately large groups of people are notoriously bad at common sense and rational decisions. That is why it is so easy for the state to discredit protest groups. Just plant someone in the crowd to stir up trouble and then let the media do the rest.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
What were they saying to these people? Any reason why they targeted people having brunch? I love brunch.

+57 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Wow..I can't wait to hear anyone defend some of the tweets reported in that article....

“ATTN WHITE Man, I have no guilt disturbing your brunch. Its YOU that has no right to be here. #blackbrunchnyc”
"#BlackBrunchNYC happening now & white fragility is on full display. When confronted with complicity in genocide most whites brains melt”

or this gem..

"Angry/delusional whites on #BlackBrunchNYC don't understand what racism is. Black people lack power dynamic necessary to be racist 2 whites."

Much like the #blacklivesmatter movement it's pathetic and just perpetuates racism.

edit on 4-1-2015 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-1-2015 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Always interesting to watch people display stupidity. They actually think they are helping a cause? Maybe helping to lose some of the people who have supported their cause.

I think it's becoming obvious they are too afraid to actually go at the police so they will work on average people who have nothing to do with 'the problem' of police shootings.

+27 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Targeting what are most likely urban Liberals was obviously a very well thought out strategy on their part.

+52 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
So this group of all blacks, segregate themselves, and decide to harass and target white people, because they do not like the fact that blacks have been killed, for committing crimes mind you, and they think this will accomplish exactly what? Is it these random white people trying to enjoy brunch with their families fault that these people have been killed? The only thing they are accomplishing is further fueling a race war, and setting the black movement back 60 years. Im so glad I ALWAYS have a gun on me.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: superman2012
What were they saying to these people? Any reason why they targeted people having brunch? I love brunch.

This is a sampling from the twitter feed:

“ATTN WHITE Man, I have no guilt disturbing your brunch. Its YOU that has no right to be here. #blackbrunchnyc”

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
The ironic part would be if some of the people in the restaurant were part of the recent street protesting.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Only whitey eats brunch.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1
I would eat my brunch. I love brunch. They can prance about like jackasses all they want. No one stop me from a brunch.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: jlafleur02

Only whitey eats brunch.

I loves me some brunch.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
And of course these few speak for the many right?
Very stupid and very counter productive.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: jlafleur02

Only whitey eats brunch.

Yes, it is true, I have a genetic predisposition to enjoy brunch.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The ironic part would be if some of the people in the restaurant were part of the recent street protesting.

Probably a good chance a few there did, at one time, support the cause.

+22 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Apparently not allot of people have been in the hood? If you're white It's best to either have a gun or gtfo quickly as possible. You'll also hear allot of wonder bread insults along with cracker. That is nothing compared to what the whiteman has to endure if they can't catch a bus in the wrong part of a city. Whiteman always being held down, brotha. Ya know it sickens me how much people take themselves seriously. I have had black friends I can actually joke with, if anyone walked past us on some occasions they'd think we were about to murder eachother for the racist crap we would say to each other. Race is only an issue to ignorant.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
The protests are working and will continue to work as long as we are talking about it.

+21 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrJunk

The protests are working and will continue to work as long as we are talking about it.

I agree this protest worked if the aim was to be a bunch of racially-divisive jackasses.

edit on 4-1-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

(post by U4ns21 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
+29 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: U4ns21

So when is the black community going to rise up and do something about the disproportionate amount of black on black crime that occurs in this country? Or is the only crime that matters the white on black variety?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join