It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Protesters Storm NYC Restaurants – Target & Harass White People Eating Brunch

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TheArrow

Every 28 hours an unarmed black person is killed by the State. This weighs on the minds of black people, and the black people thought it should weigh on the mind of the white people too. That isn't racist, heck, that is a public service.

And I would wager my soul that every 28 hours a cop kills an unarmed white person.

But those kinds of stories do not make for headlines that sell. White people aren't allowed to have their own Al Sharpton. Or Jesse Jackson.

It seems to me that we all have a mutual cop problem.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: LewsTherinThelamon
But those kinds of stories do not make for headlines that sell. White people aren't allowed to have their own Al Sharpton. Or Jesse Jackson.

Uh... what do you call Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly, and Sean Hannity?

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheArrow

Ha, do you know how many more white people there are in show business? All the late night hosts, daily show, colbert report, bill maher, I could go on, I'm sure the list is quite lengthy....news reporters, etc....probably the same percentage or even more so than 77.7% white and 13.2% black for the population.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   

What's the dialogue that was sidetracked?

Police misconduct against the civilian population as well as the unnecessary militarization of our police force is being hijacked by police misconduct against the black population. And this becomes abundantly clear when people are making apologies for using the phrase "all lives matter" in place of the more segregated version "black lives matter".

“It minimizes the anti-blackness of this the current situation; yes, all lives matter, but not all lives are being targeted for police brutality,” one student wrote to Ms. McCartney.

Source

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   

how often do you hear them being blatantly racist like Sharpton Jackson and Farrakahn? how often have they openly called for violence on the black populace?
edit on 1/4/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: FraggleRock

Thats exactly right I made a thread about that a few nights ago

This whole black/white thing is being used by the media to distract away from what the real problem is......

Its engineered to do so

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Why?

Because it's akin to me saying that all black people are murderers. Not all white people are racist, and to suggest that is racist.

The point was certainly to make a statement, and the statement was made quite effectively, I thought.

I'm fine with highlighting racial issues, I'm not fine with blaming one race. They made a statement, and it was crappy and divisive.

Oh, honey, where are you from? We don't need to pretend that happens.

Seattle, and am very aware it's much different in other parts of the country. I wasn't claiming it doesn't happen, I was simply saying if the races and roles were reversed many that appear flippant over this incident would be more upset.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Not all of the names being read aloud were "unarmed, innocent victims."

Let me ask you this, if a man is intoxicated on drugs, attacks an officer, is tasered and then later dies of excited delirium is it the police officers fault?

Ultimately being unarmed is irrelevant.

I am 6' 1" and 240lbs with a martial arts background. I am quite confident I could beat somebody to death.

Should someone not be allowed to use deadly force against me as I am beating their head into the sidewalk?
edit on 4-1-2015 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   

You have half of the definition correct. Target other races because you think you are superior is the part you missed.

I didn't miss that part, the majority of black people in the US do believe that they are the superior race.

Hence why they believe that they can target people based on race and no one else can. They are privileged.

3. The media has successfully divided us by slanting news stories about police shootings to make them appear racially motivated.

So, how does that make you upset about the brunch you weren't at?

Because, if some cops were being racist and targeting back people--protesting a group of people that have nothing to do with it, simply because those people are white--is just as racist.

An unarmed black person is killed every 28 hours in this country. How often is an unarmed white person killed?

Every 28 hours--the media just doesn't report it because nobody cares.

5. It is beyond time for black people to stfu about racist white people. The majority of us couldn't give two #s about a person's skin color.

Then it isn't time for them to shut up, it is time for you to SPEAK UP. Stand with those that are being oppressed by other white people! What is wrong with you?

They're not being targeted because they're black. Cops do it to everyone.

These people aren't trying to be dominant, they just want to be equals.

No. We are already equal. We can all own property. We can all vote. We can all own weapons, hold beliefs, express our thoughts, enter into contracts, get an education, pay taxes, join militias--all the things that real oppressed people used to only fantasize about doing. Just ask Frederick Douglas about equality.

There is nothing that white people can do that black people cannot do.

200 years ago black people were actually oppressed. 200 years ago a black person would have been wipped for attempting to read a book.

In today's world, not only do white and black people enjoy the same rights, but black people have privileges that white people don't have.

So, we are actually unequal, but inversely.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Every 28 hours an unarmed black person is killed by the State.

Source please!

a reply to: LewsTherinThelamon

And I would wager my soul that every 28 hours a cop kills an unarmed white person.

Source please!

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   

I would call them asses

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Every 28 hours an unarmed black person is killed by the State.

Source please!

lmgtfy.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   

I didn't miss that part, the majority of black people in the US do believe that they are the superior race.

Hence why they believe that they can target people based on race and no one else can. They are privileged.

Care to back that up with... anything?

Because, if some cops were being racist and targeting back people--protesting a group of people that have nothing to do with it, simply because those people are white--is just as racist.

Only if they think they are superior to the white people.

An unarmed black person is killed every 28 hours in this country. How often is an unarmed white person killed?

Would love to see your stats. I won't hold my breath.

They're not being targeted because they're black. Cops do it to everyone.

And yet, blacks are killed at a rate 20 times more often than whites. Doesn't sound cool to me.

There is nothing that white people can do that black people cannot do.

Walk the streets of NYC without getting stopped and frisked.

200 years ago black people were actually oppressed. 200 years ago a black person would have been wipped for attempting to read a book.

The United States of America has never made an official apology for slavery.

In today's world, not only do white and black people enjoy the same rights, but black people have privileges that white people don't have.

Sure, buddy.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig

Not all of the names being read aloud were "unarmed, innocent victims."

You're right.

60% of them were unarmed.

40% of them were developmentally disabled.

The overlapping percentage where they were either unarmed or developmentally disabled hovers around 70%.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   

And of those "unarmed" individuals that died many were due to drug induced excited delirium.

They chose to get high and commit violent crimes.

As I have stated many times before any intentional, unwarranted killing of any person regardless of race is wrong. Especially if the police are the ones committing the act.

However, many of the cases the protesters referenced were not examples of police brutality or murder.

The problem I think America is experiencing is a lack of personal accountability.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   

a reply to: Jamie1

It has become blatantly obvious that the majority of black people are extremely racist.

For sure the majority of the blacks the media brings to our attention.

In fact, I'm sure all ethnic groups are "racists" if they would be honest. Koreans think Japanese are island monkey. Germans think Brits are island monkeys. Indians think Pakistani's are mountain monkeys and Pakinstani's think Indians are monkeys. Heck, dark skin blacks look down at lighter skin blacks.

But so what!? We can still make fun of each other and ourselves, and not take offense at everything and not take life so seriously.

I told a black friend I was thinking about going hang gliding, and he said I had a white brain. I needed a black brain. Blacks don't do stupid sh!t like jumping off cliffs because they grew up in the 'hood dodging bullets.

My one friend, who happens to be black, says to live by the 4 L's...

Laugh a little,
love a little,
learn a little, and
lighten the F*#k up.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   

And of those "unarmed" individuals that died many were due to drug induced excited delirium.

Where is this information coming from? I'd love to read about it.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   

You didn't research any of the incidents the protesters were referencing?

I hope you didn't just take the protesters words at face value and assume that every person they named were truly victims of police brutality.
edit on 5-1-2015 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   

You didn't research any of the incidents the protesters were referencing?

I hope you didn't just take the protesters words at face value and assume that every person they named were truly victims of police brutality.

I've already laid out my references. If you've got something to add, I'm all ears.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: phinubian
a reply to: Jamie1

Too bad that some will use a sound byte or some protesters who might not really be protesters or might not really be aligned with the original call of protesters with a cause, the one against unjust and disproportionate focus by police on certain groups, not just black, but in the case of Ferguson and Staten Island incidents, the victims happened to be black.

Are you one of those people that look for any banner or representative to make all protesters and protests look illegitimate or worse give them a black eye, no pun, then go and build a monolithic statement like using one of the twitter feeds to brand them or put them into your box.

I can, however, find one thing that might work against their method and point though, there are so many protesters that are not just black, on the first day of the police shootings in NYC, CNN showed a crowd of protesters, very few of them were black, but this is more of the exception than the rule though.

So if you really want a response to your original post on defining race baiting, if you aren't what responses are you attempting to illicit by the thread? your injected tone and feelings when the whole point of the protest involves focusing on race, the black protesters, the white or other patrons at the eateries, how can it not be race baiting, especially when this protest is a very, very small group in comparison to the many that stayed on message.

Of course, only the objective minded might be able to respond or handle something like this with some clarity, but for the average Joe, they won't see anything else except a hook, line and sinker with a big black worm on it, right? so again if what you post is not race baiting, what is it? do you have an actual point that would not attempt to place all protesters into the same box, go find some footage of protesters on point and presenting their views, did you do that? if so then I might retract my feelings of whether or not you are race baiting, perpetuating some very unorthodox or rude ways to get a a point across, but even so, is there etiquette or rule that might somehow make these protesters out of bounds because that's the way they feel ? yes it was less tactful, but this should not diminish any of the real points established after deaths occurred and no trials were deemed necessary, but after the fact many inconsistencies were found, actually one that I myself really had to keep going back to.

The story about Mike Brown is there for anyone to investigate, I really felt that the store incident was bad, but only recently I found high resolution of the sandals that Mike Brown had on in the store, but then there appeared to be some yellow sneakers on his body, there are also many inconsistencies smacking of coverups, or not so true series of events given not by the so called lying witnesses but by some very clever law enforcement colluding with police, the same story that has been happening for years and years, "training day" situations in real life.

Thank you for taking the time to post this reply. I appreciate your input and thoughts.

I have no idea what your definition of race baiting is. I posted the "official" definition. I'm not making any unfair statements about any race, or demeaning any race.

I pointed out this story of the "Black Brunch" which is already all over the news. You really think I'm race baiting because I posted it here?

The reason I posted it here is because the idea of going into restaurants on a Sunday and disrupting white diners is so ridiculously counter productive and divisive that I thought it might be some sort of intentional "false flag" to sway public opinion against the protesters, and keep the whole racial divide stirred up.

Believe it or not, the few hundred people on ATS who read this thread aren't going to be incited to hate blacks because they read this thread. The 20 million or so that see the story in the major media... they're probably going to think less of the protesters.

The "etiquette" rule that you speak of that the protesters might consider is protesting against the source of their problem, not innocent people that have nothing to do with their problem. It's stupid. It's like burning down Ferguson and destroying the businesses in their own neighborhood.

Stupid.

And what's their cause? The got justice. They just didn't like the result of the justice. Justice doesn't mean getting the outcome you want. Justice means the evidence was presented to a jury of peers, witnesses testified, and the jury came back with a decision. To accuse the jurors of being racists, or to pretend you have access to more evidence because you saw something on the internet is ludicrous.

And the stupidest part? I asked a protester what he really wanted. His answer? And end to the police state. How did he want that to happen? By putting cameras on police so they can video the citizens 24/7. Yeah... right. That will end the police state.

So accuse me of race baiting if that makes you feel righteous and justified. I posted the story. Go ahead and blame me for making the problem worse.

But wait... make sure you don't blame the people walking into the restaurants disrupting people having lunch as race baiters. Hell no. The never make unfair statements about another race, or whatever...

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join