It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 2015 ANIMALS/PETS Home!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Your picture gets me every time!

Not sure he could look any more relaxed

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

It's the only one I have worth looking at. He's usually moving so much, every other picture is a blur.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Well since this is an animals and pets thread and you are asking about exotics here is something a bit different.

I work with a lot of wildlife research projects and get to handle some very beautiful animals. This is one of around 40 mountain bluebirds (Sialia currucoides) that I had the privilege to work with this summer. They are said to carry the colour of the sky on their backs. This one gets to carry an earth sat on its back as well.

edit on 1-1-2015 by CraftBuilder because: of grapes.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
OK, I'll start out with this one. this is Nipper, on his favorite website just like his mommy!!! I don't have him anymore b/c a few years ago i fell on hard time and had to move back in with my parents. My mom ended up falling head over heals for him. When i had gotten my own place again she told me i couldn't take him or she would cry. So of course I gave in. not only did i know he would be loved very much and spoiled rotten to this day but i still get to visit a lot, and every time I do as soon as he sees me he comes running right to me and i pick him up and he will sit on the chair with me the whole time i visit my mom. To this day she tells me he was the best gift she ever received. He makes her happy and in turn I am happy. He eats better than me. She will cook seafood for him and everything!

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Here is a cat who will always hold a special place in my heart and i still think about him everyday.

R.I.P Sabastian April 1996 to August 10th, 2011. " A lifetime together, in my heart forever"

Its a very long post but i must share:

i always loved cats. i always used to say how cool it would be to have a cat that would let me hold him whenever i want, let me take him to bed and cuddle him all night just like a stuffed animal. Well my wish came true. I moved out when i was 18, the 1st apartment i looked at there was a teeny tiny white and black puff ball in the foyer. it was love at 1st sight. turned out it belong to the girl who lived in the downsrairs apartment. well me and brandon ended up taking the upstiars partment and becoming friends with Jen, the girl downstaires. Right from the start me and Sabastian had a special connection. he always wanted to be around me. whenever jen would open her door, sabastian would come running right up to my place and be with me. During that time i was in school and tne 1st thig he would do is lay across all the assignments i had spread across the floor. Jen knew he was hanging with me so she was always cool with it and would let him stay upstairs with me for a while.
Then the day came where Jen said she was moving. I cant tell you sad i was thinking i wasnt going to see sabastian anymore, until she asked if i wanted to take him since he liked me more anyway...i was delighted! i knew that cat was mine for good no matter where i went. He was there for me for 16yrs, through many moves, but he was always there for me. i moved alot and moving somewhere that wouldnt accept him just wasnt an option!
i think in everyones life theres always one pet that you will have a special connection with you will never experience again, and that was sabastian. Ive had plenty cats but the connection between me and Baswa was alot different. He was the most chill cat ever, i think everyone loved him that was ever at the apartments.
i could just pick him up and hold him forever, never squirmed, would just purr non stop and let me love him. Same thing for bedtime. i would lay him next to me, cuddle him and fall alseep to his purr. The cat loved me and I loved him. In time he would just cuddle up next to me and purr, same thig with bed, when it was time for bed he would hop up on his spot, right next to my head and purr me to sleep. Sometimes id wake up halfway on him and be so scared i hurt him but there he was to give me a good morning purr. He has some health rpoblems even since he was young. he had a heart murmer, went thru a phase of alot of urinary tract infections and even had to have surgery to get bladder stones removed. he was a fighter tho, always purring and recovering quickly. I def spent a ton on that cat but i dont care. he was my "son". always will be. I'll never forget the very 1st time i went to California for a week. My room mates said he hid under the stove the whole time. i think he thought i abandonded him...NEVER! I'm going to miss his love bites. even as he was older when he played he bit hard and had an obsession with feet! im going to miss his crazy attacks on my feet and arms so much. he also used to love to knead and suckle anything soft. i thought it was adorable. My room mate Amy didnt like it so much when she would come home and all the stuffed animals are her bed were soaking wet with cat slobber lmao. he would follow me around the house, he was always there. This last time he got sick i noticed he wasnt eating as much but i really didnt think much of it as he was still in good spirits and loving. when he stopped eating completlety i got scared and immediatley made a vet appoinment. until the appointment i was giving him water thru a feeding syringe and also feeding him baby food thru a syringe. I started to notice he was hiding under the bed and didnt want to sleep on the bed. i still had high hopes. He was still able to walk around and was able to get him to drink water and he kept soem of the baby food down. so i went to the vets feeling optimistic. the vet noticed right away he was very dehydrated and took him for bloodwork and came back with the grim news. i was holding Sabastian on my lap and the vet told me his kidneys shut down and euthanization was the best choice and if it was his cat he would to the same. I immediatlety started shaking and crying and holding onto sabastian. I looked into his eyes and they said "mom its time to let go" so i went thru with it. I always promised it would be me and him until the end and it was. I stayed right there and told him how much i loved him and thanked him for all the wonderful years he gave me. i stayed with him right until his last breath. I know i did the right thing. as much as i miss my baby right now i know hes at peace.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Some great pics and info folks!

Thanks to all contributors.

Just to mention a few other topics that I believe can make this a great thread even for those not interested in pets:

Animal cruelty
Friendship
Animal rights
Acts of Bravery/Compassion
Testing in Sciences
Search & Rescue
Care of pets
Human/Animal Relationships
Origins
Medical
Exotic

And yes...Conspiracy subjects as well.

Peace

edit on 1-1-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: miss_sky

Thx for the share.

Got something in my eye.

I believe animals know when it's their time as well. You were lucky for so many years.

Peace

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraftBuilder
Well since this is an animals and pets thread and you are asking about exotics here is something a bit different.

I work with a lot of wildlife research projects and get to handle some very beautiful animals. This is one of around 40 mountain bluebirds (Sialia currucoides) that I had the privilege to work with this summer. They are said to carry the colour of the sky on their backs. This one gets to carry an earth sat on its back as well.

Thanks.

I see "OSY" in the age column of the paper. Can I ask what that means?

Peace

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Here's some pictures of our two Catahoula Leopard Dogs.

Cayenne:

Nola:

And sharing their favorite chair:

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

thank you. Pics of the kids are son to come, i just got tired. drank a little too much last night.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Hey Jude!

looks like you made great strides in trying to get the new forum.

I drank about 2,3....ok, 5 drinks too many last night.

I felt like death until about 2 pm today. New Years Sucks!!!!!!!

I'm still glad your thread got a lot of traction though.

Great job!

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
ASY - Adult Second Year. We have no previous history with that bird so we don't know his exact birth date. Instead we use feather moulting patterns to determine age, thus ASY.

You're looking at the very first time in history that an electronic device is small enough and is being used on blue birds to determine their entire migratory route and year long locations. I'm very excited for the birds return next spring so that the they can be retrieved and the data downloaded.

edit on 1-1-2015 by CraftBuilder because: of typo.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Loved the latest pics everyone! Awwww a pretty blue bird!

Miss Sky, you made me cry. It brought back memories of all the precious pets I loved and lost through the years. They all have a special place in my heart and will be remembered and loved forever.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

awwww. they are very special and leave paw prints on our hearts forever.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraftBuilder
ASY - Adult Second Year. We have no previous history with that bird so we don't know his exact birth date. Instead we use feather moulting patterns to determine age, thus ASY.

You're looking at the very first time in history that an electronic device is small enough and is being used on blue birds to determine their entire migratory route and year long locations. I'm very excited for the birds return next spring so that the they can be retrieved and the data downloaded.

Thanx

Please share whatever info you can on the return. Should be very interesting!

Peace

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
this is Danzig. he is named after Glen Danzig. fitting name for him. he has a lot of attitude and thinks he is much bigger then he really is. [IMG]http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w289/jaymoore_album/danzig.jpg[/IMG ]
edit on 2-1-2015 by cancerslug because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I lost my beloved shi-tzu Misty in 2007. That dog was my baby. I was with her when she had to be put down, and it felt like I had betrayed her, but her liver was failing and she had had a severe seizure the night before. The vet thought she had developed a brain lesion. Misty was suffering and I just couldn't allow it to go on.

It was almost 5 years before my husband talked me into another dog. We went to "interview" a pair of Pomeranians from his co-worker's aunt who was losing her house in 2 weeks and needed a good home for them . We ended adopting them that night. Nellie & Lacey will never be Misty, but they are the best Nellie & Lacey who will ever be. They're sweet, loving little girls who are wonderful lapdogs, nap dogs, let's-go-downstairs-and-do-laundry-with-Mom-dogs, watchdogs and mousers, but refuse to get off the back porch if it's even spitting rain outside.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Saw this in another thread so just had to bring it here:

But I didn't see part 2 posted so here it is:

Ok cat vs dog folks...go at it!

Peace

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cheddarhead

I lost my beloved shi-tzu Misty in 2007. That dog was my baby. I was with her when she had to be put down, and it felt like I had betrayed her, but her liver was failing and she had had a severe seizure the night before. The vet thought she had developed a brain lesion. Misty was suffering and I just couldn't allow it to go on.

It was almost 5 years before my husband talked me into another dog. We went to "interview" a pair of Pomeranians from his co-worker's aunt who was losing her house in 2 weeks and needed a good home for them . We ended adopting them that night. Nellie & Lacey will never be Misty, but they are the best Nellie & Lacey who will ever be. They're sweet, loving little girls who are wonderful lapdogs, nap dogs, let's-go-downstairs-and-do-laundry-with-Mom-dogs, watchdogs and mousers, but refuse to get off the back porch if it's even spitting rain outside.

Nice adoption but are you sure you interviewed them or was it the other way around?

Peace

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: cancerslug
this is Danzig. he is named after Glen Danzig. fitting name for him. he has a lot of attitude and thinks he is much bigger then he really is. [IMG]http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w289/jaymoore_album/danzig.jpg[/IMG ]

Here ya go.

I dub this: "Here I am in all my glory...Love me or piss off!"

Peace

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join