It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 2015 ANIMALS/PETS Home!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

I still eat fish though

My first job was a fishmonger and I killed lots of things there.
It was just how it blinked and cried....now If I was starving I would have done this.

Warning do not watch if easily offended.

I have witnessed various animals being killed and butchered for meat and it does haunt me a little but many just wouldn't be here If we didn't eat them I suppose.
I guess we would just see them in zoos.
edit on 4-1-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

I still eat fish though

My first job was a fishmonger and I killed lots of things there.
It was just how it blinked and cried....now If I was starving I would have done this.

Warning do not watch if easily offended.

I have witnessed various animals being killed and butchered for meat and it does haunt me a little but many just wouldn't be here If we didn't eat them I suppose.
I guess we would just see them in zoos.

I have no problem with killing animals to eat if Done humanely and not for sport.

If animals are raised with respect of life for food. No problem.

It's only greed that takes away from that.

Peace

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Sorry but I can't bring myself to watch any of the videos posted. I have seen enough in the past and I find them too disturbing.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Sorry but I can't bring myself to watch any of the videos posted. I have seen enough in the past and I find them too disturbing.

Yeah, not for some people.

I always think that people should be aware of these practices when making food choices for themselves as well as their family. It has always been a sore spot for me that so many just ignore where our food comes from and the process that unfolds before it hits our tables.

Sorry if it upset you .

Peace

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Oh don't be sorry for one minute, it was people like you who first brought it to my awareness many years ago. People do need to be aware. Carry on.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Oh don't be sorry for one minute, it was people like you who first brought it to my awareness many years ago. People do need to be aware. Carry on.

Yeah...this old man does carry on...too much at times.

Peace

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Crazy Ivan approves this thread.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: graceunderpressure
Crazy Ivan approves this thread.

Don't know why but this is quickly becoming my favorite cat pic...

Attitude at its finest.

Peace

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Ahahaha! Love Ivan! Cats can be quite comical.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Ahahaha! Love Ivan! Cats can be quite comical.

But Ivan seems not to find anything comical whatsoever. More of a complete and utter disdain for all things.

Almost as if..."Dude...Really?"

If we ever get a forum I am going to elect Ivan as the forum mascot.

Peace

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Hahaha! Good idea! I'll second the motion.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Thank you, Jude and NightStar. As Ivan's lowly minion I am grateful for the appreciation. Meanwhile Ivan, on the other hand, just swished his tail and turned his back to all of us with the utmost disdain.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: graceunderpressure

Hahaha! I bet if we offered him a treat he wouldn't have his back turned for long.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: graceunderpressure

Meanwhile Ivan, on the other hand, just swished his tail and turned his back to all of us with the utmost disdain.

Getting to like Ivan more as time passes...

Peace

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Ghost wanted to pop in and give you a S&F for a great thread Jude!

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Ghost wanted to pop in and give you a S&F for a great thread Jude!

Looks like Ghost is popping something...

"Down Boy...Down!"

Peace

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Purr-fect story to post on the 2015 Animal/Pets Forum.

Hero cat saves baby from freezing to death

Masha, a long-haired tabby cat, saved the life of a baby abandoned in the streets of Russia — after she climbed into the box he was discarded in and kept him warm, health officials said.

“The baby had only been outside for a few hours and thanks to Masha … he was not damaged by the experience,” a hospital spokesman told Central European News.

The whiskered hero even meowed to get the attention of a passerby.

“She is very placid and friendly, so when I heard her meowing, I thought that perhaps she had injured herself,” said Obninsk city resident Irna Lavora. “Normally she would have come and said hello to me. You can imagine my shock when I saw her lying in a box next to a baby.”

Masha is a communal cat who is looked after by local residents. When she found the baby — who appeared to be in great shape — she immediately took to him as if he were her own, according to CEN.

“Clearly her mothering instincts had taken over and she wanted to protect the child,” Larova explained. “He was well-dressed with a little hat, and whoever left him here had even left a few nappies and some baby food.”

The baby was immediately rushed to a local hospital, where he was given a checkup and declared fit and healthy, officials said. Since the child was found, Masha has been hailed as a hero by local residents — and she’s been reaping the benefits.

“Everyone in the block is very proud of her,” Lavora said. “We have all spoiled her rotten by giving her her favorite food.”

source

edit on 15-1-2015 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet

What a great story!

I really don't get how people can just leave their babies like that

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrLimpet
Purr-fect story to post on the 2015 Animal/Pets Forum.

Hero cat saves baby from freezing to death

Masha, a long-haired tabby cat, saved the life of a baby abandoned in the streets of Russia — after she climbed into the box he was discarded in and kept him warm, health officials said.

“The baby had only been outside for a few hours and thanks to Masha … he was not damaged by the experience,” a hospital spokesman told Central European News.

The whiskered hero even meowed to get the attention of a passerby.

“She is very placid and friendly, so when I heard her meowing, I thought that perhaps she had injured herself,” said Obninsk city resident Irna Lavora. “Normally she would have come and said hello to me. You can imagine my shock when I saw her lying in a box next to a baby.”

Masha is a communal cat who is looked after by local residents. When she found the baby — who appeared to be in great shape — she immediately took to him as if he were her own, according to CEN.

“Clearly her mothering instincts had taken over and she wanted to protect the child,” Larova explained. “He was well-dressed with a little hat, and whoever left him here had even left a few nappies and some baby food.”

The baby was immediately rushed to a local hospital, where he was given a checkup and declared fit and healthy, officials said. Since the child was found, Masha has been hailed as a hero by local residents — and she’s been reaping the benefits.

“Everyone in the block is very proud of her,” Lavora said. “We have all spoiled her rotten by giving her her favorite food.”

source

Thanks for that!

Great addition to what I hope will be a great home for pet and animal lovers.

Peace

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
A great vid about the love and psychological benefits of animals.

"It’s easy to see why the Royal Dutch Guide Dog Foundation’s commercial for “veteran dogs” has been announced as the winner of the Gouden Loeki 2014 award, an honor given to the best Dutch commercial of the year."

www.theblaze.com... ision/

Peace

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join