It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 2015 ANIMALS/PETS Home!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Well folks...I tried.

I tried to get an ANIMALS/PETS forum on ATS to no avail so...

Welcome to the General Chit Chat ANIMALS/PETS thread!

Just as we have morning coffee threads, joke threads, funny pic threads etc we should now have an ANIMALS/PETS thread!

I tried here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here:

Here:

No success.

So I thought about it and came to this solution. If we can't have an actual forum, we can most certainly have a thread dedicated to our shorter family members.

So please feel free to post pics, stories, questions, concerns, medical, loss, adoptions, love, hate, whatever you desire. But remember it's all about our family members with a shorter stature and bigger hearts that we are talking about.

I wish I could start it off with pictures of my wolves that I have lost but sadly it's not possible.

So how about a group hug going out to all our friends!

And a top 50 sites link for us... www.worldwidelearn.com...

Remember, we don't own our pets...we are only allowed to live with them because they not only allow it but they choose us.

I'll try to keep this thread going as long as I can but if someone steps up to say they can do a better job I will gladly pass the baton. Many know that I have been trying for a few years to get this going so please, please support this by posting your stories, pics so that we can get some rubber to the road.

Peace

edit on 31-12-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Good luck buddy!

Hope it works this time around.

Why is ATS so against having a pet forum?

Come on guys! Animals and pets are amazing creatures.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric

Good luck buddy!

Hope it works this time around.

Why is ATS so against having a pet forum?

Come on guys! Animals and pets are amazing creatures.

Thanks.

I believe that now we'll get some traction since it's not an actual forum but rather a thread not unlike the morning coffee or jokes threads which are supported and allowed.

I'm ok with this.

Peace

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Well. This little buddy was rescued from the road at an estimated 1-3 days old.

He never knew cats, so he's very human like. He even talks, and I know at least 4 different responses as to his general meaning.

I'm a dog person, and a Big dog person at that, but when you meet a cat that you have to save, and bottle feed and all that, and it turns out he thinks he's a human, and even used to have favorite keys on the keyboard.. Well.. I got owned.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I don't know why, but this thread struck a nerve in me. In a good way...

Defiance!!!

Jude, you suggested it best when I snapped and tried to gain support for a similar forum. You're suggested name was the "Flora and Fauna" forum and I thought it was spot on. Hopefully they will come around...

It would draw viewers and subject posters to advertising at the same time. A win/win situation, yeah!

Punk in Drublic...

edit on 31-12-2014 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Heeeey Jude. ( I always wanted to say that! LOL!!)
Just want to save a spot in Your Thread for when I post a Pic of Skooter!

Good Idea of starting this !!!!

CatchYa Later! Syx.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight

Well. This little buddy was rescued from the road at an estimated 1-3 days old.

He never knew cats, so he's very human like. He even talks, and I know at least 4 different responses as to his general meaning.

I'm a dog person, and a Big dog person at that, but when you meet a cat that you have to save, and bottle feed and all that, and it turns out he thinks he's a human, and even used to have favorite keys on the keyboard.. Well.. I got owned.

Nice!

I once adopted a cat off the Trans Canada highway outside of Winnipeg in a snow storm. Just a ball of grey fur sitting there and I knew it was lost so I pulled over. No running but I just reached out and picked him up with no fight. He was shivering like crazy.

When I got him home I noticed his tail was broken and it was also stiff as a board. No blood flow so it actually froze. I couldn't afford a vet so I took a chance, found where the frozen part ended and cut off the tail with some shears. Not a sound. Didn't even notice. Frozen!

Anyhoo...He came around after a few days, recovered well and we named him Stubs...

Peace

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak

Heeeey Jude. ( I always wanted to say that! LOL!!)
Just want to save a spot in Your Thread for when I post a Pic of Skooter!

Good Idea of starting this !!!!

CatchYa Later! Syx.

Your spot is officially noted.

Peace!

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
On my phone so can't just subscribe, posting to keep tabs

link   

would have loved to see a pic of your wolves!!

anyhow thanks for starting this thread. I have some pics of my "kids" that i will post a little later.

link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
I don't know why, but this thread struck a nerve in me. In a good way...

Defiance!!!

Jude, you suggested it best when I snapped and tried to gain support for a similar forum. You're suggested name was the "Flora and Fauna" forum and I think it was spot on. Hopefully they will come around...

It would draw viewers and subject posters to advertising at the same time. A win/win situation, yeah!

Punk in Drublic...

Thanks!

I Don't see it as Defiance tho. Rather I see it as working with what is available to me while staying within the Desires of the owners. Hopefully this will appease both parties.

Peace

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
On my phone so can't just subscribe, posting to keep tabs

Glad to have you aboard!

Peace

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: miss_sky

would have loved to see a pic of your wolves!!

anyhow thanks for starting this thread. I have some pics of my "kids" that i will post a little later.

Thanks!

The more the merrier. Show us the "KIDS!"

Peace

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I just had to include 2 of my 4 pups into the thread.

On the left, we have spoiled rotten Cooper. Black and White Shih-Tzu/Bishon mix. Weighing in at about 18 lbs.

On the right, we have spoiled rotten Sophie. White and Tan shih-Tzu/Bishon mix. Weighing in at about 10 lbs.

I feel like I'm introducing them for a fight in a boxing ring.

I think the New Year's drinks are kicking in. It's weird stuff like this that happens when the hubby falls asleep too early and leaves me up by myself. lol.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

On the left, we have spoiled rotten Cooper. Black and White Shih-Tzu/Bishon mix. Weighing in at about 18 lbs.

On the right, we have spoiled rotten Sophie. White and Tan shih-Tzu/Bishon mix. Weighing in at about 10 lbs.

I think the New Year's drinks are kicking in. It's weird stuff like this that happens when the hubby falls asleep too early and leaves me up by myself. lol.

I pick Sophie for the win!

She looks like a fighter.

Peace

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Thanks to all so far that have contributed to what I hope will be a long standing and successful/enjoyable thread!

Please subscribe so we can all remain connected and stay up-to-date on new member submissions.

I believe we now have the voice we have been wanting for so long.

Thanks again.

Peace

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Did anyone buy this for Christmas ? :¬)

[ reverse image search ]

edit on 31-12-2014 by Takifugu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Takifugu
Did anyone buy this for Christmas ? :¬)

[ reverse image search ]

um...no.

Peace

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Just came across this:

Giant George the world's tallest dog EVER who stood over 7ft tall on his hind legs passes away at home

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

WoW!

I think it's a horse in Disguise.

Peace

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

I pick Sophie for the win!

She looks like a fighter.

Peace

And you would be right my friend!

Since she is "my" dog and, I'm home more than the rest of the family, she gets most of the attention. The other dogs, even the damn 90lbs boxer, knows not to mess with her. It's actually quite funny.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join