It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Plane Air Asia

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: jaffo

originally posted by: Bigburgh

originally posted by: AnnoyingNipples

originally posted by: Bigburgh

originally posted by: AnnoyingNipples
Then who sent the false message to the relatives of the passengers that the plane landed safely?

I never saw that..
It was stated.. but never actually saw the text.
Do you have it?
With a time stamp?

Its on The Malaysian Insider, 2 days ago. I can't copy and paste here somehow on mobile

Sorry, but you can easily copy and paste from mobile. If you are looking at it, you should be able to provide it. Just saying.

Actually..
I'm in the same boat. Which is why you never see me link anything.. can't even access photos to upload when need..
Granted I have an HP Tablet running a Cyanegin9 mod android emulator... but I can't ..

I saw awful memes on twitter withing minutes of the first report.
One said... Verizon mobile.. when you absolutely need to make an emergency call..
For shame

That's really weird that you can't simply copy and paste the web address. Odd. And horribly distasteful on those tweets. People can just be the worst.

Not odd at all..
Getting off subject.
But the original format is slow on this device...
Now running this non approved software..
Some sites and Android detect it..
I have to spoof my log in every time..
I can't just press log in... it won't work
So I have to re type and hit enter...
There's a lot I can't see or do on ATS.

Back to subject...

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: jaffo

A simple copy and paste from my phone gives me the cold chills. Heh. And trying to copy just part of something usually has me wanting to see if airplane mode means it can fly.

Lol!

For national security reasons.. I'd be afraid what you might accidentally paste..
Fly where? Out the window?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
OFF TOPIC, not worth it's own thread: AirAsia ZEST plane overshoots runway in Kalibo, Philippines. Dang.

www.themalaymailonline.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

These things happen more often than we think but they don't surface until something major like QZ8501 happened. Now every little issue will be reported.

Sad news this morning on QZ8501 - but at least they found them! Hope that they might find some survivors. They are still more than 120 people missing.

Anyone has the coordinates where they suspect the plane now?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: flyandi

Of course it's a sad state of affairs and will continue to be so in the coming days. Loss of human life is our worst sadness and main fear in life.

I should have been clearer on my post. Airasia has some serious problems they need to deal with. As far as I can tell, there were no injuries but there could have been.

Peace

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
a reply to: flyandi

Of course it's a sad state of affairs and will continue to be so in the coming days. Loss of human life is our worst sadness and main fear in life.

I should have been clearer on my post. Airasia has some serious problems they need to deal with. As far as I can tell, there were no injuries but there could have been.

Peace

THIS. If you want a conspiracy in all of these threads, the conspiracy is that AirAsia probably has been operating with disregard for a lot of safety issues for quite some time and they are now coming home to roost. To be clear, that is pure conjecture on my part and I could absolutely be wrong. But given what else we have to work with, it seems like a logical place to start thinking.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I think Zaphod you may agree with my pilot friend who flys for BA when he says it very rare for a catastrophic accident to be down to just one factor. Normal its a combination of Environmental/ Mechanical / Human error.

In this case we know a likely Environmental factor the storm, the question now is what was the Mechanical and human error.

Im going to hazard a guess they fly into a storm, the pilot tubes froze over, the plane stalled, the pilot did not have the experience to recognize this and the plane crashes before they could recover.

A tragic accident but no conspiracy or malicious intent.

hopefully if so Asian Airlines find that out quickly and can implement better crew training/ SOP to avoid further incidents.
edit on 30-12-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: flyandi

These things happen more often than we think but they don't surface until something major like QZ8501 happened. Now every little issue will be reported.

Sad news this morning on QZ8501 - but at least they found them! Hope that they might find some survivors. They are still more than 120 people missing.

Anyone has the coordinates where they suspect the plane now?

Sorry I don't..
All I know its 35-45m under water. And 105 miles West off the Borneo coast.
edit on 30-12-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

Most of that info is on page 38-39 of this thread.
Start with Daaskapital.
At some point there was a link with a more accurate location..

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

40m It good as the chance for black box recovery is good as its easily reached by divers.

There are many places in the Pacific where if it crashed you would never have a chance of hell in recovering anything as it would be 2000+ m down
edit on 30-12-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: Bigburgh

40m It good as the chance for black box recovery is good as its easily reached by divers.

There are many places in the Pacific where if it crashed you would never have a chance of hell in recovering anything as it would be 2000+ m down

That's what we all keep saying..
If the plane is visible from the air. Not known yet how intact it is. Not likely.
Then there's a good chance..
Divers were dispatched to the site.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

They call it an accident chain. Break any one link, and the accident doesn't happen. But usually, the reaction to the first link exacerbates the problem, and creates the next link.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

There are multiple AirAsia airlines. They operate under the AirAsia umbrella, but separately. It's similar to Virgin, Virgin Atlantic, and Virgin America.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

THIS. If you want a conspiracy in all of these threads, the conspiracy is that AirAsia probably has been operating with disregard for a lot of safety issues for quite some time and they are now coming home to roost. To be clear, that is pure conjecture on my part and I could absolutely be wrong. But given what else we have to work with, it seems like a logical place to start thinking.

You are not far off the mark.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

If people knew how regional/low cost carriers in the US have been caught operating they'd never get on one again.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Low cost carriers are the scourge of the airline industry. They force safety issues. People get very excited at a 150 flight to bermuda. What do they think was cut in terms of costs.

Im just reading about the MAS Air Asia A and M contract and I have a niggling feeling they should look there for answers in the end of all this mess.

I also just saw a flash across my screen that they found the wreckage, can anyone confirm?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

If people knew how regional/low cost carriers in the US have been caught operating they'd never get on one again.

Exactly. The crazy thing isn't that planes occasionally do go down. The crazy thing is how often they probably should go down. Flying is dangerous. It involves a MYRIAD of constantly changing factors, any one of which could bring down a plane at any time. People think it's way more routine and safe than it is. And I don't mean that as an indictment against any airline, really. It's just the reality of the situation. Fast turnarounds, wildly changing temperatures and conditions, varying weights on each plane. It's a lot of variables and we should all be amazed that so few planes actually crash.

link   

edit on 30-12-2014 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Yes they did. Forty bodies so far.

Look into Colgan Air. That makes just about anything I've heard in Asia look mild.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Exactly. The crazy thing isn't that planes occasionally do go down. The crazy thing is how often they probably should go down. Flying is dangerous. It involves a MYRIAD of constantly changing factors, any one of which could bring down a plane at any time. People think it's way more routine and safe than it is. And I don't mean that as an indictment against any airline, really. It's just the reality of the situation. Fast turnarounds, wildly changing temperatures and conditions, varying weights on each plane. It's a lot of variables and we should all be amazed that so few planes actually crash.
On the contrary planes are pretty safe. 90 % OF AVIATION ACCIDENTS ARE PILOT ERROR AND IS THE CASE WITH THIS AIR ASIA CRASH.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Oh I mas in work calls all morning! I missed the update.

Those poor Poor families.

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join