It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Plane Air Asia

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

There's a Minimum Equipment List(MEL) used to determine if a plane needs to be repaired right away or if it can wait. There's usually something that's "MEL-ed" on most flights waiting to be repaired.

(post by jaffo removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I was reading a Q/A from people in the airline industry someplace. One thing I noticed that was said was, "there is ALWAYS something broken on the plane".

I guess usually they have redundant systems, or whatever's broken isn't critical -- but they'd prefer not to announce it to the folks waiting at the gate. The Q/A went on to say that "delayed due to weather" is often an excuse given when the plane is being worked on.

Can anyone confirm?

I can say with the voice of experience that there is almost always "something" broken, or inoperative, or totally missing. That is why we have a thing called a "Minimum Equipment List." It tells us that it's ok to leaveSome don't really matter. Some do. We are trained tho know the difference and to deal with the consequences of something breaking.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: F4guy

No, it's not, but it can be used as an indication that people survived the impact. If someone survived, but was knocked unconscious by impact they'll have water in the lungs.

Not necessarily. The vasolaryngeal spasm is autonomous and occurs in both conscious and unconscious victims.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

A person unconscious is more likely to float face down, so they're more likely to have water in their system.

It's not 100% accurate, but it's a quick way to know. Obviously more detailed autopsies will be done, but its a quick way to tell.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
The search and recovery should be resuming around about now - there are a couple of storms in the area at the moment which would make things a bit difficult.

I think in a few hours time, around 8 or 9 am local (indonesian) time, there will be another official update.

Wishing all involved strength during this time

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

Now let's wait for another plane 'shot down' on Ukraine. I hope it is just another typical crash. It is very weird that Malaysian Airlines lost their third plane in few months.

God bless victims.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: residentofearth

They didn't. This branch of AirAsia is from Malaysia but has nothing to do with Malaysian Airlines.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Just a short story about being unable to approve a course change or altitude change.

Coming out of N.Y.

I think it was spring time and there was a huge line of rapidly building thunderstorms that extended from Mississippi to just about the North Pole (sarcasm) ... In the first 45 minutes of the flight this line of storms continued to build so that when we got to their location the tops of the storms were in excess of 39,000 feet. We were heavy and the max I could climb to at that stage of the flight was 33,000.

I told ATC that we needed to deviate left of course which they approved on at least two occasions. After awhile a different voice came over the radio and said something like, " O.K. we need you to turn right now and proceed to someplace that would have placed us trying to penetrate the line of storms.... which was located about 5 or 10 miles off our right wing..

The ATC controller with his attitude and voice pissed me off.. So in a polite way I told him that I thought "he" had a problem for we were not going right. There had been allot of chatter on the radio up to that point but when I said that the frequency went silent for a moment or two. A different controller came over the radio (probably a supervisor) and asked our intentions. He was nicer... I told him we can proceed direct to someplace USA and can descend to a different altitude if necessary but we were already at our max altitude for our weight and were unable to turn right.

We continued on a parallel course until we found a break big enough to allow us to get through the line and upon notification of ATC of our intentions we proceed to our destination.. In the back of my mind I figured I would get a call to speak with some ATC dude when I landed but no call, nothing, which is the way it is supposed to be. ATC cannot endanger your aircraft; turn right and fly through a brick wall...screw U bubba... The Captain is responsible for the flight and everything that happens from the initial push back until block in at the gate. Safety is not a politically correct endeavor sometimes even though we all try to work together..

Another poster said something about the crew blaming weather for a mechanical problem at the gate.. I call B.S. on whoever said that. When an Minimum equipment list item is cleared at the gate by maintenance it may only take a few minutes to fix the item.. The aircraft log book has to be signed off that the item was fixed along with all the other paperwork for the new part which usually takes longer than the actual fix.

Eastern Airlines had a Fed on the jump seat.. Flight attendant told the Captain that one of the power lights for the galley was not working. The first or second officer (?) went back to see if he could fix the light.. The spare bulb compartment did not have the bulb that was needed.. The flight was enroute to someplace the Fed wanted to go with one stop over. The intermediate stop also did not have the 50 cent bulb (probably $25 since we are talking aircraft stuff) so the Captain continued on to their final destination instead of shutting the flight down 1/2 way to their final destination.. Result was Eastern was fined some ungodly amount for flying with an open cabin log book write up. The fine was 2X the normal amount because there was a landing with no fix.,. The feds are pretty darn chick sh*t about their rules and regulations and as most things governmental common sense does not apply or is totally lacking.. At my company no one wrote anything in a log book without speaking to the Captain first..

I might be wrong but I believe the Eastern Captain was fined and or got 90 days off (no work no pay) ...

Two log books on a commercial aircraft, one for the cabin and the actual aircraft log book that stays in the cockpit. The Eastern flight attendant had written in the cabin log book the power light for the oven was inop thinking the first destination would have a light bulb..

The aviation industry is and can be one of the safest means of travel there is.. It truly is a team effort... but the buck stops in the Captain's chair..

Just some stories with no video, believe what you may. Thunderstorms are not something to play with. I punched through a line ( single pilot, twin engine turbo prop) in S.E. Asia (no place to land and not enough fuel to fly around the world) ... I entered at 8000 ft and got spit out of the side at 14,800 feet with the engines at idle and the nose pointed down trying to maintain best turbulence penetration speed.. It was a real "E" ticket ride with noise and everything !

The power of some storms is truly awesome..

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: residentofearth
a reply to: auroraaus

Now let's wait for another plane 'shot down' on Ukraine. I hope it is just another typical crash. It is very weird that Malaysian Airlines lost their third plane in few months.

God bless victims.

Air Asia is a totally different carrier from Malaysian Airlines. This is the first fatal accident in Air Asia's 20 year history.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

ATC is down there because pilots are up there, not the other way around. Never let ATC try to fly your airplane for you or pressure you do anything you're not comfortable with. I don't know why it's hard for a lot of pilots to learn that.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

What I said is that there are times that there is a minor mechanical problem, but the PASSENGERS are told it's weather related to avoid compensation issues. I used to work closely with several airlines and heard from a few people they did it.

If the flight is delayed overnight or canceled because of mechanical issues, then it used to be that the airline had to provide a hotel room, or alternate transport. If it's because of weather, they didn't/ don't. So at least some airlines would tell the passengers it was a weather problem not mechanical. All the paperwork was legally done, etc. It just saved money dealing with the pax.

(post by deadeyedick removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

The fact is that you are assuming it was. It takes time to review the tapes, as they have to get them, and listen to them several times.

Meanwhile others are interviewing the controllers, which is done first. If the controller gives a statement that he cleared them it's going to be reported he did. If it comes out later he didn't, after the tapes are reviewed suddenly the story changes.

Recordings are never released this early in an investigation. It won't be until investigators are done with it.
edit on 12/30/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Ah thanks...

And for the love of God if there's something wrong with the wing, can they NOT be out on it using what looks like duct tape to fix it while I watch out the window? I mean, I realize it's not regular hardware store tape -- but most people don't and it really freaks them out!

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I totally understand what you are saying here.
I have understood your post from the jump but you try to dismiss what is right under your nose.
All the methods of responding too and investigating crashes are tried and true for the most part unless you get some involved in the reporting that have other agendas than truth.

If they come out and report for 2 days that the direction change was approaved then come on the third day they say it was not approaved then by my standards i am not gonna put any faith in the absolute truth getting reported.
You can drag out the argument all you want but the easiest part of the investigation for them is listening to the recordings and is usually done in the us within hrs of an incident. Chalk it up to them being fairly new in the industry or whatever the case turns out to be but it is not standard to get that type of info changing on day 3 when you have reported under the assumption that what was stated come from the recordings. In other words they could have not been so definitive at first if in fact they had not heard the recordings yet.

I will never buy the notion that any person here could believe it takes 3 days to listen to the recordings of the control center. We may not ever hear the recordings givin the way reporting has went so far. It is not normal.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Not for the NTSB or AAIB. But they're not dealing with it. Applying standards of them to another country doesn't work.

And jumping from missing to coverup because of that makes no sense. You can't decide they're going to lie because one detail changed early on.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I don't know if you are trolling or if you really believe the what you are saying, but the result is the same.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I do hope it is just due to inexpierence. Going from missing to cover up is exactly what any good investigator would do. It is very easy to eliminate the extrme possibilities and that is a good place to start. After the tapes are released then i will know if i am full of it here in my line of thinking. Only after the clear picture is formed can we back away from other things givin that highly suspect handling has taken place so far.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
ATTENTION

Insulting, Name calling and Off Topic will NOT be tolerated.

If you have an issue with something that someone posted, use the Alert feature to notify the staff.

Continue to post insults to each other, and you will be Post Banned.

Do not reply to this post.

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join