It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Plane Air Asia

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Ivar_Karlsen

Thanks for the clarification! Although it is a real shame there isn't a better way to track these things, considering they carry so many people at once!

At this day and age I would expect a little more from something that is so modern and expensive.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
How is it that my freaking iPhone has better tracking than god damn planes???

The aviation industry needs to step up their game. With the amount of money spent in the airline industry, there is ZERO reason why planes SHOULD EVER go missing...

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

They're working on it. ATC systems are years behind. Even the phone in my hand is more advanced than some ATC systems.

But it takes time, and the people building the new transponders can only build them so fast.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

The aviation industry needs to step up their game. With the amount of money spent in the airline industry, there is ZERO reason why planes SHOULD EVER go missing...

Other than the fact that radiolocation is line-of-sight....

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Just check Diego Garcia Airbase. I bet my left leg the plane is there, or was.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Oh dear.

It's obviously a sad event, but there is still hope that survivors might be found.

It's depressing to see the usual nonsense being spouted on here about everything from terrorism to alien abduction. I guess we should expect nothing less.

There is no evidence for the most bizarre things people are claiming, none, nada, zip. There is evidence that there was a storm in the area, and the MOST PLAUSIBLE explanation is that the flight deviation was for safety, to avoid this storm. There is no evidence of a hijacking, no evidence of aliens, no evidence of "worm holes", no evidence of any government "testing out some magical new weapon" and certainly no evidence of some conspiratorial evil club of bad guys "sacrificing" people for their "God".

The most likely scenario seems to be that they changed course to avoid the storm, they perhaps encountered it anyway and it brought the plane down in the Java Sea.

It's likely a search of the area will result in evidence of this, eventually. While it's a large area, it's much smaller than the search area of the previous missing plane.

I do agree that not being able to locate a plane is seriously concerning. In my previous employment I could track ten or twenty vehicles on a screen in real time, using tech from fifteen years ago, on a system that cost the company less than $200 a month. I find it quite bizarre that a plane with so many people on board can't be located.

However, there might be a thousand and one reasons for this that we don't know of.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
First Malaysia and now this...

In this time of technology, how can we just LOSE planes full of people?

Answer? We can't.

Something not right here...again.

Peace

Obviously they can and do. The radar only go so far from any coast. There is an awful lot of unwatched skies especially over the oceans. Don't be fooled by technology. It still can't cover where there is no radar and the radar are on land.
edit on 12282014 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: DJW001

Yea, because planes leave LoS all the time. Assuming the aircraft is above 600ft it can be seen on radar.

link   
a reply to: Truthbadger

And I bet your right leg it was nowhere even remotely close and is in the water just offshore.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Not beyond 200-250 miles it can't without an OTH radar. And even that can only see so far.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

How is it that my freaking iPhone apparently has better tracking than god damn planes???

Fixed this one for you...

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

You're comparing apples and oranges here... Different devices, different technologies, different scenarios.

Also, this exact line of thought was addressed only a couple pages back in the thread.

Now, as far as conspiracy theories go, I'm surprised I haven't seen this one yet:

Corporate espionage.

AirAsia, feeling threatened by Malaysia Airlines, managed to covertly take one of the MA birds down. People lose faith in MA, turn their loyalties and, more importantly, money over to AA. MA manages to figure this out, exacting a sort of revenge on a AA bird in the same vicinity.

Long shot and incredibly unlikely. In fact, I don't even really support the idea myself. Just thinking outside the box.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eagleyedobserver

How is it that my freaking iPhone apparently has better tracking than god damn planes???

Not apparently, it does.... I lost my iPhone on the streets of Chicago (after a boozy night), and found it days later from the iPhone tracking device on the phone... I was amazed how precise it was, it literally led me to the exact location/spot and my phone was just sitting there...

edit on 28-12-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

This is what I can't understand also.

But, would your iPhone still be able to be found if someone dropped it from a couple of thousand feet a few hundred miles out to sea? Would your iPhone also meet the security standards needed for integration into an avionics system?
Would your iPhone also be able to be found when the power is off or it's been damaged?

Things are not as simple as some here might like to pretend. While we should have this tech on planes already, it's not as easy as comparing it to basic systems civilians use in every day scenarios.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Actually there's only one.

Current transponders only broadcast when interrogated by a coded signal. No signal, no location. That signal is sent by a Secondary radar antenna, which due to horizon issues can only go about 250 miles or so.

By 2020, if it's not extended, all aircraft will have ADS-B transponders. Quite a few have them now, including a new builds, but most older aircraft have the older transponder.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

It may be seen on radar, but most radars only work by pinging the transponder. Without that ping, it's just a blip on the radar.

I've been in the air and had the transponder go out. Figured out holding the ident button would get us to light up. Long time ago...

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eagleyedobserver

Not apparently, it does.... I lost my iPhone on the streets of Chicago (after a boozy night), and found it days later from the iPhone tracking device on the phone... I was amazed how precise it was, it literally led me to the exact location/spot and my phone was just sitting there...

Unless your iPhone had been designed to work with aviation systems, secured to do so, then been put through a washing machine, dropped from two thousand feet, and was located potentially hundreds of feet underwater a few hundred miles from your location, everything you have just said is completely pointless and no comparison at all.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

I admit I am no expert on aviation or the technology, but as an outsider looking in, I just can't logically understand how this multi-billion dollar industry doesn't have better technology on board to track these planes...

And you are also speaking like you know what happened to the plane... None of us know, so creating your own little narrative there is great for your rebuttal, but who knows if what you're saying is even accurate?
edit on 28-12-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

If it's just a Secondary antenna it doesn't even see a blip if the transponder goes.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Money and tech. Aircraft technology is advancing faster than ground stations can be upgraded.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join