It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Plane Air Asia

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

16 hours later and counting, no plane or wreckage ?

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
go ATS you guys rock! someone has to keep tabs on the cia military xbox games!

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: phinubian

The search was suspended overnight.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

While traveling once I spoke to a pilot who was also traveling, and he told me that the fly by wire system that airbus uses has a flaw in that if the plane encounters sudden unexpected turbulence the computer system can crash, causing the plane to go out of control. I am not sure of the validity of this, but if this plane flew into a thunderstorm cell, ie they could not get over it and ended up flying through it, this could explain what happened. I was once on a flight from Detriot to Atlanta where somehow the pilot flew right into a thunderstorm, and experienced the most severe turbulence I ever encountered. it felt like something was shaking the plane like a rag doll. I literally thought we were going to break apart in flight, it was that severe. I would imagine that a plane in that kind of turbulence for any length of time is in extreme danger.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: phinubian

16 hours later and counting, no plane or wreckage ?

The search was suspended because it is night there.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
This is either one of two things:

1) Hugely bad luck for Malaysia to have lost 3 planes in under a year

2) A huge conspiracy, which is why people come to ATS in the first place.

this is unprecedented for this to happen, and if anyone can tell me that this is option 1, then your on the wrong site

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phatdamage
this is unprecedented for this to happen, and if anyone can tell me that this is option 1, then your on the wrong site

Why? Russia lost three commercial craft in one year in 1990, 1994, 2001, 2004 (two on the same day from the same airport), 2006 and 2011.

Any conspiracy there?

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Flight 5017 that crashed in July 2014 en route from Burkina Faso to Algeria. It was initially reported that it was due to storms. Does anyone know the type of plane it was and who built it?

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Im still wondering why there would be 23 americans on MH17. its a confirmed CIA kill, theres no conspiracy here. They claimed the plane was "hacked" and going to strike an American target.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Phatdamage

As I pointed out in an earlier post, since 1952 (the start of the jet age), there have been 19 times, counting Malaysian this year, that a single airline has lost multiple aircraft.

BOAC lost five Comet I aircraft in two years. Twice Pan Am lost three 707-300s in a matter of months. Two of those were lost less than two weeks apart.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Speckle

No they didn't. MH17 was shot down over the Ukraine.

The claims that MH370 was hacked are wrong. There is no outside access to the computers.
edit on 12/28/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: cry93

It was a McDonnell Douglas, now Boeing, MD-80 series.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I think the media help people forget there was a jet age speckled with issues

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Sheesh, I watched the Mayday: Flight 447 episode last night - way to rub it in world! Always a sad loss, in fact, there have been a brutal many this year. Did automation really make everything safer? A single parameter in an Airbus computer can cause catastrophe if the pilot mis-reads it, is what I've learned from every Airbus crash ever. RIP because a missing plane is a downed plane, as we've had to learn over the last few years with multiple incidents. As sad as that is, it's fact - missing planes don't turn up
If Mayday has taught me anything, it's to be wary when you're on an Airbus and don't fly late Dec to early Jan cos that's when most planes crash. Hope they find it and bring families closure they deserve.
edit on 28-12-2014 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
These weren't three regular crashes - they were three mysterious crashes. In fact two were actually disappearances and not known crashes.

Most crashes happen during take off or landing - it's incredibly rare to just fall out of the sky without a Mayday. In fact, I think just one large jet liner disappeared before and that one was a cargo plane.

Sure you can explaining away one fluke disappearance with a theory relying on really bad luck but two within the same year owned by the same small country?

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Well, If any of Y'All are interested there's a way to do your own bit of Investigating
Arjunanda
Click on the tiny airplane button at right of flight data for flight track:

www.flightradar24.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: markymint

The problem with 447 wasn't the computer. It was getting faulty data from the sensors outside the aircraft.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2

No, it's happened a lot more than once. Takeoff and landing are the busiest time for the crew so they are most common. It's not unheard of to happen at cruise with no warning.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

You're right. I wouldn't be surprised if the pitot tubes are involved here, but who am I to speculate. 447 was poor CRM really. As then someone did the opposite of what you do when there's a stall warning. That one aside though, there are others like the acceptance flight just before 447 which I think was the computer reading something at just the wrong moment or such, and there's another one where a plane hit some turbulence, which just as the Airbus was registering something, the pilot made a manual move in the same split second which disabled everything and they wrecked.
edit on 28-12-2014 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Speckle

The claims that MH370 was hacked are wrong. There is no outside access to the computers.

You do this to every single post.

Your belief is the governments will tell us every piece of secret tech they have the ability to use.

If they don't admit it - in your world - it can not possibly exist.

False thinking - governments aren't going to share their secrets with the public.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join