It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones is Nuts!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
My apologies OP, the thread seems to have moved so far from the original idea...that's ATS I guess. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Could happen if we're not careful.

And when have we ever been careful?

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Uh, do you realize what happens to a human being born in the wild? We are entirely dependent on environmental stimuli for our learning. Think those thoughts of yours are your own, and in no way tied into your surroundings and environment. Really guy?

I don't think you understood my question and therefore you went off on a tangent of stating the obvious...

Evolution, baby. You don't seem to get it. Sorry!

That's a terrible answer... One of the most terrible answers I've ever heard to any question...

Evolution is about survival of Humanity... Which is the exact opposite of what you just said.

I can think of many brilliant inventions which lead to unfathomable consequences. To answer your question:

Name one?

Better yet, name one that has "unfathomable consequences" without Human input!!!

Mad scientist. Someone who's desire to invent supersedes their willingness to ponder all the possible outcomes of said invention. Oh, there have been many mad scientists.

& 60 years later they are no closer to creating AI...

Sometimes the hypothesis is madder than the Scientist...
This hypothesis fits the bill.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Actually, the only plausible answer I came out with was that they came here, they seeded us and... THEY NEVER LEFT... I kinda believe.... they walk among us,.... and we are them.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Uh, do you realize what happens to a human being born in the wild? We are entirely dependent on environmental stimuli for our learning. Think those thoughts of yours are your own, and in no way tied into your surroundings and environment. Really guy?

I don't think you understood my question and therefore you went off on a tangent of stating the obvious...

Evolution, baby. You don't seem to get it. Sorry!

That's a terrible answer... One of the most terrible answers I've ever heard to any question...

Evolution is about survival of Humanity... Which is the exact opposite of what you just said.

I can think of many brilliant inventions which lead to unfathomable consequences. To answer your question:

Name one?

Better yet, name one that has "unfathomable consequences" without Human input!!!

Mad scientist. Someone who's desire to invent supersedes their willingness to ponder all the possible outcomes of said invention. Oh, there have been many mad scientists.

& 60 years later they are no closer to creating AI...

Sometimes the hypothesis is madder than the Scientist...
This hypothesis fits the bill.

The splitting of the atom. Happy?

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Necrose

Question that springs to my mind is did they simply leave us to our own devices or run for the proverbial hills?

Think of it this way given the current human paradigm, what would happen should humanity ever manage to colonize other worlds? Nothing good i imagine.
edit on 27-12-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Wait, I need to repeat this.... evolution is about the survival of humanity... LOL! You really believe this ... is scientific? LOL! You really believe that?

LOL!

I have nothing further to discuss with you.

OMG, thanks for the giggles.

LOL!

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Rather like setting the timer for a bomb and walking nonchalantly away

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraftBuilder

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Could happen if we're not careful.

And when have we ever been careful?

Yeah, I know. This could be worse than the nuclear threat.

It's not like we don't have the common sense to avert this. It's not like we haven't been warned through indirect and direct channels.

It won't be the AI itself or the good it can do but the greed and weaponization of AI and then the wars to be able to keep making that profit that will really doom us.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

More of an event than an invention...

What unfathomable consequences does that have?

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I suppose the main idea was to accelerate the evolution on Earth...
or then we have those theories like they came here to mine gold etc. I don't know.

The funny thing and the paradox is, imagine future humans/humanoid-like species/basically us or the robots(A.I.) we will create ... invent a time machine in the future and go back in time to seed humans (us) on Earth thousands of years ago.
WOW!
edit on 27-12-2014 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

More of an event than an invention...

What unfathomable consequences does that have?

It led to the investigation of quantum physics as a realistic (note the word realistic here)theory. If that isn't unfathomable, tell me what is?

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Hmm I took the term "unfathomable" to mean dangerous seeing as it was used in context of AI taking over the World...

That doesn't mean I think you're wrong, I just don't think the person I was replying to meant it in such a way.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Hmm I took the term "unfathomable" to mean dangerous seeing as it was used in context of AI taking over the World...

That doesn't mean I think you're wrong, I just don't think the person I was replying to meant it in such a way.

Unfathomable means indecipherable or impossible to get to the bottom of.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

You've heard the phrase "survival of the fittest"???

You've heard of Darwin???

You know of this being mentioned in regards to evolution???

I have nothing further to discuss with you.

Indeed you don't, lest you continue to dig your own grave in this thread.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Necrose

Cant imagine any sufficiently advanced species that possesses the ability to cross the vast distances between the stars would require Gold. Also i imagine the substance is present is rather more considerable quantity's on worlds that orbit in a binary system given the fact that heaver elements would be rather more abundant. Accelerated evolution sounds like a better notion but to what ends given there apparent absence?

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
unfathomable |ʌnˈfað(ə)məb(ə)l| adjective
1 incapable of being fully explored or understood: her grey eyes were dark with some unfathomable emotion.
2 (of water or a natural feature) impossible to measure the extent of. mountains of unfathomable scale.

source: Apple's Look-Up dictionary service

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Yes I'm aware of that...

I don't think the person who first said it does...
Which was why I put it in inverted commas...

They were talking about dangerous ideas from mad scientists...

I know exactly the context they used the word in, because it was my question they were answering.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I disagree, I am absolutely certain that Pl3bs was more than aware of the meaning of unfathomable...You have lost me, misdiredction?

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Necrose
a reply to: DaRAGE

We discussed this topic yesterday in some other thread.
Personally, I think he is actually right.

Read something about SINGULARITY and A.I. mate, because A.I. is going to be our final invention and the end of human era.

I agree.

Its the next phase of evolution.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join