It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones is Nuts!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: blacktie

I think he had a site called prison planet once. I personally don't disdain Alex Jones, I just thought the wigout madness was hilarious.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Why do you assume that?
Once we upload human consciousness to the computer (late 2020s) we will be a part of the charade.
edit on 27-12-2014 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: Jonjonj

How could it be thought of as a great idea if the potential means the end of us as a species?

I also don't understand what you mean when you say "give God like qualities to the Human Race"...
I did no such thing.

Then let me clarify.
The whole idea of unfathomable repercussions is simply that. The invention of the internal combustion engine had unfathomable repercussions, as the original idea was to allow farmers the ability to use something else but horses to have the manpower to complete tasks that were impossible previously. The car was invented and as a result this was its success. We are all suffering the effects of car exhaust are we not? Unfathomable (at the time) consequences.

Why would someone invent somethihng that would aid or cause the end of the human race. My previous paragraph must surely demonstrate the ability of mankind to create something against our common interest.
If that is not enough, just read the news.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I forgot to mention that the God like quality is the ability to understand the repercussions of the actions.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Necrose

Greetings and Salutations- I'd concur that the machines are indeed taking over, at least all the negative ions that are in the atmosphere. Is this why many are 'out of plumb'? Many of us ATS™ members remember when somebody We knew, knew someone who was 'senile', now that someone lives next door or in our own house.. What has transpired since then? crappy diet with GMOs, crappy water laden with fluoride to dumb Us down, everybody cooking that crappy food with crappy microwave ovens that suck ALL the ions into their workings, folks de-hydrated while they chat on their crappy cell-phones.. Ever hear a microwave oven hum?

I wouldn't expect an actual war with folks squaring off against their typewriter/fax machines; some may say T.V. has already won??

Isn't 'Alex Jones' just a nom de plume for the former Texas radio guy after some plastic surgery??

namaste

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Alex Jones is definitely nuts though, by any reasonable definition of the word

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

He ain't no former Texas radio guy, Bill Hicks he is

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Necrose
a reply to: JimNasium

He ain't no former Texas radio guy, Bill Hicks he is

I loved that guy.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DaRAGE

Alex Jones is Nuts!!

You say that as if it's out of place to be nuts in this world.
And that nut, is making way more money than anyone here
at ATS. Doesn't mean you're wrong tho.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Btw, is any of those guys still alive?
I mean, Hicks is supposedly dead, Carlin is dead...

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Necrose
Btw, is any of those guys still alive?
I mean, Hicks is supposedly dead, Carlin is dead...

So sadly Bill is dead. For me he was a true philosopher, for the modern day.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Why would someone who is smart enough to create this sort of AI, be stupid enough to create this sort of AI?

Because although full A.I. is going to be completely unpredictable, some believe they will be able to control it, and use it to their advantage.

What surroundings & environment do you know of that consists of the idea to destroy Mankind?

Full A.I. will probably act in a cold, machine like manner, and so when it realizes for example how much of its resources we use, how we try to control it, it could simply decide to get rid of us.

You say that you understand the concept but I don't think that you do.

Yes, at this moment, true, full A.I. is not much more than sci-fi, but there are many researchers involved in its creation.

DARPA is pursuing it since the military is actually starting to consider A.I. as the next arms race.

Google just spent 400 million dollars buying Deepmind, which can already learn independently.

The transhumanist movement is gaining a LOT of traction, consisting of many, quite wealthy people, and one of their main goals is full A.I.

Full A.I. will be able to learn both from its environment and itself, it won't need programmers the second it is programmed because after that moment, it will program itself, it will be able to rewrite its own code, replicate and grow, it will have all the memory of the internet available to it and could take control of anything else it can connect to.

I know this sounds preposterous, but the key element of full A.I. is.. again.. its ability to learn without limits, please ponder on that for a moment, this will be its initial programmed goal / motivation, and it will do so with increasing velocity, quickly surpassing our intelligence (this is the whole point of full A.I.), so there is no telling what it will ultimately be capable of.

Most people knowledgeable on the subject agree that it will pose a danger to us, and suggest that the only way to avoid its drawbacks will be to merge with it, but in my opinion, this will (initially) pose equal danger.

I could explain why but I've done that quite a few times already.
edit on 27-12-2014 by Skaffa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Actually that's just a snippet of a segment whereby he's on a rant,he's telling us what the Elite are planning to do with technology,they wish to merge with machines and have the rest of us the 500 million sub humans not privy to it to be their slaves.
A technocratic bureaucratic dictatorship

Read Ray Kurzweil"the singularity" which Jones quotes many times.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Its not so hard to believe if there wasn't this wingnut Jones putting it out like it will happen tomorrow.

Jones is a "shill" and when people start talking about something that might have substance to it then the Jone's of the internet do this with it.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Well, even a broken clock is right twice a day.
I agree that Alex Jones is off his rocker. He's laughing all the way to the bank from the $$$ he's getting from his gullible listeners.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

What the F did I just watch? He needs meds. Someone get poor Alex some help. Professional help. He must have watched a terminator marathon while getting high. Thanks for the laughs.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

A.I. , singularity i think is a given and the dates 2029-45 is probably quite accurate . However i do not think it will be the end of humanity . It would take a case of immense stupid on mankind's behalf to allow computers to control all aspects of the things that would enable them to function .They would have to control nearly every aspect of the power generation chain for instance . Now it is possible that we could in the future rely on robots to manage all aspects of power generation . That would require many thousands of worker robots all plumbed in to the singularity . They themselves all require food (electricity at this stage ) . Take down their power source and it all dies very quickly . All we have to do is control the power generation , just a few MANUAL switches to turn the grid off .

People turn the power off every day worldwide by accident . The grids of any country are not that robust . One decent thunderstorm and bye bye skynet .

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

A.I. , singularity i think is a given and the dates 2029-45 is probably quite accurate . However i do not think it will be the end of humanity . It would take a case of immense stupid on mankind's behalf to allow computers to control all aspects of the things that would enable them to function .They would have to control nearly every aspect of the power generation chain for instance . Now it is possible that we could in the future rely on robots to manage all aspects of power generation . That would require many thousands of worker robots all plumbed in to the singularity . They themselves all require food (electricity at this stage ) . Take down their power source and it all dies very quickly . All we have to do is control the power generation , just a few MANUAL switches to turn the grid off .

People turn the power off every day worldwide by accident . The grids of any country are not that robust . One decent thunderstorm and bye bye skynet .

I disagree, it would simply require ONE rather impressive computer, after that everything we write could simply disappear, as the old ones used to say, like dust in the wind.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Geez , Thanks for the heads up , I thought he was just Coo Coo for Coco Puffs...............

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Maybe a robot.can out smart some of you.but my futuristic rpg in the future says otherwise

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join