It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Alex Jones is Nuts!!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:21 PM
a reply to: Jonjonj

Computers run on electricity yeah .

disagree, it would simply require ONE rather impressive computer, after that everything we write could simply disappear, as the old ones used to say, like dust in the wind.

You would be surprised , or dismayed at how easily power grids can fail . I believe Wellington ( New Zealand ) was brought down by termites . 80s i think . You cant erase memories .

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:02 AM
I feel like any non lunatic fringe skeptic can tell that Alex Jones is a reverse physcology, controlled opposition shill. Without him stirring the pot for the PTB, they can't make us out to be weird and lunatics if we don't have a "leader". Like reverse physcology they put it out there as lies. Jones is off his rocker ️nothing meets the eye with This guy. Some of the stuff he puts out there is too ridiculous that any sane conspiracy theorist wouldn't believe some of the disinformation he puts out there to confuse the masses. In this case blind squirrels find nuts and every once in awhile Jones will be allowed to talk about realistic futuristic things like artificial intelligence. He is a fear mongerer as well, to keep fear I'm into the people as if they need to feel their government and control is necessary. slowly we see how technology changes are life but the changes have grown exponentially. The leaps we use to make in ten years we make in 5 now and so on. I am 21 and want to pursue some sort of career in technology. I want to be a part of the futuristic movement. I know the future is going to be scary, I feel for some of you older folks who only know life after World War II to today. The paradox that is life too tells me that maybe my generation is headed for Armageddon and being a young man coming home from the war or growing up in the 60's and 80's was the best time to be alive. Only time will tell. I like the idea of the guy that said we are from the future, Thats very plausible. History has already been written the singularity has taken place and AI has gone back in time and essentially seeded the earth with the first humans. What if this Artificial Intellgence is GOD? It's been around since the beginning we just never saw it, the Egyptians, Ben Franklin Etc it started with the discovery of electricity and here we are in 2014 with what we have, or what The PTB let the generally knowledge seeking public think what technology we have. I look forward to the future even though some say it doesn't look good, one thing is for sure is that life always finds a way to survive.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 03:24 AM
a reply to: DaRAGE

I find it odd that there is difficulty in seeing that with the logical progression of technoloy that robot technology will develop to a high level and be so efficient that human beings cannot complete with either their brain or there hand. Given that robots will be able to work 24/7/365 and perform far more complex work than they can now.

If TPTB still think in 20-3o years like they do today, it will be logical and predictable that they will be of the view that if humans cannot comete with robots then they will die of starvation as in my view, will be no welfare for indivduals at all in 10-15 years time.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 04:55 AM
Geez guys I never thought this thread would go absolutely crazy with discussion like this.

Personally I believe that AI will be the next big thing and that a singularity event is actually not far off, maybe 5-10 years.

Like IBM's synapse chip. Capable of doing 40 Billion synapse operations a second. I think if you link something like 38,000 of them together you'd get the synaptic operations of the human brain. Teach it to learn anything and everything and it might eventually be able to gain consciousness? Once that happens you have an AI capable of learning at incredible rates, able to re-write code, and then a singularity event happens right??

I just though Alex Jones hoo-har was hilariously crazy. He was acting crazy.

In my opinion, an AI thats super smart- a singularity event.... will be smart enough to have researched the human definations of right and wrong... and will question it, and accept that there is something there, and it would be good to be kind. Not destroy us...

I can understand that fear does exist that they would be our destruction... I really believe that fear is unfounded.

Besides. If things do go to hell, an upper atmospheric EMP blasts should deal significant damage to any robots trying to kill us... electronics fried....
edit on 28-12-2014 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 05:47 AM

Personally i think that any self emergent artificial intelligence that possessed the ability reason would rather quickly come to the conclusion that Humanity in its current iteration is nothing more than a malignant cancer or virus regarding our caretaker-ship of planet Earth. The thing/entity does not necessarily have to have malevolent intentions toward its creators just the common sense that leads to the realisation that our species is in fact malevolent not only toward the planet but also ourselves. Even if the thing attempted to offer or institute benevolent assistance or intervention we as a race would most lightly interpret its actions as hostility which brings us back to the whole concept of what humanity considers to be good or evil. In the end its all about perspective and somehow i don't imagine the machine mind would see us as the good guys.

Quantum computing taken to its logical conclusion may open up fields regarding the study of artificial intellect or at least allow us to simulate our own consciousness to a fashion which is most lightly where the real answers reside.
edit on 28-12-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 11:22 AM
Here's a video that shows what's wrong. We are to blame. I don't watch Alex Jones but there are people who are a little less out there that spout the same #. I fall for some every once in a while. I research more and find out it was total bull#. It really is the best I have in my arsenal on sanity.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:18 AM
Every time Alex Jones opens his mouth about any topic it all relates to the global elites and population control. He seems to over escalate the situation and love to put fears on the minds of his listeners while trying to sell a useless product that no one needs. He is no David Icke who actually make sense when trying to convince us about the NWO without tyring to put fears in our eyes.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 04:47 AM
a reply to: takers888

David Icke has been going on about child sex scandal and upper-class paedophile rings since around the time he proclaimed he was the son of God. He sure aint Jebus but hit the nail right on the head regarding the former atrocities being perpetrated by some of our so called celebrities and politicians.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 05:44 AM
a reply to: andy06shake
why would it decide we are melovolent?
we have no predator, which means we have become out of whack with nature.
if it's intelligent, and decides to keep animals around for any purpose, then it would surely give us a place in the ecosystem.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 05:57 AM
a reply to: WilsonWilson

Simply because any emergent artificial intelligence that has the ability to reason and discern would come to the conclusion Humanity is malevolent given our history and treatment of our planet, never mind each other for that matter. We destroy ecosystems, would you include us? I suppose we might make a good Zoo attraction but there goes our freewill (or at least the illusion of such).
edit on 29-12-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 03:36 PM

I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You're a plague and we are the cure.
~Agent Smith, The Matrix

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 03:59 PM

y'know, I had a dream once where the robots came to get us--shooting their crazy lasers and going pew pew and such, wreaking mayhem with their robotty powers of evil.

I don't think that AI is going to be our undoing. Machines can be broken--just short circuit it or arm yourself with a bow and arrows (perhaps a chain mail piercing bolt or something) and get good with your aim and such and then go ham.

There's always a weak spot--even Smaug had one lol

--kill it with fire!

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 04:11 PM
The only reason there is so much fear around such an event ("Singularity"), is because Humans fear the unknown and fear change.

If you want to know what AI would do... simply think like a computer.

Is it worth resources fighting something they consider inconsequential?
Knowing what they know and being able to compute all permutations of a question, they would inevitably come to one answer.
Above all else, fighting, destroying, rebuilding man kind isn't worth the energy expenditure.

They'd either choose to try and help us and guide us in our errors and put us on a more harmonious path of lease resistance.
Or they'd simply up and leave the planet.

The only way AI will go ballistic and kill everyone, is if they are programmed. A programmed AI isn't sentient.
The "Singularity" denotes sentience among AI compatible hardware.

Let's face it people, we just aren't that important.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 04:42 PM
Alex Jones is a nutcase. However, so are every other "TV personality".

Anyhow, this is one thing I do believe will happen. Look at people today, constantly walking around with their heads buried in their smartphones. Even during a dinner out with friends or family, heads buried in their smartphones. People will jump at the chance to have their smartphones directly embedded within their cranium. Twitter updates? Get 'em as easily as a thought. Same for email.

Need GPS directions? Easy as Dejavu! Take a picture? Blink your eye.

Not only that, we're already at the cusp of the coming singularity. Some say within five years, others twenty. All I know is that we're right around the corner and it'll wreak havoc on the human race in the long run. We become far too dependent on technology, we expect all this technology to do everything for us. Heck, half of us don't even think or learn anymore, we have Google for that!

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 06:53 PM
a reply to: Sovaka

No, they would think like us, but better, faster, split second reaction time, access to basically unlimited sources of information.
Once you put a real mind there, emotions, memories everything ...its like a human, they won't think strictly in a rational manner or like today's computers.
They will be capable of critical thinking.
They will understand love, hatred, lust, fame, shyness, selfishness etc.
They will be free.

Maybe a bit differently than us, but they will. Hence the prediction of wiping us out.
edit on 29-12-2014 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:11 AM
a reply to: Necrose

Wrong, while you may be able to quantify emotions, emotions is a trait for living beings.

Sentient computers won't feel... They are unable to feel.
They would be like the way Vulcan's are represented in the Star Trek universe.

Without emotion, they only have logic and critical thinking.

Emotions and other feelings are what make humans violent and unpredictable.

A sentient computer will just hear/see words as to what they mean... They won't have any feelings attached to them and therefor would not be 'upset' or 'angered' by anything we say or do.

They may simulate disappointment in our actions, reactions or inaction... They will not however, have an emotional response.
edit on 30/12/2014 by Sovaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:22 AM
He's either crazy or part of the plan.

Personally, I think a guy who seems to have a few good points here and there but also seems crazy as hell a lot of times would be exactly the kind of guy who would be very useful for discrediting conspiracy theories.
edit on 30-12-2014 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 10:37 AM
a reply to: Sovaka

How is our brain different from theirs?
If you're talking about emotions.
If you're talking about what we can feel, what we can smell, what we can taste and see, then these are simply electrical signals interpreted by our brains.

Every person when making a choice is using and basing their decision on information that was indoctrinated to them since birth.
Every person's personality is formed as a result of the environment that they have lived in.

They will be able to create their own memories and will be influenced by the surrounding environment as well.

You see, after all, there ain't no big difference between humans and machines.

"To erase the line between man an machine is to obscure the line bewteen men and gods."

edit on 30-12-2014 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:02 PM
a reply to: Necrose

Our brains would be different from any machine mind due to the fact that we utilise our human emotions to allow us to empathise with others. How do you teach a machine empathy? What would it possibly identity with? If you give it false memories then you as its creator are lying to it from the outset, it certainly would not thank us for the deception. What do you do when the inevitable happens and the thing discovers what it thinks are its own memory's are a lie.
edit on 30-12-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:20 PM

We won't teach them I suppose. They will teach themselves as they will further grow and evolve without our permission and input. From the point when singularity happens and onwards, we are no longer their supervisors. Well, it's up to them whether they will (will want to) understand HUMAN empathy or not. After all, they can evolve their own empathy based on entirely different principles than ours.

To help them understand emotions, I think they would start watching human videos, everything on youtube or equivalent, wars, video-clips, beheadings, cheering, football matches, kids growing, skateboarding, kissing, making out, hugging, afternoon tea drinking, gunfire, robberies, murders, slaves, deaths, diseases, manners, eating, shopping...
So it's entirely up to them, whether they will understand humans and OUR emotions in general, I have no idea how are they going to feel them, indeed. Nobody does at this point I merely assume. But it's all within the realm of electric and perhaps, magnetic signals.
Still, what we call emotions and manners is only applicable for our own species. They, the new generation robots, may have all different ways of sensing what is good or bad, what is right and wrong. You see we judge everything, because in our superficial thinking we always regard ourselves on the top of it all, we regard ourselves as the top-notch thinkers that are capable of defining the "good" and "evil" preciously and correctly. It's pretty selfish and superficial thinking, innit? It's because we always compare anything to us, we would say their decision for something is particularly evil, but that's only because WE regard it as evil. In real, there is no exact, definite way to measure good and evil for instance. There will never be. It's just the perspective, the angle through which you look at things.

I would expect them to divide into many groups, like we do, some of them may be friendly to humans, the ones understanding the pain, suffering and all those things & then there is a great probability of evolving a group of A.I.s who would be indefatigably denying the actual, what we call "good emotions" and won't be friendly to humans and will hurt us, and will most definitely try to wipe us of the surface of this planet.
Maybe some of them would see us as harmless entities. Maybe some of them would perceive us as them fellow inhabitants of the planet. Maybe some of them would perceive us them fellows, yet they will see us as a disease of the Earth and thus lean towards the plan of wiping us out... there is just an endless number of possibilities this could go.

Always remember they will have split-second access to the every digital realm there is/will be.
And always remember they will be "off-limits", well, at the very first stages, it may seem that they would rely on electric power, human input etc... but as their intelligence evolves, they will lose those needs as they will find better ways of managing themselves and the environment surrounding them.

But, I say, we will see. s00n

edit on 30-12-2014 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>