It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones is Nuts!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Yup! You heard me.

Check out this 33 second live leak and tell me otherwise...

www.liveleak.com...

The robots are coming to get us!! ROFL!!

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DaRAGE

We discussed this topic yesterday in some other thread.
Personally, I think he is actually right.

Read something about SINGULARITY and A.I. mate, because A.I. is going to be our final invention and the end of human era.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Here's 20 more mins of that above.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

well, he may be a bit crazy and funny at times... but regarding robots, he has a point.
edit on 27-12-2014 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Could happen if we're not careful.

That one scene in a movie (can't even remember which movie) where they're giving a demonstrations of a security/law enforcement robot and it goes nuts and takes out everyone in the room still gives me nightmares.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
basically, this is it:
en.wikipedia.org...
Predictions by Ray Kurzweil ... I assume he got everything right to date so ...

"2040s

People spend most of their time in full-immersion virtual reality (Kurzweil has cited The Matrix as a good example of what the advanced virtual worlds will be like, without the dystopian twist)."

"2099

The human brain has been completely reverse engineered and all aspects of its functioning are understood.
Natural human thinking possesses no advantages over computer minds.
Machines have attained equal legal status with humans.
Humans and machines merge in the physical and mental realms. Cybernetic brain implants enable humans to fuse their minds with AI's.
In consequence, clear distinctions between humans and machines no longer exist."

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Necrose

well, he may be a bit crazy and funny at times... but regarding robots, he has a point.

Free world.

He's made so many claims, something is bound to stick.
edit on 27-12-2014 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Well, Elon Musk seems to agree that allowing AI to be developed without restrictions and extremely tight quality control would lead to a possible end for humanity as we know it. Ray Kurzweil, a noted genius and transhumanist also agrees that reaching the fabled singularity would drastically change mankind, though he believes for the better.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Alex is the voice of dissent.............You see the trouble with this.......I do. This man is working for the PTB and anyone with some intelligence can figure it out.

He is put in place to weaken the conspiracy minded voice. He is a fool and plays his part perfectly. They can tear the entire message apart by taking down the messenger over and over again. That is why never put faith in the messenger only put faith in the message itself. And this entire game falls apart.....piece by piece.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I'm going to quote a little jedi on ya...

Who's more foolish, the fool or the fool that follows?

He has a popular program that's making him wealthy, so maybe he's crazy like a fox.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

That one scene in a movie (can't even remember which movie) where they're giving a demonstrations of a security/law enforcement robot and it goes nuts and takes out everyone in the room still gives me nightmares.

Robocop maybe?

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Well, we have 50:50 chance that after singularity occurs they won't annihilate us.

Technically, I would say 49:51 as there will not be any instinct from evolution (as there won't be any real evolution in a human sense) not to kill us. I think they won't be friendly, mainly because of the absent evolution in their case...they will have no reason and instinct within them to be kind and friendly to humans.

(((one could argue we are going to program them in the way we want, thus to be friendly -->
again, wrong! when singularity occurs :
The technological singularity occurs as artificial intelligences surpass human beings as the smartest and most capable life forms on the Earth. Technological development is taken over by the machines, who can think, act and communicate so quickly that normal humans cannot even comprehend what is going on. The machines enter into a "runaway reaction" of self-improvement cycles, with each new generation of A.I.s appearing faster and faster. From this point onwards, technological advancement is explosive, under the control of the machines, and thus cannot be accurately predicted (hence the term "Singularity").)))

link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Here's 20 more mins of that above.

Hilarious. Not to ignore the IA debate but...hilarious.
One could imagine Alex in the WWE.

edit on 27-12-2014 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-12-2014 by Jonjonj because: Bad spelling

link   

I agree he does throw up some stinkers, but sometimes he does get some useful stuff out,

problem is, if he continues saying stuff like this he will be seen the same as David Icke,

saying that, i do think what he is saying about will happen one day, more and more machines make our live easier,

i do notice thought the video is from 2011, and we haven't seen it yet

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
Robocop maybe?

That's what I was thinking but wasn't sure. Would have been the first one....

Found it...WARNING: Gory.

edit on 12/27/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
He likes to rant a lot, but he isn't too far off base according to Stephen Hawking.

Prof Stephen Hawking, one of Britain's pre-eminent scientists, has said that efforts to create thinking machines pose a threat to our very existence. He told the BBC:"The development of full artificial intelligence could spell the end of the human race."

Source

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The problem with this theory...

The Robot would need a Human to engineer the capability to not only self replicate, but to discern the difference between Humans & Robots...

Even then...
There would be no way of making the Robot "smarter" because they can only enact what is programmed in...
There is no way for them to add to their knowledge without Human engineers inputting the data...

Given the premise it would be almost impossible for a machine to tell the difference between Man & Machine...

It's pretty much an impossibility...

Given the further premise that no Human who is smart enough to engineer a Machine would be stupid enough to give it such capabilities...

I'd go out on a limb to say it is definitely an impossibility.
edit on 27-12-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Robocop maybe?

I'm pretty sure you are right, perhaps RoboCop 2.. However the Terminator (Skynet) is also a good example.

Whats really interesting is watching SciFi movies from waaay back in the day, a lot of what was imagined is now a reality. Who is to say Robocop or skynet couldn't happen? I mean look at the recent advancements in prosthetic limbs, we are bridging the gap between robot and man right now.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I want a killer robot!

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

The technological singularity occurs as artificial intelligences surpass human beings as the smartest and most capable life forms on the Earth. Technological development is taken over by the machines, who can think, act and communicate so quickly that normal humans cannot even comprehend what is going on. The machines enter into a "runaway reaction" of self-improvement cycles, with each new generation of A.I.s appearing faster and faster. From this point onwards, technological advancement is explosive, under the control of the machines, and thus cannot be accurately predicted (hence the term "Singularity".

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join