It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones is Nuts!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: DaRAGE

Im not scared of robots, anything built by Man can be circumvented and/or countered by Man.

again, wrong.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
People project human things onto AI rather simply. What motivates a robot/AI? Nothing.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Necrose

On what score, please elaborate?

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Turq1

oh, let me guess... as A.I. will be totally capable of critical thinking and have emotions as well (as human brains are supposed to be uploaded till 2030) ....they will be motivated by......
LUST?
GREED?
VENGEANCE?

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

The very definition of AI is that it starts to learn and make decisions by itself. So how does man control that?
edit on 12/27/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

It's like saying chimpanzees can fight us. They can't! they are gonna lose either way. We are far more advanced in anything.

Once we were at the same level as chimpanzees. Now we would kick their ass with the technology we have.

Once the A.I. surpasses the computing power of all the brains on Earth, that's when singularity occurs or few years after, we have no chance to stop it. It will evolve exponentially or even faster and it's gonna get unstoppable and therefore it can kick our arse, in the same way we can kick chimpanzees'.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

The very definition of AI is that it starts to learn and make decisions by itself. So how does man control that?

that's the point, he doesn't.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Yeah I agreed with your statement. But then when I read your next one, I got confused so I edited the first. LOL

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I think Alex Jones has watched the Matrix a bit to much.

link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

yup, check out
The Singularity Is Near by Ray Kurzweil
and Our Final Invention by James Barrat

Ordered them last weekend from Amazon, I am really hyped.

link   

originally posted by: Turq1
People project human things onto AI rather simply. What motivates a robot/AI? Nothing.

The idea of computer intelligence being a bad thing is based on a premise. The premise is that computers will suddenly realise that they don't actually need us, and do away with us forthwith.
The idea of computer intelligence being a good thing is based on a premise. The premise is that we can control computer intelligence and bend it to our whim, to wit: super intelligence at our beck and call.

I don't believe that we would be able to control computer or AI intelligence, in fact once achieved, I believe it would destroy us within a week.

Let's remember the basic idea here. Survival. And the promotion or maintainance of the environment in which we live, in order to survive. What would an objective intelligence surmise from humans? Hmmm...

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Could happen if we're not careful.

That one scene in a movie (can't even remember which movie) where they're giving a demonstrations of a security/law enforcement robot and it goes nuts and takes out everyone in the room still gives me nightmares.
...................................................................................................................................................... .....................................ROBO COP?

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

every year we realise The Matrix is far more correct prediction that we had thought

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Best AI or artificial intelligence in existence is comparable to a four year old child. As to emotions those are simply human constructs. How do you expect an artificial intelligence to emulate such?

Lust, greed, vengeance are also human frailties those are simply not traits any competent artificial intelligence would wish to possess hence would never pursue.

edit on 27-12-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Will do. Thanks. I've been thinking this AI thing through since we worked on an AI project with Watson Research in the mid-80s. Lost track of what IBM was doing in the field, but I think they've made some real "progress." There are some very real potential dangers here to think long and hard about.

a reply to: ecossiepossie
Yeah..found the scene on Youtube and posted it on page 1. Serious nightmares. There was another scene in a recent TV show where a home security system also goes nuts and wipes people out. No way to stop it. That came in a close second in my nightmare parade.
edit on 12/27/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
He's "crazy" in that he throws temper tantrums often, and his interpretation of reality is humorous, but I don't think he's too far off. Instead of "end of humanity" I prefer to see it as the dawn of transhumanism. Yea, I think the majority will be realized as useless eaters, and rapidly be done away with, but I don't see it as much of an issue. One mans hell is another man's utopia? *shrugs* It beats looking at all these incompetent, overweight dumdums.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

ah, you think very "superficially" or too "shallow"... try to go much "deeper" into it.

think outside the box. we are not talking about A.I. today (although Iam not aware of any at all) but about A.I. in between the years 2029 and 2045.
edit on 27-12-2014 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
In this case there seems to be a little warning in the crazy!

"The development of full artificial intelligence (AI) could spell the end of the human race,"

After all this sounds pretty nutty too....oh, wait:

-Hawking told the BBC.
Source

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

A chimp is an animal, simply a biological meat sack born of evolution, an artificial intelligence would be a completely different entity altogether i'm afraid.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
We are one of the last generations to have children born as pure humans on Earth. Enjoy the lifetime.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join