It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sydney cafe being held up now isis flag in window

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   
they are just talking about it now on skynews. he tried to get the message out on radio and tv. both have refused. he is now threatening hostages to start using their facebook and twitter accounts to get his message out.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: paddz420

That's the one!

I only heard it for a very short time before changing the channel.

Odd stuff!!

Ok, now I really am going to sleep. Goodnight all, let's hope there is good news tomorrow!

edit on 15/12/14 by Cruff because: Extra

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I really hate the media right now.

The gunman is playing them like a fiddle-thankfully the police showed some common sense and advised the press not to divulge any info that could garner him any more attention.

But it's too late now-those clowns with the cameras have already broadcasted those images of the flag, and instead of pulling that footage they repeat it over and over and over...This could be a call to arms and the media is helping produce the recruitment video.

I'm wondering if there is more to this...It is only one man after all, If I was to hazard a guess he might have a bomb and that might explain the caution, but I hope that is not the case and the cops have done a excellent job at keeping this under wraps, the gunman has been in contact with the media and I bet they are chomping at the bit to release what they know and IMO they would have if the cops didn't tell them to zip it.

But enough about them, it's time to spare a thought for the hostages. I'm sure they will be okay.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: feelingconnected

So true.

We are Aussies, we will forgive long before we even think about angst.

Just don't push too far ...

Feeling so bad for hostages and their families.

Not to mention the members of all sorts of agencies dealing with prolonged adrenaline fluctuation ...

This Royally Sucks !!

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
As there is a lack of information regarding the events inside the cafe, i thought i'd share the following news:

Religious leaders and community members in Sydney are converging at Lakemba mosque where they are praying for the families and people affected by the horrible situation.

It's great to see the community join together in a time like this.

twitter.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
I really hate the media right now.

The gunman is playing them like a fiddle-thankfully the police showed some common sense and advised the press not to divulge any info that could garner him any more attention.

But it's too late now-those clowns with the cameras have already broadcasted those images of the flag, and instead of pulling that footage they repeat it over and over and over...This could be a call to arms and the media is helping produce the recruitment video.

I'm wondering if there is more to this...It is only one man after all, If I was to hazard a guess he might have a bomb and that might explain the caution, but I hope that is not the case and the cops have done a excellent job at keeping this under wraps, the gunman has been in contact with the media and I bet they are chomping at the bit to release what they know and IMO they would have if the cops didn't tell them to zip it.

But enough about them, it's time to spare a thought for the hostages. I'm sure they will be okay.

I have to say i don't agree with you. He has tried for the last 10 hours to get the media to speak to a hostage and they have flatly refused. Its only he is forcing them to put it out on social media and people are starting to share it that he is getting what he wants.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I'm at work right now, so this thread here is my live-feed of the events in Sidney.
Just popping my head in to say thanks for all the info and comments to keep us folk without live-feeds or TVs up-to-date

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

There has been a reaching out to the Muslim community ...

Anecdotal story ... Muslim women were taking off their hibabs - soasnotto be aligned with this tard.

The general community was encouraging them to keep on doing what they do !!

( don't let that fertiliser element change who you are ! )

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Did anyone else catch the video put on youtube of the demands? Good chance it was real. Watched it but now its gone.

[rant]

The only thing about this which angers me is the following (Please note I do hope it all ends without bloodshed):

Social media buzzing with constant #'s of people feigning an emotional response to gain more followers. This might sound horrible but I am sick to death of people on twitter posting stuff like:

"In bed and cant sleep, worried about the people in the siege"

Look at their profile: UK / USA etc.

The hostages friends and family, the policies friends and family people who live in the city... THEY are the ones who cant sleep because of this, STOP abusing hash tags to make out that you are some sort of saint.

Its terrible yes, but ffs people there are so many more atrocities going on in the world right now, just because its in the first world you cant sleep? Get over yourself.

[/rant]

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I'm torn between being so worried about the people in there and wanting to know whats going on, and despising the moronic media coverage.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: paddz420
a reply to: Cruff
Are you talking about the dark background music in this video?

Certain sounds and frequencies induce emotions and that one is put there to induce fear and discomfort, its not unsimilar to what you find in certain parts of horror movies.
OK thats really messed up, this whole thing freakin reeks!!!! Why would the ABC be playing that noise in the clip???
If this isnt a false flag you can bet your ass TPTB have been waiting for something like this to happen and will use it to full advantage, get ready for police and security everywhere checking our bags and IDs when we wanna go to the CBD

God I hope Im being a paranoid idiot, sadly I dont believe thats the case

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

The media are now not feeding the monster ...

Starving hungry dangerous selfish retarded animals ...

Works for me .

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

I'm watching cnn herein the states, as for ray hadley.....

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
This is so messed up on so many levels.

This is going to enrage all the simpleminded idiots on both sides of the argument and the only people that will suffer are the innocent. God, Humans are a constant source of disappointment and unrealized potential.

I hope this ends soon as nobody should have to go through this.

We are but pawns on their chessboard. Not looking forward to whats coming next.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Yeah he is a motor mouth !

He did however defer from doing a live broadcast of the hostage calls, instead - taking police advice.

But yeah ... Boofhead - lol !

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Channel 9 just said the guy is a 49 year old on bail for arranging the murder of his wife. Sorry no link, they just made the claim live.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie
Damned if they do, damned if they don't. If the media doesn't cover it, just as many people will scream and shout about a big coverup, but that belongs in a different thread. My thoughts are with the people involved in this event.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Here are links to video of his demands.
Edit: on second thought maybe not here.
edit on 15-12-2014 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
I'm torn between being so worried about the people in there and wanting to know whats going on, and despising the moronic media coverage.

What you have said...I totally agree with; that is how I am feeling too.

I keep praying for everyone in that situation; so far no one has been killed; I just hope and pray no one will be.

My take on this is: Isis has called upon people via twitter to fight for their cause; a lot of lone wolf's read what Isis says; and many of them are lunatics. I think this guy in Australia is a (lone wolf lunatic)...and this kind of attack is to me very scarey...because how many other (lone wolf lunatics) are there in this world...and how can TPTB keep track of them all...they can't.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
As there is a lack of information regarding the events inside the cafe, i thought i'd share the following news:

Religious leaders and community members in Sydney are converging at Lakemba mosque where they are praying for the families and people affected by the horrible situation.

It's great to see the community join together in a time like this.

twitter.com...

Actually proud to be an Australian citizen after seeing this post and pics you posted.

My heart goes out to those directly and indirectly involved and pray for a situation that involves a resolve without any death or injury.

I pray Aussies don't use this incident to cause more divide in this country than there already is.

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join